[06 May 2018]
X-Men: The Last Stand-Up
Genre – Lovely Hugh Jackman stabs Brett Ratner before he can tell any more obnoxious sexist jokes
What Andy Kaufman Did On Father’s Day
Genre – Andy visits his father and learns the value of banana skins
The Last Stand Up
Genre – Action comedy
Truth Or Dare (To Win This Quiz)
Genre – Horror(bly bad at quizzes)
Bring Me The Head Of Michael Macintyre
Genre – Both a gritty drama and an actual request
Dumb, Dumber & Even Dumber
Genre – Comedy horror
The Punvengers: Comedy War
Genre – The world’s greatest stand-up comedians fight to end bad puns and sarcasm, the lowest form of wit and source of all evil
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Saying what word three times conjures Michael Keaton’s character in Beetlejuice?
BETELGEUSE / BEETLEJUICE
2. What is the title of the sequel to Now You See Me?
NOW YOU SEE ME 2
3. The animated feature, Anastasia, is set in which country?
4. What colour is Alice’s dress in Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland?
5. Heath Ledger played William Thatcher in which medieval action film?
A KNIGHT’S TALE
6. Who played the respective lead roles in The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur and Planet Of The Apes?
7. Which animal stalks Black Lake in 1999’s Lake Placid?
8. Guy Ritchie directed Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill in which adaptation of a 1960s TV show?
THE MAN FROM UNCLE
9. Name the two lead actors in 2013’s R.I.P.D. (one point per correct answer)
RYAN REYNOLDS / JEFF BRIDGES
10. How many Cloverfield films have been released to date?
ROUND II: Filming [Films With Stand Up Comedians Special]
1. [Jerry Seinfeld] What was the name of the animated film starring and written by Jerry Seinfeld? Antz? A Bug’s Life? Bee Movie?
2. [Richard Pryor] Which Superman film features the villain Ross Webster? Superman III? Superman IV: The Quest For Peace? Superman Returns?
3. [Rodney Dangerfield] Who directed Caddyshack? Ivan Reitman? Harold Ramis? James L Brooks?
4. [Whoopi Goldberg] Ghost was released in which year? 1988? 1990? 1992?
5. [Eddie Izzard] Which of the following actors did not appear in Valkyrie? Joseph Fiennes? Bill Nighy? Kenneth Branagh?
6. [Steve Martin] Steve Martin’s first lead feature role was in which film? The Jerk? The Man With Two Brains? Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid?
7. [George Carlin] How many films feature in the Cars cinematic franchise? 5? 6? 7?
FIVE (Cars / Cars 2 / Cars 3 / Planes / Planes: Fire And Rescue)
8. [Robin Williams] The following quote is from which film, “Listen, I’d love to chat but I gotta climb a drainpipe right now”? Mrs Doubtfire? Flubber? Hook?
9. [Eddie Murphy] In Coming To America, Eddie Murphy plays Akeem, the crown prince of which fictional African nation? Nibia? Zamunda? Nambutu?
ZAMUNDA (Nibia – Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls / Nambutu – Casino Royale)
10. [Lee Evans] In The Fifth Element, the voice of Finger, Korben Dallas’ old army buddy, was voiced by Vin Diesel. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film starred Jessica Chastain, Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong, Kyle Chandler, Chris Pratt and James Gandolfini?
ZERO DARK THIRTY
2. Who directed the 1986 film, She’s Gotta Have It?
3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding was released in which year?
4. The following quote is from which film, “This house is clean”?
5. Which country (federal constitutional monarchy) is Chuck flying to when the plane goes down in Cast Away?
6. Name the two lead actors in 1973’s The Sting (one point per correct answer)
PAUL NEWMAN / ROBERT REDFORD
7. In which film do Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, Jamie Bell and George MacKay play brothers?
8. What did Christian Bale appear in in between A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Shaft?
9. What is the title of the pseudo-sequel to Knocked Up?
THIS IS 40
10. Who played the lead role in David Fincher’s The Game?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played the antagonist, Pascal Edward Sauvage in Johnny English? Dominic West? John Malkovich? Jean Reno?
2. Which Fast And Furious film features a heist scene with a giant vault being dragged through the streets of Rio de Janeiro? 2 Fast 2 Furious? Fast Five? Furious 7?
3. What did Tony Scott direct in between Spy Game and Domino? Man On Fire? Deja Vu? Out Of Time?
MAN ON FIRE
4. Which of the following did not appear in 2014 comedy Say When (or Laggies) starring Keira Knightly? Chloe Grace Moretz? Sam Rockwell? Cillian Murphy?
5. What is the name of Damien’s nanny in The Omen? Miss Frye? Mrs Baylock? Mrs Drake?
6. The following quote is from which film, “You’re nothing, you’re nobody, you’re a stupid dream. Well all dreams come to an end”? Vanilla Sky? Mulholland Drive? Total Recall?
7. Which studio produced/distributed Jaws? 20th Century Fox? Universal? Paramount?
8. The Angry Birds Movie was made on a budget of $73 million dollars. How much did it make at the box office? $75mil? 350mil? $700mil?
$350mil ($352.3 million)
9. A Fistful Of Dollars was released in which year? 1960? 1964? 1968?
10. The scenes set in Denmark, in Out Of Africa, were filmed in Norfolk. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: War For The Planet Of The Apes / Anger Management / No Country For Old Men / The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Poster: Natural Born Killers
Actor: Woody Harrelson