[11 March 2018]
The Boogie Knights
Genre – Who, with deft skill, whip their blades of glory through the competition, resulting in the swift kicking of their roller balls
Genre – Spy movie where James Bond and his accomplice Ovya Lation hunt mysterious villain, Edmund Rolled-Finger
The Skateful Eight
Genre – Rollerblade western
Reels On Wheels
Genre – Something clever about Jackie Chan and film stock.. maybe boobs
Call Us By Your Team Name
Genre – A heart-warming romance between quiz show host Sandi Toksvig and Peaches Geldof (RIP)
The Funky Monkey Rollerboyz
Genre – Apes get skates
Genre – John Travolta thinks about going roller skating, decides not to. Roll credits
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which character did Robin Williams play in the live-action adaption of Popeye?
2. In The Revenant, Leonardo DiCaprio’s character is attacked by which animal?
3. Who played the lead role in Seven Years In Tibet?
4. The following songs feature in which film: I dreamed a dream, Look down and Stars?
5. Which monster/character runs the eponymous hotel in Hotel Transylvania?
6. Horrible Bosses was released in which year?
7. Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, Liev Schreiber and Michael Keaton appeared in which film?
8. Rain Man was released in which year?
9. Mel Gibson voiced the role of Rocky Rhodes in which film?
10. Who played the title role in Robin Hood: Men In Tights?
ROUND II: Filming [Roller Skating Special]
1. What is the name of Heather Graham’s character in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Boogie Nights? Amber Waves? Becky Banana? Rollergirl?
2. Which of the cast of Whip It also served as its director? Kristen Wiig? Drew Barrymore? Marcia Gay Harden?
3. Rollerball (starring James Caan) was released in which year? 1970? 1975? 1980? [bonus point for naming the year of the remake starring Chris Klein, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and LL Cool J]
4. Which of the following did not appear in American Graffiti? Richard Dreyfuss? John Belushi? Harrison Ford?
5. Which of the following animated films features two characters going on a date with pizza and roller-skating? Trolls? The Emoji Movie? Despicable Me 2?
6. In The Thing, how long does Norris estimate the spaceship has been buried? 10,000 years? 100,000 years? 1,000,000?
ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS
7. Where does the Tramp work at the start of Modern Times? A bar? A florist? A factory?
8. What is the name of the 1980 feature about a roller-disco nightclub starring Olivia Newton John? Koyaanisqatsi? Xanadu? Zardoz?
9. Which Gene Kelly directed film suffered at the box office for being an unconventional “cynical musical”? Guys And Dolls? An American In Paris? It’s Always Fair Weather?
IT’S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER
10. Seeing people picketing outside a screening for Dogma, director Kevin Smith made signs and joined the protest, claiming it was blasphemous. True or False?
TRUE (he was interviewed by News 12 New Jersey he denied his identity)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. To date, how many Oscars has John Williams been nominated for?
2. In Approaching The Unknown, Mark Strong plays an astronaut on a solo mission to which planet?
3. Charlie Hunnam, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska all appeared in which film?
4. In 50/50, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s character is diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in which part of his body?
5. Who directed The Nice Guys?
6. Gone Baby Gone is set in which US city?
7. The remake of Annie, starring Quvenzhane Wallis and Jamie Foxx, was released in which year?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Hitler’s a nut on the subject, he’s crazy. He’s obsessed with the occult. And right now, apparently, there’s some kind of German archaeological dig going on in the desert outside of Cairo”?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
9. What is the name of the character that dumps the pig’s blood on Carrie in the film of the same name? [bonus point for naming the actress who portrays her]
CHRIS HARGENSEN [Nancy Allen]
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “No shield, no armour, no problem”?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not appear in Selma? Oprah Winfrey? Cuba Gooding Jr? Danny Glover?
2. In which country does Lili undertake her gender reassignment surgery, in The Danish Girl? France? Germany? Austria?
3. What is the name of Will Ferrell’s character in Stranger Than Fiction? Harold Crick? Jonathan Barker? Bill Dapple?
4. Richard Burton appeared in The Spy Who Came In From The Cold in which year? 1965? 1971? 1980?
5. Who played the lead role in 1988’s Married To The Mob? Bette Midler? Diane Keaton? Michelle Pfeiffer?
6. Remains Of The Day was released in which year? 1990? 1993? 1995?
7. What is Anthony Belrose’s (played by Hugo Weaving) drag pseudonym in The Adventures Of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert? Ophelia Dujour? Mitzi Del Bra? Trixi Van Lash?
MITZI DEL BRA
8. Which of the following films made the most at the box office? The Borrowers (1997)? Honey, I Shrunk The Kids (1989)? Innerspace (1987)?
HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS (Honey $222.7mil / Borrowers $54mil / Innerspace $25mil)
9. What is the name of the La Cage Aux Folles remake starring Robin Williams, Gene Hackman, Dianne Wiest and Nathan Lane? Birds Of A Feather? The Bird House? The Birdcage?
10. Seeing the first rough cut of The Thomas Crown Affair was five hours long, composer Michel Legrand wrote 90 minute of music which the film was then recut to. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Animal House / Flatliners / Mystic River / Frost/Nixon
Poster: Friday The 13th
Actor: Kevin Bacon