[16 July 2017]
Entrap Dent In A Tent Meant For Kent
Genre – Batman rescues a kryptonite weakened Clark Kent from a tent and puts Harvey Dent in after he has a tantrum after finding out the 39 year age gap between Catherine Zeta-Jones and Sean Connery
The Life Geriatric With Michael Douglas
Genre – Catherine Zeta-Jones looks after an ageing Douglas who is obsessed with finding a Jaguar Shark… which turns out to be dementia
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In which Paul Feig film does Maya Rudolph play a bride-to-be with Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne playing her bridesmaids?
2. Minions first appeared in which film?
3. Who plays the lead role in the Mission Impossible franchise?
4. Who directed Armageddon?
5. The Austin Powers films are parodies of which genre or type of film?
SPY / BOND FILMS
6. Which two actors played the lead roles in 21 Jump Street? (one point per correct answer)
CHANNING TATUM / JONAH HILL
7. Which Disney animated film is set in the fictional city of San Fransokyo?
BIG HERO 6
8. Mrs Doubtfire was released in which year?
9. Roland Emmerich’s Anonymous is about which British playwright?
10. What is the name of the Lord who rules over Duloc in Shrek? [bonus point for naming the actor who played him]
LORD FARQUAAD [John Lithgow]
ROUND II: Filming [Age Gap Special]
1. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “This is Harold, fully equipped to deal with life. This is Maude, Harold’s girlfriend”? Braveheart? Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince? Harold and Maude?
HAROLD AND MAUDE
2. Who played the lead role in Venus? Michael Caine? Peter O’Toole? Richard Harris?
3. Who directed 1962’s Lolita? Mike Nichols? Stanley Kramer? Stanley Kubrick? [bonus point for naming the director of the 1997 remake]
STANLEY KUBRICK [Adrian Lyne]
4. Entrapment was released in which year? 1995? 1997? 1999?
5. What is Charlotte’s husband’s job in Lost In Translation? Photographer? Journalist? Film director?
6. What is the title of the film about a fashion journalist and a crotchety pilot who crash land on a deserted island, starring Anne Heche and Harrison Ford respectively? Random Hearts? Six Days, Seven Nights? Frantic?
SIX DAYS, SEVEN NIGHTS
7. Colin Firth portrays which Dutch painter in Girl With The Pearl Earring? Paulus Potter? Johannes Vermeer? Rembrandt Harmenszoon Van Rijn?
8. What does Joe discover at the New Year’s Eve party in Sunset Boulevard? Everyone present is being paid to attend? The dress code is extremely formal and he arrives in a regular suit? He was the only guest invited?
HE WAS THE ONLY GUEST INVITED
9. Who was the original choice for the Grail Knight in Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade? Alec Guinness? Laurence Olivier? John Gielgud?
10. The remake of Oldboy opens as “a Spike Lee film” rather than “a Spike Lee joint” because the studio cut over half an hour of developmental material and Lee felt this was no longer his feature. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the following line of A Whole New World in Aladdin: “I can show you the world, shining, shimmering, splendid”?
TELL ME PRINCESS, NOW WHEN DID YOU LAST LET YOUR HEART DECIDE
2. At what event is the nuclear device detonated in 2002’s The Sum Of All Fears?
AT A BASEBALL GAME
3. How many members make up the group NWA in Straight Outta Compton?
FIVE (Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, MC Ren, DJ Yella)
4. Which film starred Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, Marlene Dietrich, Orson Welles and Zsa Zsa Gabor?
TOUCH OF EVIL
5. Bill Murray plays Bosley in Charlie’s Angels. Who plays Bosley in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle?
6. What instrument does Captain Janek play in Prometheus?
7. Martin Scorsese’s Hugo tells the story of which French director?
8. The following quote is from which film, “It’s so sad because it’s so hard to make her understand. I’ve gotten all these things for her and now she just.. wants to run away”?
THE GREAT GATSBY
9. What is the name of the invading alien forces in The Avengers?
10. What is the full title of Alejandro G Inarritu’s Birdman?
BIRDMAN OR (THE UNEXPECTED VIRTUE OF IGNORANCE)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which film featured Tilda Swinton, Djmon Hounsou, Rachel Weisz and Keanu Reeves? Johnny Mnemonic? Constantine? Street Kings?
2. Who voice the Axiom’s computer in Wall-E? Sigourney Weaver? Betty White? Jon Hamm?
3. Which film did Kevin Smith direct in between Mallrats and Dogma? Cop Out? Jersey Girl? Chasing Amy?
4. Steel Magnolias was released in which year? 1987? 1988? 1989?
5. How many Oscars was Driving Miss Daisy nominated for? 6? 9? 12? [bonus point for naming how many it won]
6. What is the name of Zissou’s research vessel in The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou? Belafonte? Calypso? Explorer?
7. What is the name of the character played by Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate? Raymond Babbitt? Carl Bernstein? Benjamin Braddock?
8. Mean Machine, starring Vinnie Jones, is a remake of which American film? Rudy? Gridiron Gang? The Longest Yard?
THE LONGEST YARD (although this was later dubbed The Mean Machine too)
9. Which of the following is the only species with on-screen female characters in the original Planet Of The Apes? Chimpanzees? Orang-utans? Gorillas?
10. Godzilla was originally storyboarded to look like an octopus. True or False?
TRUE (before Tomoyuki Tanaka decided a dinosaur look would be better)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Chaplin / My Cousin Vinny / Wild Hogs / Crazy, Stupid, Love
Poster: The Wild Thornberrys Movie
Actor: Marisa Tomei