[28 January 2018]
Genre – Eddie and Ritchie open up a hotel on Alcatraz which is then overrun by terrorists. Seemingly outnumbered, help comes from an unlikely ally – Spongebob (voiced by Sean Connery)
The Elm Street Posse
Genre – In a parallel universe, Norfolk’s finest (Horatio Nelson, Stephen Fry and Delia Smith) team up to become the first Norfolk based wrestling troupe and become world champions with their signature move: the full nelson
Stone Cold Steve Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery
Genre – Steven Austin is frozen in 1999 and defrosted in 2109 to fight a fem’bot’inist
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Genre – The new biopic of Dwayne The Rock Johnson
Genre – Another sexist remake
Blade Runner 2069
Genre – SciFi
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Dances With Wolves was adapted from which book by Michael Blake?
DANCES WITH WOLVES
2. What is the title of the sequel to Alien?
3. How many Godfather films were made?
4. What is the name of the villain in The Little Mermaid?
5. Who directed Lock, Stock & Two Smokin’ Barrels?
6. What did M Night Shyamalan direct in between The Sixth Sense and Signs?
7. What colour is Leonardo’s mask in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
8. Which 1992 western starred Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman?
9. What is the name of the tiger-shaped cave in Aladdin?
THE CAVE OF WONDERS
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Mankind was born on Earth, it wasn’t meant to die here”
ROUND II: Filming [Wrestlers Special]
1. [Ernest The Cat Miller] Who played the lead role in The Wrestler? John Cena? Sylvester Stallone? Mickey Rourke? [bonus point for naming who was originally cast in the lead role]
MICKEY ROURKE [Nicolas Cage]
2. [Tyler Mane/Big Sky] X-Men was released in which year? 1999? 2000? 2001?
3. [Kevin Nash] Who directed Magic Mike? Steven Soderbergh? Michael Mann? Richard Linklater?
4. [Hulk Hogan] Hulk Hogan appeared in which instalment of the Rocky franchise? Rocky II? Rocky III? Creed?
5. [Jerry The King Lawler] 1999’s Man On The Moon, starring Jim Carrey is a biopic about which actor? Andy Kaufman? Bill Hicks? John Belushi?
6. [Jesse Ventura] The following quote is from which Arnold Schwarzenegger film, “I live to see you eat that contract. But I hope you leave room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your goddamn spine”? Predator? The Running Man? Eraser?
THE RUNNING MAN
7. [Macho Man Randy Savage] What colour are the eyes on Green Goblin’s helmet in Spider-Man? White? Yellow? Red?
8. [The Big Show] What did Adam Sandler star in (lead role), in between The Wedding Singer and Big Daddy? The Waterboy? Bulletproof? Little Nicky?
9. [Terry Funk] In Roadhouse, what is the specialised title given to the kind of bouncer that Patrick Swayze’s character is? Breaker? Blocker? Cooler?
10. [Dave Batista] The Man With The Iron Fists was originally a sequel to the video game, Wu Tang: Shaolin Style. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Frances Halladay is the lead character in which film?
2. The following quote is from which film, “I’d like you to tell me that you are and have been a false prophet and that God is a superstition”?
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
3. In which film is a Speak & Spell, an umbrella lined with tinfoil and a coffee can used to communicate with aliens?
E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL
4. In You’ve Got Mail, both Joe and Kathleen work for companies selling what?
5. What is the name of Kiefer Sutherland’s character in The Lost Boys?
6. Jason Clarke, Shia LeBeouf and Tom Hardy played brothers in which John Hillcoat film?
7. Excluding the theme park ride but including straight-to-DVD releases, how many Honey I Shrunk The Kids films featured Rick Moranis?
THREE (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids / Honey, I Blew Up The Kid / Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves)
8. The following quote is from which film, “This is your wakeup call. I am an FBI agent”?
9. 10 Things I Hate About You was released in which year?
10. What is Harry Hart’s (played by Colin Firth) codename in Kingsman: The Secret Service?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The story of Scarface takes place over how many years? 2? 3? 4?
2. The following quote/poster tagline is from which film, “If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That’s easy. Pez. Cherry flavour Pez. No question about it”? Stand By Me? Dazed And Confused? Super-Size Me?
STAND BY ME
3. Who directed the 2005 adaptation of Rent? David Yates? Chris Columbus? Alfonso Cuaron?
4. Which of the following was digitally added to Children Of Men? Yellow EU stars on the Union flag? The words English Telecom on the BT tower? The Shard?
5. What is the name of Scarlett O’Hara’s family cotton plantation in Gone With The Wind? Tara? Erin? Inis?
6. Who composed the score for Signs? Howard Shore? James Newton Howard? James Horner?
JAMES NEWTON HOWARD
7. In Django Unchained, what did Dr King Schultz do before becoming a bounty hunter? Taxman? Farmer? Dentist?
8. What is the name of the school in The Breakfast Club? Hughes High? North Midwestern High? Shermer High?
SHERMER HIGH SCHOOL
9. Which principal knight does Terry Jones play in Monty Python & The Holy Grail? Gawain? Bedevere? Bors?
10. Shell Cottage in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 had 4,500 individual shells glued on the roof but is only seen on film in the background of a few shots. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Misery / The Day The Earth Stood Still / Titanic / Dick Tracy
Poster: Revolutionary Road
Actor: Kathy Bates