[13 January 2019]
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Requiem For A Dream is an adaptation of which novel?
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
2. Which Disney animated film is about a young elephant with large ears?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “He taught him the secret to karate lies in the mind and heart, not in the hands”?
THE KARATE KID
4. Who played the title role in 2013’s The Great Gatsby?
5. What is the title of the 2016 film wherein Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner make first contact with an alien race?
6. The following quote is from which film, “If it bleeds, we can kill it”?
7. Across The Universe is a musical that runs through the sixties to the songs of which British band?
8. Ghostbusters 2 was released in which year?
9. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis starred in which comedy trilogy?
10. What is the title of Hades’ minions in the 1997 film, Hercules? (one point per correct answer)
PAIN / PANIC
ROUND II: Filming [Songs Written For Films]
1. Rocky III / 1982 / Survivor
2. Toy Story / 1995 / Randy Newman
3. The Breakfast Club / 1985 / Simple Minds
4. Despicable Me 2 / 2013 / Pharrell Williams
5. Top Gun / 1986 / Kenny Loggins
6. Dangerous Minds / 1995 / Coolio feat L.V.
7. Licence To Kill / 1989 / Gladys Knight
8. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World / 2010 / Beck and Nigel Godrich
9. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome / 1985 / Tina Turner
10. Selma / 2014 / John Legend and Common
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “The rage, vengeance, anger, loss, regret, they’re all tremendous motivators. They truly clear the mind. So, I’m good to go”?
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
2. What is the title of the dystopian science fiction film where a life expectancy clock is used as currency, starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried?
3. The Big Short was released in which year?
4. Which 2010 film won best picture at the 2011 Academy Awards?
THE KING’S SPEECH
5. In which film is Cary Grant iconically chased by crop duster while waiting at a bus-stop outside of Chicago?
NORTH BY NORTHWEST
6. Which two actors co-played the lead role in Looper? (one point per correct answer)
JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT / BRUCE WILLIS
7. What is the US title for Zootropolis?
8. In which film does Matt Damon play Mark Watney?
9. What is the name of the Princess in Brave?
MERIDA OF DUNBROCH
10. The following quote is from which film, “That’s how we’re going to win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love”?
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII – THE LAST JEDI
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who directed the 1972 version of Solaris? Kirill Serebrennikov? Aleksei Yuryevich German? Andrei Tarkovsky?
2. According to the prologue for Wonder Woman what is the name of the weapon left to the Amazons? Earth-Shaker? God-Killer? World-Ender?
3. Who played the role of Count de Rochefort in 1973’s The Three Musketeers? Christopher Lee? Charlton Heston? Richard Dreyfuss?
4. Which instalment in the Transformers franchise is Dark Of The Moon? Second? Third? Fourth?
5. Which of the following did not appear in 2012’s Les Misérables? Sacha Baron Cohen? Eddie Redmayne? Geoffrey Rush?
6. What is Rashomon in the 1950 film of the same name? A city gate? A type of sword? A tribunal system?
A CITY GATE
7. Which of the following is not a found-footage/POV film? Chronicle? Orphan? Troll Hunter?
8. Which Steven Soderbergh film was released in 2011? The Limey? Unsane? Contagion?
9. Who directed The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button? Paul Thomas Anderson? Gus Van Sant? David Fincher?
10. The premiere for Martin Scorsese’s Silence was held at the Vatican. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Schindler’s List / Kingdom Of Heaven / Taken 2 / Batman Begins
Actor: Liam Neeson