[30 July 2017]
Zowie Bowie TOWIE Rowie Showie
Genre – Duncan Jones Essex-based rowing extravaganza
Lunar Horde Code
Genre – A dismembered orc deciphers the code explaining the horde’s lunar origin
Duncan Jones And The Duncan Jones Clones
Genre – Duncan Jones and the Duncan Jones clones clones
Genre – Biopic
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Who did Julia Roberts portray in Erin Brokovich?
2. Mad Max is set in which country?
3. The Disney princess Ariel appears in which film?
THE LITTLE MERMAID
4. Dustin Hoffman, Jason Isaacs, Ian McShane and Garrett Hedlund have all played which pirate?
CAPTAIN JAMES HOOK
5. Who played the titular role in Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs?
6. American Spy, David Webb, played by Matt Damon, is known by which alias?
7. What was the full title of third Hobbit film?
THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
8. Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper play bikers accompanied by Jack Nicholson in which film?
9. Who starred in Sleepless In Seattle, When Harry Met Sally and City Of Angels?
10. What is the title of the first Rambo film?
ROUND II: Filming [Duncan Jones Special]
1. Who will be directing the upcoming release, Mute? Terence Malik? Lars Von Trier? Duncan Jones?
2. Moon was released in which year? 2007? 2009? 2011?
3. What was the main poster tagline for Source Code? Make Every Second Count? Crack The Code? Relive The Day, Solve The Mystery?
MAKE EVERY SECOND COUNT
4. Which of the following actors did not appear in Warcraft? Glenn Close? Jude Law? Clancy Brown?
5. What is the name of the robot in Moon, voiced by Kevin Spacey? SIMON? WYSIWYG? GERTY?
6. What was Source Code’s budget? $32 million? $58 million? $92 million?
THIRTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS
7. What is the name of the Orc homeworld in Warcraft? Dramator? Dranger? Draenor?
8. The four harvesters in Moon are named after what? The gospels? The Beatles? Compass directions?
THE FOUR GOSPELS
9. Despite being set in Chicago, the majority of Source Code was shot in which country? Germany? Canada? China?
10. Warcraft was supposed to be released in December 2015 but was pushed back to May 2016 to coincide with the twentieth anniversary of the original Warcraft video game release. True or False?
FALSE (it was pushed back to avoid clashing with Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Litwak’s Family Fun Center is a video game arcade that features in which film?
WRECK IT RALPH
2. What did Mel Brooks direct in between The Twelve Chairs and Young Frankenstein?
3. Something Has Found Us was the poster tagline for which 2008 film?
4. Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Chloe Grace Moretz starred in which film?
5. Who directed Garden State?
6. Which word game features heavily in The Machinist?
7. The following quote is from which film, “He is very brave and very wise, that’s why he is known as the great prince of the forest”?
8. Dr King Schultz, Calvin J Candie, Stephen and Spencer “Big Daddy” Bennett are characters in which film?
9. What disorder does Sarah (played by Kristen Stewart) suffer from in Panic Room?
10. What is Scott Pilgrim’s full title?
SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The Mind Stone (one of the infinity stones) first appeared in which Marvel film? Thor? The Avengers? Doctor Strange?
2. In Midnight Special, Roy, Lucas and Alton are trying to get from Texas to which state? California? Florida? Maine?
3. What is Sung Tse-Ho’s main responsibility for the triad in A Better Tomorrow? Printing counterfeit US notes? Trading drugs for munitions with the military? Running a triad-controlled brothel?
PRINTING COUNTERFEIT US NOTES
4. The majority of Spotlight is set in 2001, what year is the prologue set in? 1964? 1976? 1981?
5. What does Evan use to travel back in time, in The Butterfly Effect? Alcohol? His journals? His childhood bicycle?
6. The following quote is from which film, “I’m not gonna kill you, I want you to do me a favour. I want you to tell all your friends about me”? Batman? Batman Begins? Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “There have been many courtroom dramas that have glorified the great American legal system. This is not one of them”? My Cousin Vinny? The Verdict? Liar Liar?
MY COUSIN VINNY
8. The Bridges Of Madison County was released in which year? 1986? 1995? 2002?
9. Which of the following did not feature Tom Hanks? The Great Buck Howard? The Portrait Of A Lady? A Hologram For The King?
THE PORTRAIT OF A LADY
10. Director Gareth Edwards has a cameo in Rogue One as the Rebel soldier pulling the level that releases the Tantive IV. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Armageddon / Night At The Museum 2: Battle Of The Smithsonian / Cars / The Grand Budapest Hotel
Poster: Shanghai Knights
Actor: Owen Wilson