[23 September 2018]
Genre – Condemnation of a pervert
Alien Vs Sexual Predator
Genre – Kevin Spacey and Bill Cosby uncover an ancient pyramid buried beneath Miramax Studios. Unbeknownst to them, the pyramid is full of aliens who they then try to have sex with
Close Encounters Of The Turd Kind
Genre – Richard Dreyfus plays Armitage Shanks, who finds himself drawn to a giant decal blockage in the New York sewers
Days Of Fiddlers Past
Genre – Christopher Plummer travels through time replacing actors of dubious moral fibre
Genre – Marlin joins a group of fish, catching sexual predators
Armageddon 2: Apple Pie, Time To Die
Genre – When a giant rotten apple appears above Boston, the CIA calls Ben Affleck and his team to drill down into its core and save us all from annihilation
The Mouse With A Clock In Its Balls
Genre – Chronological rodent mayhem
Genre – TBC
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The musical Hairspray and its 2007 cinematic adaptation are remakes of which 1988 film?
2. In Lilo & Stitch, which of the title characters is the alien? [bonus point for naming Stitch’s original designation]
STITCH [Experiment 626]
3. How many Austin Powers films have been released to date?
4. What colour is Nemo in the Pixar film, Finding Nemo? (one point per correct answer)
WHITE / ORANGE
5. Who plays both lead roles as twins in 1998’s The Parent Trap? [bonus point for naming the lead actor in the 1961 original]
LINDSAY LOHAN [Hayley Mills]
6. The following quote is from which film, “The truth is you’re the weak and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd”?
7. Which Mission: Impossible film was directed by John Woo?
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2
8. Which sport is the central focus of the 1993 coming-of-age comedy, The Sandlot?
9. What is the name of Kong’s island home in almost all iterations of King Kong?
10. Who played the role of Queen Victoria in 2009’s The Young Victoria?
ROUND II: Filming [Films on Rotten Apples]
1. Which spelling is used for the title of Terminator Genisys? Genesis? Genisys? Genysis?
2. Who played the role of Will Scarlet in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves? Eric Bana? John Cusack? Christian Slater?
3. What was the title given to Francis Ford Coppola’s director’s cut of Apocalypse Now released in 2001? Apocalypse Now Revived? Apocalypse Now Redux? Apocalypse Now Phoenix?
APOCALYPSE NOW REDUX
4. The following quote is from which film, “If he comes up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that, my guess is you’ll never hear from him again”? The Usual Suspects? All The President’s Men? John Wick 2?
THE USUAL SUSPECTS
5. What is the name of the character in Men In Black played by Vincent D’Onofrio? Earl? Enos? Edgar?
6. The pigeon lady in Home Alone 2: Lost In New York squats in the roof of which New York building? Radio City Music Hall? Carnegie Hall? Madison Square Garden?
7. What is the name of the film in which Sean Connery and Christian Slater portray fourteenth century monks solving a murder? Chateau Gourdain? The Name Of The Rose? To My Younger Self?
THE NAME OF THE ROSE
8. When Bill first meets death in Meet Joe Black, whose voice does he use? Bill’s? Bill’s father? Bill’s daughter?
9. Which DC film does not appear on Rotten Apples? Man Of Steel? Suicide Squad? Wonder Woman?
10. Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara’s characters in A Ghost Story are listed as C and M respectively. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Viggo Mortensen, Sean Penn, Al Pacino and Luis Guzman appeared together in which film?
2. Mean Girls was released in which year?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “For Harry and Lloyd, every day is a no-brainer”?
DUMB AND DUMBER
4. What is the name of the last human city in The Matrix?
5. Moulin Rogue! is told in flashback as the film opens with Christian remembering his time in Montmartre. How many years have passed between the events of the film and the opening prologue?
6. Who voices the role of Sid in the Ice Age franchise?
7. What is the name of Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s character in Kick Ass?
CHRIS D’AMICO / RED MIST
8. The following quote is from which film, “Damn it, Spock. God damn it! What you have done is betray every man on the ship”?
STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER
9. Which film featured the songs Razzle Dazzle, Funny Honey, Nowadays and I Can’t Do It Alone?
10. In which film does Ellen Page play a pregnant teenager?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many Living Dead films have been directed by George A Romero? 4? 5? 6?
SIX (Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead, Land Of The Dead, Diary Of The Dead, Survival Of The Dead)
2. What is the name of Patrick Swayze’s character in Dirty Dancing? Max Lowe? Jim Cunningham? Johnny Castle?
3. Which Bond film predominantly takes place in Czechoslovakia, Austria, Morocco and Afghanistan? The Living Daylights? Tomorrow Never Dies? For Your Eyes Only?
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
4. Which of the following actors did not appear in 2004’s Crash? Brendan Fraser? Jeffrey Wright? Keith David?
5. How many Shakespearean adaptations has Kenneth Branagh directed to date (excluding 1988’s Twelfth Night)? 5? 7? 9?
FIVE (Henry V, Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, Love’s Labour’s Lost, As You Like It)
6. John Carpenter’s Assault On Precinct 13 was released in which year? 1971? 1976? 1984?
7. Which Coen Brothers film was the first to credit both Joel and Ethan as co-directors? Fargo? The Ladykillers? True Grit? [bonus point for naming which brother was listed as sole director before then]
THE LADYKILLERS [Joel]
8. What is the name given to muggles in the United States in Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them? No-Maj? Rubes? Wizless?
9. Who replaced Keanu Reeves in Speed 2? Jason Patric? Billy Zane? Tom Everett Scott?
10. The roles of Einstein and Copernicus, Doc’s dogs in Back To The Future, were portrayed by the same dog. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Toy Story 2 / Addams Family Values / Grosse Point Blank / School Of Rock
Actor: Joan Cusack