[26 February 2017]
Genre – An exceptionally clever play on words.. just not funny
Back To The Future Part IV: For Flux Sake
Genre – Science ficiton
Can We Please Have The Twixes.. With Sexy Results?
Genre – Four people’s quest to win a packet of chocolate
Quiz 2: The Quiz Within A Quiz
Genre – Question: Which two actors connect The Terminator and Aliens?
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the sequel to Sex And The City?
SEX AND THE CITY 2
2. Who played the lead role in The Cable Guy?
3. Chocolat is set in which country?
4. Who directed Zodiac, The Game and The Social Network?
5. What is the title of the 2000 film starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg about a fishing vessel lost at sea?
THE PERFECT STORM
6. The Road Warrior, Thunderdome and Fury Road are subtitles of films in which franchise?
7. Which X-Men film was released in 2006?
X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
8. Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy and Dan Aykroyd starred in which best picture winning film?
DRIVING MISS DAISY
9. Excluding Alien Covenant what are the titles of the Alien saga films directed by Ridley Scott? (one point per correct answer)
ALIEN / PROMETHEUS
10. Go Big Or Go Extinct was the poster tagline for which film?
ROUND II: Filming [Films in Films Special]
1. Public Enemies was released in which year? 2009? 2011? 2013?
2. What is the name of the lead character in Last Action Hero? Danny? Kit? Tim?
3. In Saving Mr Banks, PL Travers is originally from which country? Australia? Ireland? Germany?
4. Who directed the 1991 remake of Cape Fear? Martin Scorsese? Brian De Palma? Luc Besson?
5. Which of the following did not appear in True Romance? Dennis Hopper? Christopher Walken? Jon Voight?
6. In A Nightmare On Elm Street, which film does Tina watch to try and stay awake? The Shining? Psycho? The Evil Dead?
THE EVIL DEAD
7. What is the name of the newspaper Tim Messenger writes for in Hot Fuzz? Sandford Gazette? Sandford Times? Sandford Citizen?
8. The following quote is from which film, “I hate my neighbours; the constant cacophony of stupidity that pours from their apartment in absolutely soul crushing.”? 25th Hour? Kick Ass? God Bless America?
GOD BLESS AMERICA
9. How old is Michael Myers when he kills his sister in the opening sequence of Halloween? 4? 6? 8?
10. Woody Harrelson’s character’s puppy in the flashbacks in Zombieland belonged to co-star Abigail Breslin. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “How did you ever manage to fit into those smashing tights again?”?
2. In The Lego Movie, what is Wyldstyle’s real name?
3. Which film is the follow up to Baraka?
4. Ethan Hawke, Ian Holm, Donald Sutherland and Jared Leto all appeared in which film?
LORD OF WAR
5. How many Crocodile Dundee films have been made to date?
6. What did Richard Kelly direct after Donnie Darko?
7. Megan Fox played the role of Jennifer Check in which film?
8. Who wrote the script for Swingers?
9. Be Kind Rewind was released in which year?
10. Dom, Arthur, Robert, Eames and Ariadne are characters in which film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the school in Kindergarten Cop? Sherman Elementary? Greenville Elementary? Astoria Elementary?
2. William Rodman, Caroline Aranha, John Landon and Steven Jacobs are the lead characters in which film? Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes? Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes? Beneath The Planet Of The Apes?
RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
3. Chevy Chase comedy Fletch was released in which year? 1980? 1982? 1985?
4. Which of the Dirty Dozen is a former member of the Chicago mob convicted of robbing and killing an elderly man? John Cassavetes? Charles Bronson? Telly Savalas?
5. What is the name of Ofelia’s step-father’s housekeeper in Pan’s Labyrinth? Carmen? Ivana? Mercedes?
6. Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean appeared together in which film? East Of Eden? The Sandpiper? Giant?
7. Who directed Cocoon? Joel Schumacher? Ron Howard? Rob Reiner?
8. Tom Hollander plays Simon Foster in In The Loop, what is his job in government? Minister For International Development? Minister For Foreign Relations? Minister For Interventionism?
MINISTER FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
9. Who composed the score for The Untouchables? Ennio Morricone? Maurice Jarre? Eric Weissberg?
10. To minimise costs on Deliverance, nothing was insured and the actors did their own stunts. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Dracula / Spectre / The Passion Of The Christ / The Matrix Revolutions
Poster: Tears Of The Sun
Actor: Monica Bellucci