[06 November 2016]
Wreck It Ralph Macchio
Genre – The karate kid uses his wax-on, wax-off, painting and sanding skills to do up old cars
Genre – Surprisingly rude sequel to the classic Russian puzzle game
Being Tron Malkovich
Genre – You could say it’s a dream cast..
Snake.. On A Plane… With Sexy Results
Genre – Samuel L Jackson passes time on a transatlantic flight by playing on his Nokia 3210
Who Framed Rampant Rabbit?
Genre – Animated sex film
Genre – Comedy
Feck It Ralph!
Genre – Graphic comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Tron: Legacy was the sequel to which film?
2. The following quote is from which film, “You’ve gotta ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk”?
3. How many uncles does Casper have in the film of the same name?
4. What is the full title of the first Conan film?
CONAN THE BARBARIAN
5. What colour are the roses before they are painted red in Alice In Wonderland?
6. What is the name of Julie Andrews’ character in The Sound Of Music?
7. Who played the title roles in Joel Schumacher’s Batman & Robin? (one point per correct answer)
GEORGE CLOONEY / CHRIS O’DONNELL
8. The Disney princess Giselle appears in which live-action film?
9. What was the title of the science fiction comedy directed by Ivan Reitman, starring David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore?
10. I whistle a happy tune, Getting to know you and Song of the king are songs from which 1956 film?
THE KING AND I
ROUND II: Filming [Fictional Video Game Special]
1. Wrestle Jam ’88 featured in which film? Return Of The Jedi? Brothers Bloom? The Wrestler?
2. Which Toy Story film opens with the video game Buzz Lightyear: Attack On Zurg? Toy Story? Toy Story 2? Toy Story 3?
TOY STORY 2
3. Tron was released in which year? 1980? 1982? 1985?
4. What colour is the foul-mouthed alien in Her? Red? Green? Blue?
5. What is the name of the lead character in The Last Starfighter? Lance Guest? Randy James? Peter Collins?
6. Who directed Never Say Never Again? Terence Young? Irvin Kershner? Howard Blake?
7. In Ender’s Game, Ender plays the “mind game” as what animal? Mouse? Dog? Monkey?
8. How many racers take part in Sugar Rush in Wreck It Ralph? 14? 15? 16
9. After the iconic “Shall we play a game” line from War Games, how does David respond? You’re damn right? You bet? Love to? [bonus point for naming what the computer recommends instead of Global Thermonuclear War]
LOVE TO [Chess]
10. All the voiceovers in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, including Ninja Ninja Revolution, are performed by Bill Hader. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which five actors play the medical students in Flatliners? (one point per correct answer)
KIEFER SUTHERLAND / JULIA ROBERTS / KEVIN BACON / OLIVER PLATT / WILLIAM BALDWIN
2. That Thing You Do! was the directorial debut for which actor?
3. Crysta, Zak, Batty Koda and Hexxus are characters in which animated film?
FERNGULLY: THE LAST RAINFOREST
4. Alexandria’s parents pick which type of fruit, in The Fall?
5. Almost all of Patton was shot in which European country?
6. The planet Dagobah is introduced in which Star Wars film?
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
7. How many types of bugs are seen in Starship Troopers?
SIX (Arachnids, Brain Bug, Spy Bug, Plasma Bug, Hopper Bug, Chariot Bug)
8. At the start of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, Jones learns that his father was searching for the Holy Grail in which city?
9. The following quote is from which film, “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it”?
MEN IN BLACK
10. What is the title of Christopher Nolan’s feature debut?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the ‘new look’ that Derek reveals at the end of Zoolander? Magnum? Latigra? Blue Steel?
2. What is the name given to the angel of death, played by Jessica Lange, in 1979’s All That Jazz? Angelique? Angela? Angelina?
3. Who was the first recipient of the Disney Legends award (Disney’s annual hall of fame award)? Fred MacMurray? Julie Andrews? Roy E. Disney?
4. Which musical instrument is Charles Bronson known as in Once Upon A Time In The West? Banjo? Whistle? Harmonica?
5. Who does Peter leave in charge when he leaves Neverland at the end of Hook? No Naps? Pockets? Thud Butt?
6. Who played the lead role in Village Of The Damned? Christopher Reeve? Donald Pleasance? Sam Neill?
7. What was the title of the Tony Scott film starring David Bowie and Susan Sarandon? Loving Memory? The Hunger? One Of The Missing?
8. Which of the following products did not feature as product placements in Blade Runner? Atari? Budweiser? Levi’s?
9. Predator is set in which Central American country? Nicaragua? Guatemala? Panama?
10. Frances McDormand was actually pregnant during the filming of Fargo. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Guardians Of The Galaxy / Sicario / Snatch
Poster: Licence To Kill
Actor: Benicio Del Toro