[18 June 2017]
Genre – Insanity: the martial arts edition
The Wuxia Tang Clan
Genre – A rap group incorporate martial arts into their performance
Genre – Terrifying kung-fu film based entirely around felatio
Thrush Hour… With Sexy Results
Genre – Jackie Chan helps Chris Rock retrace all his ex-girlfriends from the previous three movies and have ‘that’ conversation
Drunken Masters Of Losing
Genre – Losing is just what we do
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the cannibal psychiatrist in The Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal?
2. Mathieu Kassovitz’s La Haine is set in which country?
3. Disney’s Tangled is based on which fairy tale?
4. What colour is Darth Vader’s lightsaber?
5. What is the name of Charlie Chaplin’s most iconic role?
6. The following quote is from which film, “You stay classy, San Diego”?
7. Who directed Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish and Alice In Wonderland?
8. Gladiator was released in which year?
9. In which Toy Story instalment are Woody and Buzz donated to a day care nursery?
TOY STORY 3
10. Who played the lead role in The Grey?
ROUND II: Filming [Martial Arts Special]
1. Who played the lead role in the Ip Man trilogy? Stephen Chow? Donnie Yen? Tony Jaa?
2. Fist Of Fury was released in which year? 1961? 1968? 1972?
3. Kung Fu Hustle was shot in which language? Korean? Mandarin? Cantonese?
4. Jackie Chan’s Drunken Master was released in 1978, when was The Legend Of Drunken Master released? 1982? 1994? 2006?
5. Who directed 2013’s The Grandmaster? Kar-wai Wong? Ang Lee? Fruit Chan Gor?
6. The Ong-Bak series is set in which country? Japan? Thailand? Indonesia?
7. Jet Li’s Fearless is set in which century 5th/400s? 16th/1500s? 19th/1800s?
8. Which film tells the story of a masked doctor who steals from corrupt authorities and gives to the poor? The Man From Nowhere? The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin? Iron Monkey?
9. House Of Flying Daggers’ original title is Shi Mian Mai Fu; what is its literal translation? For Honour And Revenge? Strike In Bamboo Kingdom? Ambushed From Ten Directions?
AMBUSHED FROM TEN DIRECTIONS
10. All the guns in The Raid were plastic so all the muzzle flashes were added digitally. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the titles of the two The Mummy sequels and four spin-offs? (one point per correct answer)
THE MUMMY RETURNS / THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR / THE SCORPION KING / THE SCORPION KING 2: RISE OF A WARRIOR / THE SCORPION KING 3: BATTLE FOR REDEMPTION / THE SCORPION KING 4: QUEST FOR POWER
2. Predator 2 was released in which year?
3. What is Sandy’s surname in Grease?
4. How old is Elliott in ET?
5. Which film starred Bill Murray, Steve Martin, Rick Moranis, John Candy and Jim Belushi?
THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
6. The following quote is from which Marvel film, “You gave me this mission. This is how it ends”?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
7. How many films has Guy Ritchie directed to date?
NINE (Lock Stock, Snatch, Swept Away, Revolver, RocknRolla, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes 2, The Man From UNCLE, King Arthur)
8. Following songs from which film: Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, Sweet Home Chicago, Flip Flop & Fly and Rawhide?
THE BLUES BROTHERS
9. The following is the poster tagline for which 90’s comedy, “Love is wonderful. Until it happens to your only daughter”?
FATHER OF THE BRIDE
10. What is the name of the film in which Robin Williams plays Leslie Zevo, a man who fights his uncle for the rights to the family toy factory?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In Edge Of Tomorrow, which country do the mimics first attack? Germany? France? Spain?
2. Zach, Gray, Owen and Claire are characters in which Jurassic Park sequel? The Lost World: Jurassic Park? Jurassic Park III? Jurassic World?
3. What is the name given to the titular monster in Creature From The Black Lagoon? Gill-Man? Lagoon Beast? Webbed Menace?
4. A post credits sequence is most commonly referred to as what? Tail trailer? The After Dinner Mint? Monk’s reward?
5. Who directed 2006’s Dreamgirls? Rob Marshall? Bill Condon? Susan Stroman?
6. The following is a quote from which film, “Someone doesn’t have to weaponise the bird flu, the birds are doing that”? 2012? Zero Dark Thirty? Contagion?
7. Animated feature Persepolis was released in which year? 2007? 2009? 2012?
8. What is the subtitle for City Slickers 2? Mitch Returns? The Slickers Ride Again? The Legend Of Curly’s Gold?
THE LEGEND OF CURLY’S GOLD
9. What is the name of the Hun villain in Mulan? Shan Yu? Khan? Yao?
10. The song The Hanging Tree in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is actually sung by Lorde, not Jennifer Lawrence. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Star Trek / Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan / Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home / Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Poster: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Actor: Leonard Nimoy