[29 July 2018]
Chips, Dips, Chains, Whips, Hicks
Genre – Corporal Hicks throws a kinky party for Ripley and the marines. The alien queen eats the food and a golden ball hovers near her as they all shout, “Get away from her you snitch”
First Team Name (The Allegations Are Untrue) / Second, Better Team Name
Genre – Meta
Carry On Casting
Genre – A film producer continually loses his stars and so must recast.. even as filming is almost over
Genre – It’s a different shark
The Mask Of Crispin Glover
Genre – The story of a man whose face gets stolen
Genre – Nanny in below average caper
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the cursed board game in Jumanji?
2. Who plays the lead role in the Die Hard franchise?
3. What is the name of the school for witchcraft and wizardry that Harry Potter attends in the franchise of the same name?
4. The following quote is from which film, “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog too”?
THE WIZARD OF OZ
5. What is the name of M’s secretary in the James Bond franchise?
MISS (EVE/JANE) MONEYPENNY
6. Which Disney animated film was released in 1992?
7. What animal is Kaa in The Jungle Book?
8. Comic duo Stan & Ollie were more commonly known by which alias?
LAUREL AND HARDY
9. Which playwright does Johnny Depp portray in Finding Neverland?
10. Which film franchise features Sylvester Stallone in each of its eight instalments?
ROUND II: Filming [Actors recast at the last minute Special]
1. Who was originally cast in the title role in Django Unchained? Cuba Gooding Jr? Idris Elba? Will Smith?
2. How many Shrek films have been released to date (excluding spin-offs and shorts)? 3? 4? 5?
3. Raiders Of The Lost Ark was released in which year? 1981? 1983? 1985?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Have you ever been in a situation where you knew you had to act in a certain way but when you got there you didn’t know if you could go through with it”? Minority Report? Back To The Future? Wall Street?
BACK TO THE FUTURE
5. Which character did not appear in X-Men? Pyro? Jubilee? Leech?
6. Which of the following appears on the ATM in American Psycho? Insufficient funds? Feed me a stray cat? This isn’t real, you know?
FEED ME A STRAY CAT
7. Excluding the 9 ring-wraiths, how many characters feature on The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring theatrical release poster? 11? 14? 18?
ELEVEN (Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Arwen, Galadriel, Legolas, Boromir, Gimli, Samwise, Pippin, Merry)
8. Who was set to play the lead role in 50/50 before Joseph Gordon-Levitt was cast? James McAvoy? Cillian Murphy? Tom Hardy?
9. What was the last word in the poster tagline for The Godfather Part III, “All the power on earth can’t change..”? Destiny? Family? History?
10. The highest grossing film of every year since 2002 has been a sequel or prequel. True or False?
FALSE (2009 and 2013 weren’t)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the title of the 1999 British independent film about the drug and club scene starring John Simm?
2. Which film did Christian Bale win an Oscar for?
3. What does Steve McQueen have tattooed on his chest in Papillon?
BUTTERFLY (which is Papillon in French)
4. The following quote is from which film, “He punched the highlights out of her hair”?
SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD
5. Which hand does Luke Skywalker lose in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back?
6. The Golden Bear prize is awarded at which film festival?
INTERNATIONALE FILMFESTSPIELE BERLIN
7. Which actor appeared in JFK, True Romance, The Dark Knight Rises and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes?
8. What did Joss Whedon direct in between The Avengers and Avengers: Age Of Ultron?
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (also the Captain America: Winter Soldier post credits scene)
9. Who plays the role of King Charles II in The Libertine?
10. Casablanca was released in which year?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of Master Shifu’s elite group in Kung Fu Panda? Martial Warriors? Action Team Go? Furious Five?
2. Which musketeer was portrayed by Oliver Reed in 1973’s The Three Musketeers? Aramis? Athos? Porthos?
3. The following quote is from which film, “Every man has a price which he is willing to accept. Even for that which he hopes never to sell”? Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest? POTC: At World’s End? POTC: On Stranger Tides?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST
4. Which of the following did not appear in Paul Feig’s Bridesmaids? Terry Crews? Anna Kendrick? Matt Lucas?
5. Which film was the first to be dubbed a “summer blockbuster”? The Sting? Jaws? Star Wars?
6. Who directed The Exorcist? George Roy Hill? William Friedkin? Franklin J Schaffner?
7. What is the name of the company that Miles Dyson works for in Terminator 2: Judgment Day? Virtucon? Sirius? Cyberdyne?
8. Who played the female lead in Top Gun? Elisabeth Shue? Valeria Golino? Kelly McGillis?
9. Grease is set in which year? 1953? 1955? 1958?
10. Cars was both Paul Newman’s final film and his highest grossing film. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Life Of Pi / Slumdog Millionaire / The Amazing Spider-Man / Jurassic World
Actor: Irrfan Khan