HALLOWEEN EVENT SPECIAL
[21 October 2018]
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein is an adaptation of which novel? [bonus point for naming the actor who played the role of the monster]
FRANKENSTEIN [Robert De Niro]
2. What type of weapon does Miller use in Driller Killer?
3. What is the name of the killer in the Saw franchise? [bonus point for naming the killer’s actual name]
JIGSAW [John Kramer]
4. What is the title of the 1987 vampire film starring Kiefer Sutherland?
THE LOST BOYS
5. Which insect features prominently in Candyman?
6. The following quote is from which film, “If you hang up on me, you’ll die just like your mother. Do you wanna die Sidney? Your mother sure didn’t”?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “In October of 1994 three student filmmakers disappeared in the woods near Burkittsville Maryland, while shooting a documentary. A year later their footage was found”?
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
8. Sleepy Hollow was released in which year?
9. Which horror film did Peter Jackson direct in 1996, starring Michael J Fox?
10. Let Me In is the US remake of which Swedish film?
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
ROUND II: Filming [Halloween Special]
1. Norman Bates is the name of the killer in which film? The Fly? The Reanimator? Psycho?
2. Who played Carrie in the 1976 film of the same name? Patricia Clarkson? Melanie Griffith? Sissy Spacek? [bonus point for naming who played the role in the 2013 remake]
SISSY SPACEK [Chloe Grace Moretz]
3. What is the name of the lead character in A Nightmare On Elm Street, played by Heather Langenkamp? Nancy? Lily? Sandy?
4. Which room is Danny told not to go in, in The Shining? 237? 350? 419?
5. Which of the following films has not won an Oscar for best makeup? The Exorcist 1973? The Fly 1986? Beetlejuice 1988?
THE EXORCIST (the category was only introduced in 1981)
6. How many films make up the Child’s Play/Chuckie series? 5? 7? 9?
7. In Interview With The Vampire Louis first meets Lestat in which year? 1634? 1791? 1856?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Since I was a little girl, I’ve always wanted in life a juke box that played nothing but Connie Francis records”? Carrie? The Craft? Paranormal Activity 3?
9. What was the subtitle of Urban Legends 2? No Tomorrow? Final Cut? Suburban Nights?
10. John Carpenter’s The Thing is one of the few Universal films that doesn’t open with the Universal logo. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the respective names of the Sanderson sisters in Hocus Pocus? (one point per correct answer)
WINIFRED / MARY / SARAH
2. What is the name of the actor who portrayed Frankenstein’s monster in the 1931 film Frankenstein?
3. What is the name of Shaun’s local pub in Shuan Of The Dead?
THE WINCHESTER TAVERN
4. What is the name of the paper boat in It?
5. What name does Regan give Pazuzu, the demon possessing her, in The Exorcist?
6. The following quote is from which film, “First of all, my dad would have voted for Obama a third time if he could have. Like, the love is so real”?
7. Of the ten Hellraiser films, how many did not feature Doug Bradley as Pinhead?
TWO (Revelations and Judgment)
8. The following ensemble of characters appeared in which film, Ben, Barbara and Harry, Helen & Karen Cooper?
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
9. House On Haunted Hill was released in which year?
10. What is the name of the killer from Friday The 13th?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of Meat Loaf’s character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Frankie? Freddie? Eddie?
2. Who directed It Follows? Ana Lily Amirpour? David Robert Mitchell? Trey Edward Shults?
DAVID ROBERT MITCHELL
3. In The Witch, Caleb’s family is made up of how many members? 5? 7? 9?
4. In which room does Lorraine see the woman who was possessed and killed her child in The Conjuring? Attic? Cellar? Bathroom?
5. Where is Damian born in The Omen? London? Paris? Rome?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, Who will survive and what will be left of them?” The Blob? The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Invasion Of The Body Snatchers?
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
7. Who is the first person to die in Halloween? Annie? Bob? Judith?
8. The remake of Poltergeist was released in which year? 2002? 2009? 2015?
9. Ginger Snaps is about which type of monster? Werewolves? Demons? Zombies?
10. Ringu is an adaptation of a book that is based on a classic Japanese ghost story which translates to The Dish Mansion At Bancho. True or False?
BOUNS MUSIC ROUND
1. Halloween – 1978 [John Carpenter]
2. Psycho – 1960 [Bernard Herrmann]
3. The Omen – 1976 [Jerry Goldsmith]
4. A Nightmare On Elm Street – 1984 [Charles Bernstein]
5. 28 Days Later – 2002 [John Murphy]
6. Get Out – 2017 [Michael Abels]
7. The Wolfman – 2010 [Danny Elfman]
8. The Thing – 1982 [Ennio Morricone]
9. Beyond The Black Rainbow – 2010 [Sinoia Caves/Jeremy Schmidt]
10. Candyman – 1992 [Philip Glass]
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Thing / Halloween (2007) / 28 Days Later / Silent Hill
Poster: The Addams Family Values
Actor: Robert Englund