[24 February 2019]
Marvellous Marvel Actors
Genre – All the Marvel actors have a party at Robert’s house. They chat, play games and have fun
Street Shiter VII
Genre – Comedy
The Raiders Of The Lost Stark
Genre – Action mystery
Goose The Cat From ‘Captain Marvel’
Genre – The only Marvel debut that matters
Galaxy Of The Guardians
Genre – Project cancelled, director sacked
Netflix Cancelled Our Team Name After Disney Bought It
Genre – Netflix original
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the 2004 remake of Alfie starring Jude Law?
2. Alfred Hitchcock was born in which country?
3. Who plays the title role in 2001’s Oceans Eleven? [bonus point for naming the actor who played the same role in the 1960 original]
GEORGE CLOONEY [Frank Sinatra]
4. The following is the poster tagline for which Disney film, “The greatest adventure of all is finding our place in the circle of life?
THE LION KING
5. Shaun Of The Dead is set in which city?
6. Which Indiana Jones film features a mine cart chase sequence?
INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
7. Who directed Panic Room?
8. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John appeared together in which film?
9. Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone and The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring was released in which year?
10. Who plays the lead role in the Naked Gun films?
ROUND II: Filming [MCU Actor’s Debut Films]
1. Peter Serafinowicz/Richard Armitage – What is the name of Liam Neeson’s character in Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace? Sio Bibble? Nute Gunray? Qui-Gon Jinn?
2. Josh Brolin – The Goonies was released in which year? 1982? 1985? 1987?
3. Natalie Portman – The 1994 Luc Besson film, Leon, was released under what title in the United States? The Killer? The Professional? The Italian?
4. Anthony Mackie – Who directed 8 Mile? Spike Jonze? Stephen Daldry? Curtis Hanson?
5. Carrie Coon – At the start of Gone Girl, Nick comes home to find his wife is missing on the day of which wedding anniversary? 5th 10th 15th?
6. Benedict Cumberbatch – 2003’s To Kill A King is about which monarch? Charles I? George III? Louis XVI?
7. Dominic Cooper – What was the poster tagline for From Hell? Only the legend will survive? These streets belong to Jack? To Detective Abberline?
ONLY THE LEGEND WILL SURVIVE
8. Jennifer Connelly – David Aaronson, played by Robert De Niro in Once Upon A Time In America, goes by what nickname? Clipper? Noodles? Eyes?
9. Mickey Rourke – At the start of Spielberg’s 1941, how do Commander Mitamura and General Von Kleinschmidt arrive in America? Zeppelin? Submarine? Tank?
10. 2009’s Star Trek won the Oscar for best makeup, making it the first Star Trek to win an academy award. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Justin Theroux, Jared Leto, Reese Witherspoon, Willem Dafoe and Christian Bale all featured in which film?
2. According to T2, where did Mark Renton go after stealing the £16,000 at the end of Trainspotting?
3. What is the name of the high school that Bill and Ted attend in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL
4. Escape 2 Africa and Europe’s Most Wanted are the subtitles of sequels to which film?
5. The American, starring George Clooney, is set in which country (excluding the prologue in Sweden)?
6. The following quote is from which film, “But the worst thing is that me, fatty, sideburns lady and the mutants over at table 9, will never ever find a way to better the situation because we have nothing to offer the opposite sex”?
THE WEDDING SINGER
7. Robby The Robot is a character from which 1956 film?
8. Forrest Gump was released in which year?
9. The Bridge On The River Kwai is set during which military conflict?
WORLD WAR II
10. How many Highlander films have been theatrically released to date (not including the animated film)?
FOUR (Highlander, The Quickening, The Sorcerer, Endgame)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In Blade Runner 2049, Deckard is hiding in the radiated remains of which city? New York? Las Vegas? Dallas?
2. In Easy A, the school’s mascot was the blue devil before being changed to what? The woodchuck? The dolphin? The Empire State Building?
THE WOODCHUCK (groundhog)
3. How many actors portrayed elements of Bob Dylan’s life and music in I’m Not There? 6? 8? 10?
SIX (Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, Ben Whishaw)
4. Who provided the narration for 1962’s Lolita? Peter Sellers? Laurence Olivier? James Mason?
5. Which of the following hasn’t played a real US President on film? Alan Rickman? Kevin Costner? Gilbert Gottfried?
KEVIN COSTNER (Gilbert Gottfried – A Million Ways To Die In The West, Alan Rickman – The Butler)
6. Johnny Depp played Raoul Duke in which film? Benny & Joon? Blow? Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
7. Jerry Maguire, in the film of the same name, is an agent representing athletes in which sport? American Football? Baseball? Basketball?
8. Who played the role of Shylock in the 2004 adaptation of The Merchant Of Venice? Al Pacino? Dustin Hoffman? Ian McKellen?
9. What is the name of the arcade cabinet game that Ralph lives in, in Wreck-It Ralph? Can Do Ken? Repair Time Randy? Fix-It Felix Jr?
FIX-IT FELIX JR
10. Production on No Country For Old Men had to briefly shut down while waiting for a smoke cloud to clear; the cloud itself was caused by pyrotechnics on There Will Be Blood, which was filming in the same area. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mulholland Drive / J Edgar / Birdman / Tank Girl
Poster: Ned Kelly
Actor: Naomi Watts