[08 October 2017]
Genre – An Aviva rep finds the Hulk and an alien in Paris, Texas
Garmonbozia Walk With Me
Genre – The fear and sadness of living in a trailer park and never truly understanding any works of David Lynch
The Best Little Whorehouse In Paris, Texas
Genre – A whorehouse western; Harry Dean Stanton finds comfort in the bosom of Miss Parton
Escape From Paris, Texas: Back To The Old Freezerinos
Genre – Sci-fi romance
Dawn Of The Alien Christ In The Heat Of The Night
Genre – Harry Dean Stanton’s greatest hits in one movie!
Do Harrys Dean Of Electric Stantons?
Genre – A tech-punk film noir following one man’s journey to find the true Stanton among the replicants
Mother! Of Avengers
Genre – Erotic drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Diane Keaton’s character in Annie Hall?
2. Who played the title role in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln?
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
3. How many uncles does Casper have in the film of the same name?
4. Who directed Good Night, And Good Luck?
5. What is Coyote Ugly in the film of the same name?
6. Starsky & Hutch, starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson was released in which year?
7. Who played the lead role in Oliver Stone’s Alexander?
8. In An American Tail, Fievel Mousekewitz emigrates to America from which country?
9. What is the name of the film in which Adam Sandler plays Billy, a hotel industry heir who must gain a high school education in 24 weeks in order to earn his inheritance?
10. Who directed 2006’s Marie Antoinette?
ROUND II: Filming [Harry Dean Stanton Special]
1. What is the name of the sole human survivor in Alien? Ripley? Gorman? Clemens?
2. Who directed The Green Mile? Anthony Minghella? Mike Nichols? Frank Darabont?
3. Repo Man was released in which year? 1981? 1984? 1989?
4. Who played the lead role in In The Heat Of The Night? Alan Arkin? George Segal? Sidney Poitier?
5. Which member of the Avengers recruits Bruce Banner in the film of the same name? Natasha Romanoff? Clint Barton? Steve Rogers?
6. Why does Dragline dub Luke “Cool Hand Luke” in the film of the same name? Playing a poker hand and winning with a bluff? Delivering a knockout blow in a boxing match? Fighting a rattlesnake barehanded?
PLAYING A POKER HAND AND WINNING WITH A BLUFF
7. Where does Andie work in Pretty In Pink? Record store? Dress shop? Burger diner?
8. The following quote is from which film, “These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theatre of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, we like to feel we can get out of trouble quicker than we got into it”? The Eagle Has Landed? Kelly’s Heroes? The Dirty Dozen?
9. In The Last Temptation Of Christ, the voice of Satan is provided by Leo Marks. Rather than acting, Marks was predominantly known for his work in which cinematic field? Screenwriting? Cinematography? Stunt work?
SCREENWRITING (although he received his MBE for cryptography work during WWII)
10. Red Dawn was the first PG-13 rated cinematic release. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which four actors played the lead roles in 2000’s Space Cowboys, directed by Clint Eastwood? (one point per correct answer)
CLINT EASTWOOD / TOMMY LEE JONES / DONALD SUTHERLAND / JAMES GARNER
2. Who directed 2010’s Four Lions?
3. What is the title of the sequel to GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra?
GI JOE: RETALLIATION
4. What is the name of Stanley Kowalski’s wife (played by Kim Hunter) in A Streetcar Named Desire?
5. What did John Carpenter direct in between Halloween and Escape From new York?
6. What is the name of the AI that replaces JARVIS in Tony Stark’s suit in Avengers: Age Of Ultron?
7. Of the five personifications of Riley’s basic emotions, in Inside Out, what colour is Fear?
8. The Frighteners was released in which year?
9. What is the name of the drug in Dredd?
10. How does Madeline (played by Meryl Streep) initially die in Robert Zemeckis’ Death Becomes Her?
PUSHED/FALLS DOWN THE STAIRS AND BREAKS HER NECK
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the lead character in The Devil Wears Prada? Andy? Bobbie? Chrissie?
2. What is the name of the first track that Eazy-E performs on in Straight Outta Compton? Straight Outta Compton? LA Is The Place? Boyz-N-The-Hood?
3. Which of the following origami sculptures did not appear in Blade Runner? Unicorn? Chicken? Rose? [bonus point for naming Gaff’s other sculpture]
ROSE [Stick Man]
4. Who directed 1945’s Brief Encounter? Alfred Hitchcock? David Lean? Carol Reed?
5. In 10 Cloverfield Lane, Michelle makes a hazmat suit out of what? Rain Mac? Shower Curtain? Tent?
6. 1976’s All The President’s Men focuses on the events surrounding which presidency? Abraham Lincoln? Franklin Delano Roosevelt? Richard Nixon?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you’re here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson … they taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to”? The Fox And The Hound? Natural Born Killers? Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice?
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
8. Which of the following has not played Richard III on film? Ian McKellen? Kenneth Branagh? Laurence Olivier?
9. David Lean’s The Bridge On The River Kwai was released in which year? 1952? 1954? 1957?
10. Upon receiving the Golden Globe for Best Actor In A Drama for About Schmidt, Jack Nicholson said, “I’m a little surprised, I thought we had made a comedy.” True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Ghostbusters II / Driving Miss Daisy / Grosse Point Blank / Blues Brothers 2000
Actor: Dan Aykroyd