[02 December 2018]
The Departed Wolf Of New York On Aviator Island
Genre – All bases covered
Gang Bangs Of New York
Genre – Leo DiCaprio navigates the underbelly of 19th century New York, getting into hilarious sexual escapades looking for Willy the Butcher
Two Distinguishable Strangers
Genre – Erotic thriller
Genre – Comedy
Street Shiter III
Genre – Reasonable sequel
The Wolf Of St Stephen’s Street
Genre – A man descends into a hell of hard partying after buying Playstations from Argos and selling them to CEX for profit
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Ben Stiller first played Derek Zoolander in which film?
2. What colour is Shrek?
3. In which film did Charlton Heston play Moses?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
4. Who directed True Lies?
5. A Good Year, Les Miserables and Gladiator all featured which actor?
6. In Aladdin, Jafar’s staff depicts the head of which animal?
7. Ethan Hunt is the main character in which film series?
8. Who are the two lead characters in The Notebook played by? (one point per correct answer)
RYAN GOSLING / RACHEL MCADAMS
9. Which actor has played Moses, Batman, Doc Holliday and Jim Morrison?
10. American Beauty was released in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [DiCaprio/Scorsese Special]
1. What is the name of Leonardo DiCaprio’s character in The Wolf Of Wall Street? Patrick Denham? Donnie Azoff? Jordan Belfort?
2. The Departed was released in which year? 2002? 2006? 2010?
3. Who plays Leonardo DiCaprio’s character’s father in Gangs Of New York? Brendan Gleeson? Liam Neeson? Jim Broadbent?
4. Which of the following did not appear in Shutter Island? Mark Ruffalo? Max Von Sydow? Michael Caine?
5. Who composed the score for Gangs Of New York? Marco Beltrami? Trevor Rabin? Howard Shore?
6. Which actress does Gwen Stefani portray in The Aviator? Mae West? Fay Wray? Jean Harlow?
7. Which of the following made the most at the box office? The Aviator? Gangs Of New York? The Wolf Of Wall Street?
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET (TWOWS $395mil, TA $215mil, GONY $195mil)
8. Who kills Colin Sullivan at the end of The Departed? Captain Ellerby? Billy Costigan? Sean Dignam?
9. What is the last line Howard Hughes repeats at the end of The Aviator? We’ll remember in future? The way of the future? Look ahead to the future?
THE WAY OF THE FUTURE
10. Shutter Island and the novel its based on were named thusly because of the anagram it forms. True or False?
TRUE (Truths And Lies)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Reservoir Dogs, the six criminals are given aliases. Name them. (one point per correct answer)
WHITE / ORANGE / PINK / BLONDE / BROWN / BLUE
2. The following quote is from which film, “It’s money and adventure and fame. It’s the thrill of a lifetime and a long sea voyage that starts at six o’clock tomorrow morning”?
3. The following is the poster tagline from which film: “The new hero from the creators of Jaws and Star Wars”?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
4. Dr. Frederick Chilton is the head of a psychiatric facility for the criminally insane in which film?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
5. What was George Clooney’s first voice acting role?
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT
6. What is the name of John Hammond’s genetic engineering company in the first three Jurassic Park films? [bonus point for naming the company that became the sole proprietor as of Jurassic World]
IN-GEN [Masrani Corporation]
7. What is the title of the 7th James Bond film?
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
8. Of the many celebrities Forrest Gump meets, who is the first?
9. Only one of the cast members appears on the poster for Scream, which one is it?
10. The Elephant Man, Rob Roy and King Ralph all starred which actor?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following films was not scored by Hans Zimmer? Look Who’s Talking? Cool Runnings? Thunderbirds?
LOOK WHO’S TALKING
2. The T-Birds is made up of how many members, in Grease? 5? 7? 8?
FIVE (Danny, Kenickie, Doody, Putzie, Sonny)
3. What is the name of the male Dalmatian in One Hundred And One Dalmatians? Bingo? Pongo? Rango?
4. Point Of No Return, starring Bridget Fonda, was a remake of which Luc Besson film? Angel-A? Nikita? The Big Blue?
5. What type of animal comes out of the board game when Judy and Peter roll a 5, in Jumanji? Mosquitos? A lion? Monkeys?
6. Who directed the 1994 release, Heavenly Creatures, starring Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey? Kenneth Branagh? Jane Champion? Peter Jackson?
7. What is the name of the title character in The Time Traveller’s Wife? Lucy? Michelle? Clare?
8. Blondie, Tuco and Angel Eyes are the lead characters in which film? The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? A Fistful Of Dollars? For A Few Dollars More?
THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
9. Which actor was the first choice for Doctor Emmett Brown in Back To The Future? Steve Martin? John Lithgow? Oliver Reed?
10. Orson Welles insisted on wearing fake noses in many of his films, most of which the role did not require it. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Matrix Revolutions / Ali / Girls Trip / Collateral
Poster: Menace II Society
Actor: Jada Pinkett Smith