[23 October 2016]
Legends Of Curried Favour
Genre – Tim’s curry and rice attempt to gain popularity with a cookery show
Stephen King’s Shit
Genre – Tim Curry’s scary clown presents a childish and unfair critique of the horror author’s works
We’re Frying Tonight
Genre – Kenneth Williams cooks up a chicken ‘Curry’
The Last Quiz Team On The Left
Genre – When all hope is lost, you’re like them
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the doctor who created the monster in Frankenstein?
2. Nosferatu is based on which novel?
3. Leatherface is the most recognised killer from which film?
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
4. Who directed The Shining?
5. How many Blair Witch films have been made to date?
6. Who directed the remake of George A Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead?
7. How many Saw films have been made to date?
SEVEN (with Saw Legacy  due next year)
8. Which film tells the story of Katie and Micah who set up cameras as they believe their house is haunted?
9. What is the Event Horizon in the science fiction horror film of the same name?
10. Which insect features on the poster for Candyman?
ROUND II: Filming [Universal Horror Special]
1. Tim Curry played which role in Muppet Treasure Island? Jim Hawkins? Billy Bones? Long John Silver?
LONG JOHN SILVER
2. What is the name of the clown, played by Tim Curry, in Stephen King’s It? Bonzo? Jumbles? Pennywise?
3. Clue was released in cinemas with how many alternate endings? 2? 3? 4?
4. In The Hunt For Red October, Tim Curry plays Yevgeniy Petrov. What is Petrov’s job on the submarine? Doctor? Political Officer? Navigator?
5. In the 1993 version of The Three Musketeers, which actor plays the role of Aramis? Charlie Sheen? Emilio Estevez? Lou Diamond Phillips?
6. Rocky Horror Picture Show was released in which year? 1968? 1971? 1975?
7. Tim Curry featured in how many Rugrats films? 1? 2? 3?
THREE (The Rugrats Movie, Rugrats In Paris: The Movie, Rugrats Go Wild)
8. Which of the following didn’t feature a performance by Tim Curry? Congo? The Little Vampire? Annie?
THE LITTLE VAMPIRE
9. Before James Woods was cast as Father McFeely in Scary Movie 2, which actor was cast and filmed one day before leaving the set for health reasons? Steve Buscemi? Donald Sutherland? Marlon Brando?
10. Tim Curry was Tim Burton’s second choice to play The Joker in Batman. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the individual names of the four gang members that kill Eric Draven in The Crow? (one point per correct answer)
T-BIRD / TIN TIN / FUN BOY / SKANK
2. What is the name of the town that Michael Myers returns to in Halloween?
3. What is the name of the goat in The Witch?
4. Who directed Vampire In Brooklyn?
5. Who is the first person to die in Scream?
STEVE ORTH (Casey’s boyfriend)
6. In The Cabin In The Woods there are five sacrificial archetypes. What are they? (one point per correct answer)
ATHLETE / VIRGIN / WHORE / SCHOLAR / FOOL
7. The following quote is from which film, “If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation. How would you know if it was really me”?
8. Ig Perrish is the lead character in which film?
9. Which year saw two Hellraiser releases, albeit straight-to-video after an extremely limited run?
2005 (Hellraiser: Deader / Hellraiser: Hellworld)
10. Jodelle Ferland plays the role of two girls in Silent Hill, name them both. (one point per correct answer)
SHARON / ALESSA
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Dracula: Dead And Loving It was released in which year? 1987? 1991? 1995?
2. What is the name of Stevie Wayne’s radio station in The Fog? CQB Harbour Bay? TTP Carlotta Bay? KAB Antonio Bay?
KAB ANTONIO BAY
3. In The Omen, before becoming the British ambassador to the United States, Robert Thorn is stationed in which country? France? Italy? Spain?
4. Eel Marsh House is the setting for which horror film? The House On Haunted Hill? The Woman In Black? Crimson Peak?
THE WOMAN IN BLACK
5. In Rosemary’s Baby, Rosemary Woodhouse screams about her child, asking “what have you done to” which body part? Eyes? Teeth? Hands?
6. How many of Sgt Wells’ squad survive until end the end of Dog Soldiers? 5? 3? 1?
7. How many years passed between the original The Crazies, directed by George A Romero and the remake, directed by Breck Eisner? 24? 37? 48?
THIRTY SEVEN (1973 / 2010)
8. Which instalment of Friday The 13th depicts Jason stalking New York? Sixth? Eighth? Tenth?
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN
9. What nationality is Sarah Carter in The Descent? American? Irish? Scottish?
10. In his cameo at the start of The Birds, Alfred Hitchcock can be seen walking two dogs. These are in fact his own dogs. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Nightmare On Elm Street / A Nightmare On Elm Street 7: New Nightmare / (8) Freddy Vs Jason
Poster: A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
Actor: Robert Englund