[09 April 2017]
Fantastic Beasts In The Temple Of Prometheus
Genre – Elizabeth, Newt and Indy team up to stop Mola Ram and Weyland crossbreeding Newt’s beasts with the xenomorphs
The Phantom Penis …With Sexy Results
Genre – Jake Lloyd finds a double ended lightsaber and kills Jar Jar Binks with it
The Phantom Menace To Society
Genre – Two down on their luck Jedi break down in the outer rim. After their lightsabers are stolen they must use their wits to survive
We Want Our 4th Spoon In A Row
Genre – Losing
First Among Prequels
Genre – Drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Kenneth Branagh plays which role in 1996’s Hamlet?
2. What colour is Jasmine’s dress in Disney’s Aladdin?
BLUE (admittedly red for Jafar slave outfit)
3. Which actor played the titular role in Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice?
4. What is the name of the alien planet in Avatar?
5. King Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan and Gigan are adversaries for which cinematic monster?
6. List the five Guardians Of The Galaxy in the film of the same name. (one point per correct answer)
PETER QUILL / GAMORA / DRAX / ROCKET RACOON / GROOT
7. Who directed the motion capture animated film, Beowulf?
8. What did Pixar release in between Inside Out and Finding Dory?
THE GOOD DINOSAUR
9. Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne and Maya Rudolph appeared in which Paul Feig film?
10. 2012 was released in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [Prequels Special]
**8000th question asked!**
1. Monsters University is a prequel to which film? Hotel Transylvania? Monster House? Monsters Inc?
2. Who directed Oz The Great And Powerful? Tim Burton? Sam Raimi? Jon Favreau?
3. Butch And Sundance: The Early Days was released in which year? 1971? 1979? 1983?
1979 (ten years after the original)
4. What is the title of the Underworld prequel (and third film in the series)? Rise Of The Lycans? The Bloodthirst? Awakens?
RISE OF THE LYCANS
5. Which of the following made the least money at the box office? Dumb And Dumber? Dumb And Dumberer? Dumb And Dumber To?
DUMB AND DUMBERER ($39.3mil, Dumb and Dumber $247mil, Dumb and Dumber To $169.8mil)
6. Zulu Dawn was released how many years after Zulu? 5? 10? 15?
FIFTEEN (1964 / 1979)
7. 2011’s The Thing is set in which year? 1978? 1980? 1982?
8. What is the name of the planet in Prometheus? LV-223? LV-422? LV-102?
9. How many racers take part in the Boonta Eve pod race in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace? 15? 19? 23?
10. In The Scorpion King, the scene in which Dwayne Johnson and Michael Clarke Duncan duel, the prop swords break in a single clash. This was not planned but was kept in. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid”
2. Patrick Stewart and Leonard Nimoy appeared together in which film?
3. What kind of eatery does Nino (played by Ron Perlman) run in Drive?
4. What colour do the natives wear in the opening battle in Gangs Of New York?
5. Who voiced the role of Dr Nefario in Despicable Me?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which Wes Anderson film, “A tormenting and surprising story of children and adults during the stormy days of the summer of 1965″?
7. Where The Wild Things Are was released in which year?
8. What is the name of the character played by Michael York in the Austin Powers films?
9. What is the title of Ron Howard’s film about F1 racers James Hunt and Niki Lauda?
10. What is the title of Star Trek 7?
STAR TREK GENERATIONS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following does not appear in Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion? Mark Wahlberg? Jude Law? Bryan Cranston?
2. The following songs appear on the soundtrack for which film: You Can’t Do That, Burnin’ In The Third Degree, Pictures Of You and Intimacy? Fast & Furious 6? Runaway Bride? The Terminator?
3. Around The World In 80 Days, starring David Niven, was released in which year? 1949? 1956? 1962?
4. Who composed the score for Sicario? Johann Johannsson? Abel Korzeniowski? James Newton Howard?
5. What is the name of the town in Unforgiven? Blackwater? Big Whiskey? Escalera?
6. What was the budget on 2013 drama, The Place Beyond The Pines? $15 million? $50 million? £83 million?
FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS
7. Who directed To Kill A Mockingbird? Arthur Penn? Frank Perry? Robert Mulligan?
8. Which of the following Guy Ritchie films was released first? RocknRolla? Swept Away? Revolver?
SWEPT AWAY (SA 2002, Revolver 2005, RocknRolla 2008)
9. What is the name of the novel that Slumdog Millionaire is adapted from? Mumbai Millionaire? Q&A? The Game Show?
10. The scene in Oldboy where Dae-su Oh eats a live octopus was filmed four times, meaning Min-sik Choi had to eat four live octopi. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Wall Street / Ant-Man / The Game / Traffic
Poster: Romancing The Stone
Actor: Michael Douglas