[17 December 2017]
Charlie’s Christmas Angels
Genre – Lucy Liu and Bill Murray reconcile with the help of McG
Kramer Vs Mecha-Godzilla Vs Superman Vs Scott Pilgrim Vs Shark
Genre – Still better than Justice League
Santa Claus Vs The Martian
Genre – Father Christmas declares war on a Mars-stranded Matt Damon after he fails to leave out a glass of sherry
That ‘Gong’ Sound From Inception
Genre – Historical war drama but the generals are cats
The Salvation Army
Genre – Terminator vs the lighting gun
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In 12 Monkeys, the group supposedly responsible for releasing a deadly virus are called The Army Of The what?
2. Who plays the title role in Elf?
3. How many Walden Media Narnia films were produced between 2005 and 2010?
4. Which Gremlins film (Gremlins or its sequel) takes place at Christmas?
5. What is the name of the lead character in the Die Hard franchise?
6. Richard Attenborough and Edmund Gwenn play the same role in which 1947 Christmas film and it’s1994 remake?
MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET
7. Who directed Edward Scissorhands?
8. What is the title of the Christmas Carol adaptation starring Bill Murray?
9. Love Actually was released in which year?
10. Who played the role of Ebenezer Scrooge and the three ghosts of Christmas in Robert Zemeckis’ motion captured A Christmas Carol?
ROUND II: Filming [Acting Feuds Special]
1. [Jim Carrey/Tommy Lee Jones] Who played Batman in Batman Forever? Michael Keaton? George Clooney? Val Kilmer?
2. [Tyrese/James Franco] Annapolis is set at a training academy for which military body? Army? Navy? Airforce?
3. [Sean Young/Charlie Sheen] Wall Street was released in which year? 1983? 1985? 1987?
4. [LL Cool J/Jamie Foxx] Any Given Sunday is about which sport? American Football? Baseball? Boxing?
5. [Tom Sizemore/Val Kilmer] Who played the lead female role in Red Planet? Carrie-Anne Moss? Ashley Judd? Charlize Theron?
6. [Faye Dunaway/Roman Polanski] What was the title of the 1990 sequel to Chinatown? The Two Jakes? Forget It Jake? Chinatown 2?
THE TWO JAKES
7. [Dustin Hoffman/Meryl Streep] Kramer Vs Kramer was nominated for nine Oscars and went on to win five. Which of the following categories did it not win? Best Picture? Best Director? Best Actress?
BEST ACTRESS (though it did win best supporting actress)
8. [Debra Winger/Shirley MacLaine] Which of the following is the poster tagline for Terms Of Endearment? Life, on her terms? Some things are worth fixing? Come to laugh, come to cry, come to care, come to terms?
COME TO LAUGH, COME TO CRY, COME TO CARE, COME TO TERMS
9. [Nick Nolte/Julia Roberts] 1994’s I Love Trouble opens with what event? A train crash? A Christmas party? The Presidential election?
A TRAIN CRASH
10. [Bette Davis/Joan Crawford] When Whatever Happened To Baby Jane was first released in the UK, it’s shocking content had never been seen before and censors did not know how to classify it, so gave it an X rating. True or False?
TRUE (it’s currently rated 12)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Home Alone 1 and 2 what is Kevin’s surname?
2. Which two colours make up TurboMan’s outfit in Jingle All The Way? (one point per correct answer)
RED / GOLD
3. What does Ralphie want for Christmas in A Christmas Story?
4. What is the name of George Bailey’s younger brother in It’s A Wonderful Life?
5. Who provides the narration in The Grinch?
6. How many years passed between the release of Bad Santa and Band Santa 2?
THIRTEEN (2003 – 2016)
7. What is the name of Jack’s dog in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
8. What is the alias of the villain in Iron Man 3?
9. In The Holiday, which two actresses switch homes for Christmas? (one point per correct answer)
CAMERON DIAZ / KATE WINSLET
10. In Arthur Christmas, Arthur’s older brother takes over from his father, running the family business. What is his name? [bonus point for naming the actor who voiced the character]
STEVE [Hugh Laurie]
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played the lead role in black comedy, Krampus? Adam Scott? Ed Helms? Jason Sudeikis?
2. What is the subtitle of the third The Santa Clause film? The Escape Clause? The Mrs Clause? The Sub Clause?
THE ESCAPE CLAUSE
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was released in which year? 1985? 1989? 1992?
4. In, The Night Before, why do Isaac and Chris spend every Christmas with Ethan? Ethan’s parents died at Christmas? Ethan pays them to be his family? Ethan is their drug dealer?
HIS PARENTS DIED AT CHRISTMAS
5. 1974’s Black Christmas is often cited as the first of which genre? Black Comedy? Christmas Film? Slasher?
6. What is the title of the Steve Martin film which is an adaptation of the French play Le Pere Noel Est Une Ordure? Crazy Christmas? Gingerbread Man? Mixed Nuts?
7. Which of the following is not set at Christmas? Jurassic Park III? Jaws 4? Prometheus?
JURASSIC PARK III
8. In 2013’s All Is Bright, ex-con Paul Giamatti and his friend Paul Rudd reluctantly take on a job selling what? Christmas Trees? Turkeys? Gold-plated Santa statues?
9. James Gandolfini and Ben Affleck appeared in which Christmas film? Christmas With The Kranks? Surviving Christmas? Four Christmases?
10. Each Lethal Weapon film opens with Jingle Bell Rock over the Warner Bros logo. True or False?
FALSE (just the first film)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Jerry Maguire / Cold Mountain / Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason / Monsters Vs Aliens
Poster: Dazed And Confused
Actor: Renee Zellweger