[02 July 2017]
Red Dawn Retaliation In The Woods
Genre – Chris Hemsworth arrives late for his career
Genre – In this thrilling sequel to Drive, Ryan Gosling faces his toughest challenge yet, driving a pre-school bus
Transformers: Age Of Ejaculation
Genre – Mankind stands in awe of giant robots that experience orgasm for 1000 years straight
Development Hell Boy… With Sexy Results
Genre – 80’s movie in which Kim DELAYney and DEFER Sutherland set up a paranormal investigation service
The Bookhouse Boys
Genre – Mystery
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the fictional film used as a cover to save American diplomats in Argo?
2. Les Miserables is largely set in which French city?
3. Daryl Hannah plays which mythical creature in Splash?
4. Which Steven Soderbergh film stars George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez as a bank robber and US Marshal respectively?
OUT OF SIGHT
5. Philoctetes, Megara, Amphitryon and Alcmene are characters from which Disney film?
6. Ray Liotta played the lead role in which 1990 Martin Scorsese film?
7. Catch Me If You Can was released in which year?
8. Who directed The Darjeeling Limited?
9. Leonardo Di Caprio played Jordan Belfort in which film?
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
10. What colour is the scorpion on Ryan Gosling’s jacket in Drive?
GOLD / YELLOW
ROUND II: Filming [Films Held Back From Release Special]
1. Titanic was released in which year? 1997? 1999? 2001?
2. Who directed Phone Booth? Peter Berg? Paul Verhoeven? Joel Schumacher?
3. Who played the lead role in Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer? Crispin Glover? Michael Rooker? Eric Bana?
4. How many students stay in the titular cabin in Cabin In The Woods? 5? 6? 7?
FIVE (Dana, Curt, Jules, Marty , Holden)
5. Who composed the score for World War Z? Dario Marianelli? Marco Beltrami? Rupert Gregson-Williams?
6. In Idiocracy, where is your ID tattoo’d? Nape? Wrist? Left chest?
7. What is the name of the whaling ship that is attacked by the whale in In The Heart Of The Sea? Essex? Yorktown? Dorset?
8. How many years was Kenneth Lonergan’s Margaret delayed for? 4? 8? 12?
9. James Gandolfini, Susan Sarandon and Kate Winslet starred in which John Turturro directed feature? Romance & Cigarettes? Quiz Show? Monkeybone?
ROMANCE & CIGARETTES
10. The character physically playing V in V For Vendetta is James Purefoy, the original actor cast. Hugo Weaving merely provided the voice over. True or False?
FALSE (although Purefoy was the original casting choice for V)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following actors appeared in which film: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Don Cheadle, William H Macy, Alfred Molina and Mark Wahlberg?
2. Which John Travolta/Christian Slater film is about the theft of two nuclear weapons?
3. What is the title character’s first name in Schindler’s List?
4. What colour is R’s (Nicholas Hoult) hoodie in Warm Bodies?
5. What is the name of Gandalf’s sword?
6. Who directed Cinderella Man, Night Shift and The Missing?
7. What is Doc Brown’s occupation in the past in Back To The Future Part III?
8. “Dare to live” is the poster tagline for which Matthew McConaughey film?
DALLAS BUYERS CLUB
9. The following quote is from which film, “I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day, you will be naked for eternity”
A KNIGHT’S TALE
10. Which two actors played the same lead role in Rian Johnson’s Looper? (one point per correct answer)
JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT / BRUCE WILLIS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which character in Con Air gets caught in the wheels and dies, only to have Nicolas Cage’s character write a message on the body before dislodging it? Grissom? Larkin? Pinball?
2. The original Thomas Crown Affair was released in which year? 1968? 1971? 1979?
3. Which newspaper receives the titular killer’s taunting letters in Zodiac? Boston Herald? San Francisco Chronicle? The New York Times?
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
4. How many days are people given to find a partner before being turned into an animal in The Lobster? 30 days? 45 days? 100 days?
5. John Wayne, Ricky Nelson and which other actor received top billing on the poster for Rio Bravo? James Stewart? Dean Martin? Gary Cooper?
6. Which of the following did not appear in Sicario? Jon Bernthal? Charlie Cox? Victor Garber?
7. Who directed Carol, starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara? Mike Leigh? Todd Haynes? Tom McCarthy?
8. What is the name of the sequel to Yojimbo? Ikiru? Sanjuro? Warui Yatsu Hodo Yoku Nemuru?
9. What is Conor’s job in Song Of The Sea? Lighthouse Keeper? Fisherman? Pub Landlord?
10. The shadow of the supposedly incomplete freeway in Speed is visible. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Ray / Horrible Bosses / Any Given Sunday / The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Poster: The Truth About Cats & Dogs
Actor: Jamie Foxx