[01 July 2018]
Asses Of Fire 2: Ass Flame Zarathustra
Genre – Philosophical fart flames of pretension
Genre – Political drama
Genre – After Oscar the Grouch is murdered and his bin set on fire, alcoholic detective Elmo returns to the bario to crack the case. Noteworthy for the infamous Big Bird water-boarding scene
Backdraft 2: Firefarter
Genre – The crew learn the real meaning of a draft from the back.. side, as they face off against a flatulent arsonist
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Darren Aronofsky’s Noah tells the story of which biblical character?
2. Who directed Jaws?
3. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet first appeared together in which film?
4. What is the name of Orlando Bloom’s character in the Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise?
5. Who played the lead role in Chinatown?
6. Which Kevin Costner film is set in a dystopian future where the polar ice caps melted and covered the earth in water?
7. What is the title of the cold war submarine action thriller starring Alec Baldwin and Sean Connery?
THE HUNT FOR THE RED OCTOBER
8. Troy is an adaptation of which classic poem?
9. The Perfect Storm, starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg, was released in which year?
10. What is the full title of Stanley Kubrick’s Dr Strangelove?
DR STRANGELOVE OR: HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB
ROUND II: Filming [Fire Special]
1. What is the title of the sequel to Pixar’s Planes? Planes: Supersonic? Planes: Air Police? Planes: Fire And Rescue?
PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE
2. Which X-Men film opened with a scene featuring Nightcrawler? Logan? X-Men: Apocalypse? X2?
3. The Towering Inferno was released in which year? 1974? 1979? 1983?
4. Man On Fire is set in which country? USA? Mexico? Brazil?
5. Who directed 2017’s Free Fire? Martin McDonagh? Edgar Wright? Ben Wheatley?
6. Who plays the role of Kurt Russell’s character’s father in flashback in Backdraft? Robert De Niro? Donald Sutherland? Kurt Russell?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I have come to love that little tap of the fingernail against the syringe. Tap, tap, tap.”? Trainspotting? Hannibal? The English Patient?
THE ENGLISH PATIENT
8. The majority of Reign Of Fire is set in which year? 2018? 2020? 2023?
9. Which of the following did not appear in 1987’s Roxanne? Shelley Duvall? Damon Wayans? Lance Henriksen?
10. Christopher Lee appeared in The Wicker Man for free. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Journey To The Centre Of The Earth was released in which year?
1959 (ignoring the 1988 and 2008 versions)
2. Bruce Willis played the role of Harry S Stamper in which film?
3. What did Steven Spielberg direct in 1977?
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
4. Which Roger Donaldson directed disaster film came out in 1997 in direct competition with Volcano?
5. Who played the lead role in The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill And Came Down A Mountain?
6. The following quote is from which film, “Oh here he comes. Well, here I come. Hello John. Say hello.”?
7. What is Lawrence Of Arabia’s runtime?
222 MINUTES (3hrs 42mins)
8. Which film depicts a series of earthquakes hitting California, interrupting a LA fire rescue pilot’s holiday with his daughter to San Francisco?
9. Tremors was released in which year?
10. In which film does Ryan Reynolds play Paul Conroy, a kidnapped American truck driver working in Iraq?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which character does Dorothy meet first in The Wizard Of Oz? The Tin Man? The Scarecrow? The Cowardly Lion?
2. Flight Of The Phoenix is set in which North African country? Libya? Morocco? Algeria?
3. What is the name of Woody’s horse in Toy Story 2? Silver? Bullseye? Sandy?
4. At the start of The Wind That Shakes The Barley, Damien O’Donovan is set to leave Ireland to work as what? Doctor? Sailor? Barrister?
5. The following quote is from which film, “In a severe lightning storm, you want to grab your ankles and stick your butt in the air”? Twister? Flubber? Geostorm?
6. Studio Ghibli’s The Wind Rises was released in Japan in 2013. What year was it released in the west? 2014? 2016? 2017?
7. 1981’s Gallipoli follows young soldiers fighting for which nation during World War I? Australia? Canada? Great Britain?
8. Which of the following appeared in Rear Window? Ingrid Bergman? Tippi Hedren? Grace Kelly?
9. Who directed Blow, Life and Beautiful Girls? Mathieu Kassovitz? Ted Demme? David Dobkin?
10. The first teaser trailer for Star Wars was voiced by William Shatner. True or False?
FALSE (although it does sound a lot like him)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Social Network / Batman v Superman / Now You See Me 2 / The Double
Actor: Jesse Eisenberg