[12 February 2017]
The Day Of The Yakult
Genre – The French President is threatened by a toxic yoghurt drink
The Jive Funky Krew
Genre – Because assassinations aren’t just for kicks
Clear, Unpleasant Danger.. With Sexy Results
Genre – An assassination attempt on Harrison Ford by a door
Ass Of Nations
Genre – Alec Baldwin stars as the ass of nations who butt-fucks the world until he is assassinated by the United Nations
Bourne To Quiz
Genre – Thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the car in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
2. In which film does Kevin Costner play a gilled mutant fighting an eye-patch wearing Dennis Hopper at sea?
3. Masters Of The Universe is based on which cartoon series?
4. In which film did Reese Witherspoon play Elle Woods, a fashion student studying law at Harvard to prove to her ex-boyfriend that she can be taken seriously?
5. Name the lead actor in The Naked Gun franchise.
6. What is the title of the 2007 comedy about teen pregnancy starring Ellen Page and Michael Cera?
7. Which Bond film was released in between You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever?
ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE
8. Which wrestler played the lead role in Mr Nanny?
9. What is the name of Indiana Jones’ father?
10. What type of animal is Chief Bogo in Zootropolis?
ROUND II: Filming [Tom Hanks Special]
1. What is the name of the young girl that Leon trains in Leon: The Professional? Madeline? Mathilda? Margueritte?
2. The American, starring George Clooney, takes place in which country? Italy? France? Greece?
3. Who starred in the lead role in 1972’s The Mechanic? Gene Hackman? Roy Scheider? Charles Bronson?
4. What is the name of the assassin in Grosse Point Blank, played by John Cusack? Vincent Blank? John Blank? Martin Blank?
5. What is the name of the hitman played by Chow Yun Fat in The Killer? Ah Jong? Li Ying? Fung Sei?
6. The Day Of The Jackal was released in which year? 1966? 1973? 1981?
7. How much does Vincent offer Max to drive him around LA for the entire night in Collateral (excluding the additional money offered as a tip)? $600? $1000? $3500?
SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS
8. How many times is the word fuck (and it’s various derivatives) said in In Bruges? 126? 431? 1185?
9. JFK ends with a title card explaining that classified records relating to the assassination will be made public in which year? 2020? 2029? 2033?
10. Zhang Yimou’s Hero is the story of the attempted assassination of China’s first emperor. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the title of the first Coen brothers film to feature George Clooney?
O, BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?
2. What do JJ Abrams’ initials stand for? (one point per correct answer)
3. Emily Blunt and Amy Adams star in which film about two sisters setting up a crime-scene cleaning company?
4. Rocky, Adam, Billy, Kimberley, Tommy and Aisha are the names of the lead characters in which film?
MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE
5. Flight Of The Navigator was released in which year?
6. What are the respective titles in Sergio Leone’s Dollar trilogy? (one point per correct answer)
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS / FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE / THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
7. Which film starred Selma Blair, Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe, Tara Reid and Sarah Michelle Gellar?
8. What was the title of Steven Spielberg’s first feature-length theatrical release?
9. The following quote is from which film, “Can you count suckers? I say the future is ours, if you can count”?
10. Baba Yaga is the nickname for which character played by Keanu Reeves?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following films is not a Jackie Chan release? Armour Of God II: Operation Condor? City Hunter? Hard Target?
2. How many weddings has Professor Brainard missed at the start of Flubber? 2? 3? 4?
3. What is the name of the footstool in Beauty And The Beast? Frouf? Sultan? Spot?
4. Jaguar Paw, Middle Eye, Zero Wolf and Flint Sky are characters in which film? Dances With Wolves? Apocalypto? The Lone Ranger?
5. Under The Skin is set in which country? Scotland? Ireland? Wales?
6. What weapon is finally used to defeat Godzilla in the 1954 film Gojira? A 30 metre wall of electrified fences? A device which disintegrates oxygen atoms? A hydrogen-powered laser?
A DEVICE WHICH DISINTEGRATES OXYGEN ATOMS
7. How many crew members serve on the Icarus II in Sunshine? 8? 10? 12?
EIGHT (Capa, Mace, Cassie, Corazon, Searle, Harvey, Kaneda, Trey)
8. Which film is referenced in the opening titles of 1978’s Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes? Bride Of Frankenstein? The Island Of Doctor Moreau? The Birds?
9. How many of its eleven Oscar nominations did Oliver! win? 1? 6? 10?
10. Garth’s drum solo scene in Wayne’s World is faked as Dana Carvey can’t play the drums. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Star Trek Beyond / Green Room / Terminator Salvation / The Smurfs
Poster: The Beaver
Actor: Anton Yelchin