[20 May 2018]
The Frozen Thing That Came In From The Cold
Genre – A lonely alien seeks warm hugs from a friendly snowman
Winters Boner… With Sexy Results
Genre – J-Law has to row to the middle of a frozen lake to saw off her dead father’s penis in order to prove he is in fact dead
Chilly Willy Bang Bang
Genre – Arnold Schwarzenegger revisits his role as Mr Freeze in this drama where his cock has frozen and the only to thaw it out is to fly around in a magic car shouting ice-based puns until laughter unfreezes it.. or something
Let’s Kick Some Ice
Genre – Pun-based action comedy
Genre – Spy comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the U-boat that Lt Andrew Tyler commandeers in U-571?
2. How many National Treasure films (starring Nicolas Cage) have been released to date?
3. What is Thor’s weapon of choice in the MCU films?
HAMMER / MJOLNIR
4. Rey, Kylo Ren and Han Solo are characters in which film?
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII – THE FORCE AWAKENS
5. What is the name of the future leader of the resistance in the Terminator franchise?
6. What was the title of Daniel Craig’s first James Bond film?
7. Which film followed Jurassic Park III in the Jurassic Park franchise?
8. Who played the title role in Laurence Of Arabia?
9. What is the name of Bill and Ted’s band in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
10. Who directed Rear Window?
ROUND II: Filming [Freezing Cold Special]
***9000th Question Asked!!***:
1. Manny, Sid and Diego are the main characters in which animated franchise? Shrek? The Smurfs? Ice Age?
2. What is the title of the Liam Neeson film about oil workers suffering a plane crash and hunted by wolves? The Night? The Hunt? The Grey?
3. The Day After Tomorrow was released in which year? 2002? 2004? 2006?
4. What is the name of Frances McDormand’s character in Fargo? Molly Solverson? Marge Gunderson? Peggy Blumquist?
5. Which of the following did not appear in Alive? Christian Slater? Ethan Hawke? John Malkovich?
6. Who directed Doctor Zhivago? Richard Attenborough? David Lean? Robert Wise?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I’m the kind of man who likes to know who’s buying their drinks”? Groundhog Day? Mystery, Alaska? The Shining?
8. Which Charlie Chaplin film predominantly takes place in a cabin during a blizzard? Limelight? The Gold Rush? The Circus?
THE GOLD RUSH
9. Who directed Dersu Uzala, a 1975 film about Russian wilderness explorer Vladimir Arsenyev? Alfred Hitchcock? Ingmar Bergman? Akira Kurosawa?
10. In China, Disney’s Frozen is called Mo Syut Kei Yun, which translates from Cantonese to Enchanted Snow Tales. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film featured Demi Moore, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Kevin Pollack and Jack Nicholson?
A FEW GOOD MEN
2. Which Disney animated feature was released in 1997?
3. What is the number printed on Herbie’s bonnet in The Love Bug?
4. Jim Carrey played the role of Stanley Ipkiss in which film?
5. 13 Going On 30, starring Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo was released in which year?
6. Which Mission: Impossible film features a scene that takes place in the Kremlin?
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – GHOST PROTOCOL
7. What is the name of Wade Wilson’s girlfriend in Deadpool?
8. Who worked as producer on E.T., Arachnophobia, Jurassic Park and Rogue One?
9. What did Christopher Nolan direct in 2000?
10. Who appeared in Chaplin, Nixon, Contact, John Carpenter’s Vampires and Scary Movie 2?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Complete the lyrics for this Jungle Book song, “By the ranks or single file, over every jungle mile, oh we stomp and crush through the underbrush…” Of this there can be no denial? In a military style? Using our cunning and guile?
IN A MILITARY STYLE
2. What was the title of James Gunn’s directorial debut? Slimmer? Super? Slither?
3. Henry Hill, Karen Hill, James Conway and Tommy DeVito are the lead characters in which film? Scarface? Once Upon A Time In America? Goodfellas?
4. Which of the following films did not feature Robert Downey Jnr? Weird Science? Richard III? Ant-Man?
5. Who directed The Three Amigos? Harold Ramis? John Landis? Mel Brooks?
6. Which of the following has never played a king? Colin Farrell? Steve Coogan? John Goodman?
STEVE COOGAN (Colin Farrell – Alexander The Great / John Goodman – King Ralph)
7. What is the name of Tom Cruise’s character in Top Gun? Nick Bradshaw? Pete Mitchell? Sam Wells?
PETE “MAVERICK” MITCHELL
8. The following quote is from which film, “Most of the miseries of the world were caused by wars and when they were over, no one ever knew what they were about”? The Hurt Locker? Spartacus? Gone With The Wind?
GONE WITH THE WIND
9. Which instalment of The Godfather trilogy made the most at the box office? The Godfather? The Godfather Part II? The Godfather Part III?
THE GODFATHER (The Godfather $245mil / The Godfather Part II $193mil / The Godfather Part III $136mil)
10. In Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, there was a scene which depicted Johnny Depp’s character shaving William H Macy’s head. However it was not in the final film because the footage was lost in transit and there wasn’t adequate time for Macy’s hair to grow back for a reshoot. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Cape Fear / Hulk / Tropic Thunder / Noah
Poster: 48 Hrs
Actor: Nick Nolte