[26 August 2018]
ALL FIVE TEAM NAMES REGRETTABLY LOST; my bad
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How many Dalmatians do George and Jane end up with at the end of One Hundred And One Dalmatians?
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
2. “Grease is the word” is the poster tagline for which film?
3. Which animation studio released Monsters Inc in 2001?
4. What is the title of the sequel to The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers?
THE LEGEND OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING
5. Which two actors played the respective title roles in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid? (one point per correct answer)
PAUL NEWMAN / ROBERT REDFORD
6. What is the title of the Jon Turtletaub film about Nicolas Cage stealing the declaration of independence?
7. Who played the role of Uncle Fester in The Addams Family and The Addams Family Values?
8. How many Scary Movie films have been released to date?
9. Who played the lead role in Enter The Dragon?
10. The following is a quote from which film, “Nobody puts Baby in the corner”?
ROUND II: Filming [Geographical Location Titles Special]
1. Which Bond film followed From Russia With Love? Goldfinger? Thunderball? Dr No?
2. Who directed 2008’s Australia? John Hillcoat? Baz Luhrmann? George Miller?
3. Munich was released in which year? 2002? 2005? 2007?
4. What type of animal is Marty, the character voiced by Chris Rock, in Madagascar? Lion? Giraffe? Zebra?
5. Who plays the lead role in the martial arts series Once Upon A Time In China? Jackie Chan? Jet Li? Donnie Yen?
JET LI (later replaced by Vincent Zhao
6. This Is England is set in which year? 1983? 1986? 1990?
7. Who directed 1984’s A Passage To India? David Lean? John Boorman? Richard Attenborough?
8. The following quote is from which film, “I’ve been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in, even in the army”? Captain America: The First Avenger? Captain America: Winter Soldier? Captain America: Civil War?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
9. How many clones of Hitler are made and adopted in The Boys From Brazil? 64? 94? 124?
10. 2016’s Train To Busan was South Korea’s first mainstream release to feature zombies. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name the three titles in Sergio Leone’s Dollar Trilogy. (one point per correct answer)
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS / FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE / THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
2. Dante is the name of the dog in which Pixar film?
3. Mark Ruffalo, Channing Tatum and Steve Carrell appeared together in which film?
4. Which of the five DCEU films is the lowest grossing to date?
5. What is the title of the film in which Viggo Mortensen played Sigmund Freud and Michael Fassbender played Carl Jung?
A DANGEROUS METHOD
6. The Castle Of Cagliostro was released in which year?
7. What is the name of the cinematic universe made up of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films?
8. The following is a quote from which film, “Yes, they do let women do some things at NASA, Mr Johnson, and it’s not because we wear skirts, it’s because we wear glasses. Have a good day”?
9. In Colossal, Gloria manifests as a kaiju in South Korea, when she walks through which area of town?
10. Which film featured Ben Stiller, Tim Robbins, Jack Black, John C Reilly, and Colin Hanks?
TENACIOUS D IN THE PICK OF DESTINY
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many of the 8 Nightmare On Elm Street films did Wes Craven direct? 1? 2? 3?
TWO (A Nightmare On Elm Street / Wes Craven’s New Nightmare)
2. Doc’s dance with Clara in Back To The Future Part III is a cover of a song by which band? ZZ Top? Aerosmith? Lynyrd Skynyrd?
3. The following quote is from which film, “You may dispense with the pleasantries commander, I am here to put you back on schedule”? Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World? The Right Stuff? Return Of The Jedi?
RETURN OF THE JEDI
4. Apocalypto is set in which contemporary country? Mexico? El Salvador? Belize?
5. Which of the following films did not feature Kevin Bacon? Planes, Trains and Automobiles? Frost/Nixon? Flatliners (2017)?
6. Which of the following did not appear in Bone Tomahawk? David Arquette? Matthew Fox? Vince Vaughn?
7. Bad Lieutenant was released in which year? 1979? 1986? 1992?
8. The Big Sick is set in which US city? Chicago? San Francisco? Atlanta?
9. What was the title of Oliver Stone’s film about George W. Bush? George? W? Bush? [bonus point for naming the actor who plays Bush]
W [Josh Brolin]
10. In addition to Bollywood, India has many nicknames for different sections of its film industry such as Tollywood, Lollywood, Dhallywood and Kariwood. True or False?
TRUE (there are around thirteen different divisions based on language, content and region)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Batman Forever / Wayne’s World 2 / E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial / 50 First Dates
Poster: Titan A.E.
Actor: Drew Barrymore