[27 January 2019]
The Unbearable Lightness Of Ursa Major
Genre – Things get grizzly under the stars
We Are Pooh!
Genre – Fleeing persecution from the Romans, a bear with no trousers allies himself with a group of slaves. Once cornered on a hillside, the slaves refuse to give up their ursine comrade, responding simply with the phrase “we are pooh”
Liverpool Street Bear
Genre – Tragic story of a small bear from darkest Peru, who starves to death on a train stuck outside Stowmarket due to signal failure
Genre – The left one
My Bear Lady
Genre – A snobbish professor trains an uncouth Bart the Bear to become a high-class socialite
Mary Plain, Queen Of Scots
Genre – Historical drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the title of the sequel to The Incredibles?
2. Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred is the drink of choice for which character?
3. Which Jurassic Park films feature Sam Neill as Dr Alan Grant? (one point per correct answer)
JURASSIC PARK / JURASSIC PARK III
4. Who directed The Hateful Eight?
5. Who played the lead role in Con Air?
6. Hancock, starring Will Smith, was released in which year?
7. What is the name of the Night Fury dragon in How To Train Your Dragon?
8. The following quote is from which film, “I believe that whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you.. stranger”?
THE DARK KNIGHT
9. What did M Night Shyamalan direct in between The Sixth Sense and Signs?
10. Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin appeared in which crime thriller?
ROUND II: Filming [Bear Films]
1. Who directed and voiced the title role in Ted? Mark Wahlberg? Giovanni Ribisi? Seth MacFarlane?
2. Which South American country does Paddington come from in the film of the same name? Peru? Argentina? Brazil?
3. What animal is Mr Big, voiced by Maurice LaMarche in Zootopia/Zootropolis? Polar Bear? Cheetah? Shrew?
4. The following quote is from which film, “They don’t hear your voice, they just see the colour of your face. You understand?”? The Revenant? Backcountry? Balto?
5. What item turns Merida’s mother (and eventually her brothers) into a bear? Pie? Biscuit? Cake?
6. Who voices the lead role in Disney’s Brother Bear? Joaquin Phoenix? Michael J Fox? Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
7. Tropic Thunder was nominated for one Oscar, in which category? Best Original Screenplay? Best Hair and Makeup? Best Supporting Actor?
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
8. Which actors voiced Yogi and Boo Boo in 2010’s Yogi Bear? Ray Romano & Adam Levine? Dan Aykroyd & Justin Timberlake? Danny Glover & Usher?
DAN AKYROYD & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
9. Anthony Hopkins worked with Bart The Bear in two films, which of the following isn’t one of them? Instinct? Legends Of The Fall? The Edge?
10. The vultures in The Jungle Book were originally going to be voiced by The Beatles but John Lennon refused. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name the four lead actors in Roman Polanski’s Carnage. (one point per correct answer)
JODIE FOSTER / JOHN C REILLY / KATE WINSLET / CHRISTOPH WALTZ
2. How many films Wes Anderson films have been released to date?
3. Which actor starred in JFK, Lost In Space, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix and Lawless?
4. What is the name of John Wick’s dog in John Wick?
5. What is the title of the World War II film directed by Mel Gibson, starring Andrew Garfield?
6. The following quote is from which film, “There are no two words in the English language more harmful than ‘good job’”?
7. Who directed 1990’s Miller’s Crossing?
THE COEN BROTHERS (JOEL COEN)
8. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was followed up by which sequel/spin-off?
GET HIM TO THE GREEK
9. Ralph Fiennes, Juliette Binoche, Willem Dafoe, Kristin Scott Thomas and Colin Firth starred in which film?
THE ENGLISH PATIENT
10. The Gareth Edwards’ directed Godzilla was released in which year?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not appear in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button? Tilda Swinton? Mahershala Ali? Bradley Whitford?
2. Room was released in which year? 2012? 2015? 2017?
3. What is the name of the company that Saito hires Cobb to dismantle in Inception? Devlin-Jones? Fisher-Morrow? Teller-Heilberg?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Cross over, children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the light”? The Conjuring? Thirteen Ghosts? Poltergeist?
5. Akira is set in which year? 2001? 2019? 2052?
6. Erik Stevens is the villain in which Marvel film? Black Panther? Ant-Man? The Incredible Hulk?
7. What is the name of the 2009 animated film starring Elijah Wood as a six inch tall rag doll in a steam punk universe? Franklyn? 9? Coraline?
8. Which Star Trek film is the first and only title in the franchise to not receive a full worldwide cinematic release (going direct to video) due to poor early reviews and box office sales? V: The Final Frontier? XI: Insurrection? X: Nemesis?
STAR TREK V
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The city shines brightest at night”? Friday Night Lights? Bringing Out The Dead? Nightcrawler?
10. Monstro is the name of the whale in Pinocchio. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mr Turner / The Last Samurai / Vanilla Sky / Hamlet
Poster: Chicken Run
Actor: Timothy Spall