[03 June 2018]
Dial V For Vagina
Genre – Hitchcockian thriller starring Vin Diesel, Val Kilmer and Vanessa Redgrave abusing touch tone phones
V For Vertical Vertigo Valerian Root Limit
Genre – James Stewart cures insomnia with valerian root from Everest
Victorious Vengeance Of A Veritable Variety Of Vicious Virgin Vixens On A Vacation In Vancouver
Genre – Documentary
Genre – “It’s our first time, please be our friends”
Just Ronin (From Dinosaurs)
Genre – Japanese lapsed Samurai/prehistoric action mash-up
Genre – Haberdashery comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the feature-length Simpsons movie?
THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
2. Who directed Saving Private Ryan?
3. Who plays the role of Doc Brown in Back To The Future?
4. The second Die Hard is set in what kind of building?
5. How many emotions are working the controls in Riley’s head in Inside Out?
6. What is the subtitle of the sequel to Speed?
7. Which Star Wars film first featured the character Darth Maul?
STAR WARS: EPISODE I – THE PHANTOM MENACE
8. What is the name of Will Smith’s character in Men In Black?
9. What was the name of the film adaptation of the TV series Firefly, directed by Joss Whedon?
10. Which actor has played the roles of Reggie Kray, Max Rockatansky and Bane?
ROUND II: Filming [Films Beginning With V Special]
1. V For Vendetta is set in which city? New York? Paris? London?
2. Which of the following characters does Van Helsing not fight in the 2004 action film Van Helsing? Mr Hyde? The Wolf Man? The Mummy?
3. Which of the following films is a remake? Vanilla Sky? Valentine’s Day? Vacancy?
4. A Very Long Engagement is set during which military conflict? US Civil War? World War I? World War II?
WORLD WAR I
5. Varsity Blues, the high school football comedy drama starring James Van Der Beek, Paul Walker and Jon Voight, was released in which year? 1993? 1996? 1999?
6. Which of the following does not appear in M Night Shyamalan’s The Village? Jesse Eisenberg? Brendan Gleeson? James McAvoy?
7. What is John Ferguson’s (played by Jimmy Stewart) nickname in Vertigo? Scottie? Randy? Alfie?
8. Who directed Vera Drake? Ken Loach? Anthony Minghella? Mike Leigh?
9. What was the poster tagline for the 1960 film Village Of The Damned? Beware the stare that will paralyse the will of the world? Run, hide, you cannot escape the might and power of these cursed children? Dare you visit?
BEWARE THE STARE THAT WILL PARALYSE THE WILL OF THE WORLD
10. Luc Besson wrote a six hundred page book on the two hundred different alien races created for Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets and asked actors to read it so they would know who or what they were interacting with. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name all the crew members of the Jupiter II in Lost In Space (one point per correct answer)
JOHN ROBINSON / MAUREEN R / JUDY R / PENNY R / WILL R / DON WEST / ZACHARY SMITH
2. How many Species films have been cinematically released to date?
TWO (Species III and The Awakening were made-for-TV)
3. The following quote is from which film, “I have a microphone and you don’t so you will listen to ever damn word I have to say”?
THE WEDDING SINGER
4. What was the title of the 2006 remake of The Poseidon Adventure?
5. How many casinos are being simultaneously robbed in Ocean’s 11?
6. Who played the lead roles in 1998’s Practical Magic? (one point per correct answer)
SANDRA BULLOCK / NICOLE KIDMAN
7. What is the name of Liam Neeson’s gang in Gangs Of New York?
8. Who voiced the role of Ozone, a sphynx cat in The Secret Life Of Pets?
9. Who appeared in The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers, The Aviator and How To Train Your Dragon 2?
10. Gravity was released in which year?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following films was not entirely shot on 70mm film? Hamlet (1996)? The Master (2012)? Dunkirk (2017)?
DUNKIRK (which was shot on 65mm large film stock)
2. Which Planet Of The Apes prequels features the repairing of a hydroelectric dam? Rise Of The POTA? Dawn Of The POTA? War For The POTA?
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
3. Platoon was released in which year? 1981? 1986? 1990?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Now you listen to me; we all have a destiny. Things don’t just happen, it’s all part of a plan”? High Plains Drifter? Forrest Gump? Selma?
5. In Muppets Treasure Island, the role of Benjamin Gunn is portrayed by which Muppet? Fozzie Bear? Sam Eagle? Miss Piggy?
6. Which of the following accolades was not presented to Les Miserables? Golden Globe for Best Picture – Musical or Comedy? American Film Institute Top 10 Films Of The Year? Academy Award for Best Picture?
ACADEMY AWARD FOR BEST PICTURE
7. Which of the main cast on Bram Stoker’s Dracula doesn’t play multiple roles? Richard E Grant? Anthony Hopkins? Winona Ryder?
RICHARD E GRANT
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Mischief. Mayhem. Soap”? Mean Machine? Fight Club? Flushed Away?
9. What is the title of the Carry On film parodying westerns? Carry On Cowboy? Carry On Partner? Carry On Ma’am?
CARRY ON COWBOY
10. Dustin Hoffman, Vanessa Redgrave and Timothy Dalton starred in a film about Agatha Christie’s missing days. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: You’ve Got Mail / Stuart Little / Dallas Buyers Club / War For The Planet Of The Apes
Actor: Steve Zahn