[26 March 2017]
Genre – Emma Stone educates accountants on erroneous envelopes
East Is East Anglia …With Sex-E Results
Genre – The trials and tribulations of a Norfolk family as they try to “do different”
Genre – Renowned slut, Emma Stone, dons a wimple emblazoned with the letter E to feign virginity
Dial E For Eggs
Genre – Or we’ll dial M for Murder because.. give us the eggs! We wants the eggs!
Genre – Dramedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the lead character played by Ellen Page in Juno?
2. The songs Summer Nights and You’re The One That I Want are from which film?
3. What is the title of the Facebook film directed by David Fincher?
THE SOCIAL NETWORK
4. Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid is a parody of which genre?
5. Which two actors starred in the lead roles in Unbreakable? (one point per correct answer)
BRUCE WILLIS / SAMUEL L JACKSON
6. Wesley Snipes featured in which Marvel franchise?
7. Which animal is the bard in Disney’s Robin Hood?
COCKEREL / ROOSTER
8. Who directed Bananas, Manhattan and Annie Hall?
9. Moonraker, Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Alien were all released in which year?
10. Will Smith played Detective Del Spooner in which film?
ROUND II: Filming [Bill Paxton Special]
1. Which film starred Geena Davis, Jeff Goldblum, Damon Wayanes and Jim Carrey? Easy Does It? All Too Easy? Earth Girls Are Easy?
EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY
2. What colour outfit does Elektra wear in the film of the same name? Yellow? Red? Blue?
3. Empire Of The Sun predominantly takes place in which World War II setting? A Japanese prisoner of war camp? A US army base? A ship docked at Pearl Harbour?
A JAPANESE PRISONER OF WAR CAMP
4. Which of the following actors did not appear in Edward Scissorhands? Alan Arkin? Diane Keaton? Anthony Michael Hall?
5. Who directed Erik The Viking? Terry Jones? Terry Gilliam? John Cleese?
6. What is the name of the city in Equilibrium? Caprica? Libria? Sagitaria?
7. What is the name of the crime-lord who runs the martial arts tournament on his private island in Enter The Dragon? Han? Wu? Yung?
8. How many people reside in Nathan’s compound in Ex Machina? 2? 5? 7?
TWO (Caleb and Nathan, Ava and Kyoko are androids)
9. What is the original Mandarin title for The Eye? Pang Yin? Jian Gui? Kar jur?
10. A prison scene was shot for Escape From LA which established plot details that would come back in a planned sequel, Escape From Earth. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyway because it’s sterile and I like the taste”?
2. Who directed Chicago?
3. According to The Purge, the 21st/22nd of which month is a 12 hour period where all crime is legal?
4. Which Martin Scorsese film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, was produced by Brad Pitt?
5. What is the name of the secret order of magicians in the Now You See Me franchise?
6. The original Japanese version of The Ring (Ringu) was released in which year?
7. Who ends up with the diamond at the end of Snatch?
DOUG THE HEAD (the diamond dealer played by Mike Reid)
8. Cabin In The Woods in the woods was written by Drew Goddard and which other director?
9. What colour is The Grand Budapest Hotel while Monsieur Gustave H works there, in the film of the same name?
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Heads will roll”?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. John Huston’s adaptation of The Maltese Falcon was released in which year? 1939? 1941? 1946?
2. What did Jonathan Lynn direct before My Cousin Vinny? Coneheads? Howard The Duck? Nuns On The Run?
NUNS ON THE RUN
3. What events kick off the start of 1933’s Duck Soup? Mrs Teasdale demands Rufus is put in charge of Freedonia? Trentino is pelted with fruit while locked in stocks? Roland declares war?
MRS TEASDALE DEMANDS RUFUS IS PUT IN CHARGE OF FREEDONIA
4. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “They dropped everything for a good cause”? Mrs Henderson Presents? The Full Monty? Calendar Girls?
5. Philip Seymour Hoffman played the role of Lancaster Dodd in which film? The Master? Synecdoche, New York? Doubt?
6. Which of the following is not part of Richard Linklater’s Before trilogy? Before Sunset? Before Dawn? Before Midnight?
7. What was the budget for Superbad? $10 million? $20 million? $50 million?
TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS
8. Match Point was nominated for one Oscar in which category? Best Writing, Original Screenplay? Best Supporting Actress? Best Editing?
BEST WRITING, ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
9. The following quote is from which Shane Black film, “I peed on the corpse. Can they do, like, ID from that”? Lethal Weapon? Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? The Nice Guys?
KISS KISS BANG BANG
10. Samuel L Jackson worked on Sphere during the week and Jackie Brown on the weekends. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Anaconda / Out Of Sight / Maid In Manhattan / The Cell
Actor: Jennifer Lopez