[09 October 2016]
Genre – There’s good cocks, bad cocks and then there’s Pullett
The Shotgun Joneses
Genre – The b-movie bashers
Genre – Hired by a vengeful Nadia G, Rooster Cock-burn travels to (chicken) Maryland in search of catfish and shrimp
Children Of Hen
Genre – Dystopian thriller where Clive Owen has to impregnate a chicken to ensure the survival of the human race
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Analyse That is the sequel to which film?
2. George Clooney and Sandra Bullock appeared in which 2013 science fiction film?
3. Pierce Brosnan appeared in how many James Bond films?
4. Which actors wrote the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (one point per correct answer)
BEN AFFLECK / MATT DAMON
5. Who directed 2011’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?
6. What breed of dog do Jenny and John adopt in Marley & Me?
7. Which film starred James McAvoy, Keira Knightley and Saoirse Ronan?
8. Which X-Men film featured the first appearance of Nightcrawler?
9. Which iconic 1973 horror film was disastrously remade in 2006?
THE WICKER MAN
10. The NSEA Protector is the name of the ship in which science fiction parody?
ROUND II: Filming [Universal Horror Special]
1. Who voiced the role of Rocky the rooster in Chicken Run? Danny Glover? Mel Gibson? Joe Pesci?
2. Little Nicky takes place in which US city? Chicago? Los Angeles? New York?
NEW YORK CITY
3. Chicken Little starring Zach Braff was released in which year? 2001? 2005? 2011?
4. In Back To The Future Part III Marty avoids getting into a car accident with which make of car? Bentley? Aston Martin? Rolls Royce?
5. Which of the following comedies features a chicken on the poster? The Hangover? Hot Shots Part Deux? Old School?
HOT SHOTS PART DEUX
6. In Withnail & I, Withnail and Marwood go on holiday in which part of the UK? Lake District? Peak District? Cornwall?
7. Babel was nominated for 7 Oscars. How many did it win? One? Three? Six?
8. Who directed Space Jam? Richard Martin? Bill Bannerman? Joe Pytka?
9. In 1970’s Five Easy Pieces, Bobby (Jack Nicholson) is having trouble ordering an omelette and toast, so he orders a toasted chicken salad sandwich without the salad or chicken. The waitress asks “You want me to hold the chicken, huh?” How does Bobby respond? Only have to hold it to throw it against a wall? Sure, hold it under water for all I care? I want you to hold it between your knees?
I WANT YOU TO HOLD IT BETWEEN YOUR KNEES
10. There is a quote in Watchmen saying “I’m so glad I ordered the four legged chicken” as a nod to a panel in the comic in which a four legged chicken is served in a restaurant. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “Progress peaked with the frozen pizza”?
DIE HARD 2
2. What is the name of Sarah Conor’s pet iguana in The Terminator?
3. The following songs are from which Disney animated film: Higitus Figitus, That’s What Makes The World Go Round and Mad Madam Mim?
THE SWORD IN THE STONE
4. Who starred in The Truth About Cats & Dogs, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Pulp Fiction?
5. Who provided the voice of Prince Charming in Shrek II?
6. Spike Lee’s Inside Man was released in which year?
7. What is the name of the Nova Corps prison in Guardians Of The Galaxy?
8. What did Edgar Wright direct in 2007?
9. What was the full title of Sin City 2?
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR
10. Which four actors make up the title group in The Untouchables? (one point per correct answer)
KEVIN COSTNER / SEAN CONNERY / ANDY GARCIA / CHARLES MARTIN SMITH
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not appear in The Fifth Element? Lee Evans? Simon Russell Beale? Luke Perry?
SIMON RUSSELL BEALE
2. What is the name of the weapon of the gods, central to the plot of Tarsem Singh’s Immortals? The Aeschylus Trident? The Sword Of Achilles? The Epirus Bow?
THE EPIRUS BOW
3. What is the alias of Roy, the de-facto leader of the core trio in Mystery Men? The Blue Raja? The Shoveler? Mr Furious?
4. Boyhood was filmed over how many years? 9? 11? 13?
5. The following quote is from which film, “What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad but that you’re that pissed that so many others had it good”? As Good As It Gets? About Schmidt? Anger Management?
AS GOOD AS IT GETS
6. Rian Johnson’s film Brick, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt technically belongs to which genre? Noir? Western? Horror?
7. Escape From New York was released in which year? 1981? 1983? 1986?
8. Which of the following actors has not played the title role in an adaptation of The Island Of Dr Moreau? John Lithgow? Marlon Brando? Burt Lancaster?
9. Which of the following composers worked on The Silence Of The Lambs, Gangs Of New York and Twilight: Eclipse? James Newton Howard? Howard Shore? Tom Holkenborg?
10. Damien’s smile at the end of The Omen was not intentional. Richard Donner told Harvey Spencer Stephens not to mess around and he smirked before turning around. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: V For Vendetta / Thor: The Dark World / Black Swan
Actor: Natalie Portman