[12 March 2017]
How Do I Get Out Of This Chicken Shit Quiz?
Genre – With just two hours until the end of the quiz, unforeseen events cause a lack of shit to be secured
We Both Love Soup!
Genre – A struggling team lose their minds trying to think of a funny name
Hudson On The Bay LV426
Genre – Will he ever get out of this chicken shit outfit?
Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator
Genre – Conceptually awful but hey, at least Bill Paxton would be in it
The Friendly Ghosts
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of supernatural killer in the 1931 film Dracula?
2. Jack Sparrow debuted in which film?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL
3. What household item is Chip in Beauty And The Beast?
4. Which actor appeared in Mrs Doubtfire, Aladdin and The Fisher King?
5. Julia Roberts and Richard Gere first appeared together in which film?
6. What is the name of the planet ruled over by Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace?
7. Zoolander was released in which year?
8. Which film starred Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes and Sandra Bullock?
9. In Disney’s Pocahontas, what type of animal is Flit?
10. Henry Jones III, played by Shia LaBeouf, goes by what alias in Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull?
ROUND II: Filming [Bill Paxton Special]
1. In Aliens, Gorman mistakes Hudson for which other marine? Vasquez? Drake? Hicks?
2. Near Dark was released in which year? 1985? 1987? 1989?
3. How many Earp brothers are depicted in Tombstone? 3? 4? 5?
THREE (Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan)
4. Finish the following True Lies quote, “I gotta keep up the waiter bit, these stakeouts can be a little tricky, you know. You never know if things can explode to a life or death situation, just stay low and I’ll contact you later. Maybe you should give me your telephone number.” Did you think you could elude us forever Carlos? Game’s over Carlos, your career as an international terrorist is well documented? So we meet again Carlos?
SO WE MEET AGAIN CARLOS
5. Which cinematographer directed Twister? Jan de Bont? Adrian Biddle? Don Burgess?
JAN DE BONT
6. What was the title of Paxton’s directorial debut? Frailty? The Greatest Game Ever Played? Vertical Limit?
7. What is the name of the Japanese novel that Edge Of Tomorrow is based on? Mobile Armoured Riot Force? All You Need Is Kill? Live Die Repeat?
ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
8. What is the name of Bill Paxton’s character in The Terminator? Punk leader? Thug #2? Billy?
9. What is the name of the ship foraging through the Titanic wreckage in 1997’s Titanic? Qin Zhameh? BIO Hesperides? Akademick Mstislav Keldysh?
AKADEMICK MSTISLAV KELDYSH
10. Weird Science is based on a comic. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who played the lead role in 2004’s The Assassination Of Richard Nixon?
2. What is Holly McClane’s maiden name in Die Hard?
3. What is the name of the supercomputer in The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy? [bonus point for naming who voiced the character]
DEEP THOUGHT [Helen Mirren]
4. Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Littlefoot and Sharptooth are characters in which film?
THE LAND BEFORE TIME
5. Who directed Anchor Man, Taladega Nights, Step Brothers and The Big Short?
6. The following quote is from which film, “I have one rule, everyone fights, no one quits. You don’t do your job I’ll shoot you myself”
7. During the scorpion attack in Honey I Shrunk The Kids, the titular kids are hiding in what children’s toy?
8. How does Lester die in American Beauty?
SHOT BY HIS NEIGHBOUR
9. My Girl was released in which year?
10. How many different type of dinosaur does Kong wrestle in the 1933 original King Kong
THREE (Tyrannosaurus Rex, Elasmosaurus, Pteranodon – the venture crew fight a Stegosaurus and Diplodocus)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. K-9, starring Jim Bellushi was released in which year? 1987? 1989? 1991?
2. Which of the following did not appear in 2000’s Charlie’s Angels? Melissa McCarthy? Matt LeBlanc? Amy Adams?
3. What is the name of the king of Naboombu in Bedknobs & Broomsticks? Leonardo? Leodor? Leonidas?
4. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Fed up with the system, ticked off at the establishment and mad about each other”? The Full Monty? Brassed Off? The Boat That Rocked?
5. Who plays the head fairy in 2010’s The Tooth Fairy? Betty White? Julie Andrews? Judi Dench?
6. How many years passed between the release of The Boondock Saints and The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day? 4? 9? 13?
7. What is the title of the Alan Parker film about an early 1900s sanitarium run by Dr John Harvey Kellogg, played by Anthony Hopkins? The Spa? The Road To Wellville? Kellogg’s Cure?
THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE
8. How many actors played the titular role (Bennington Austin Cotwell IV) in Baby’s Day Out? 1? 2? 3?
TWO (Adam and Jacob Worton)
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The real world and the animated world collide”? Roger Rabbit? Mary Poppins? Enchanted?
10. Whoopi Goldberg appeared in a dinosaur buddy cop film called Theodore Rex. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: American Pie / Legally Blonde / A Series Of Unfortunate Events / Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans
Actor: Jennifer Coolidge