[11 September 2016]
The Creature From The Cilla Black Lagoon
Genre – Scouse monster horrifies holidaymakers with her scary big teeth
Fun With Dick And Lon.. With Sexy Results
Genre – Road movie starring Lon Chaney and former US Secretary Of Defence Dick Cheney travelling to Wally World
The Vincent Price Is Right
Genre – Horrifying game show where contestants have to guess the cost of their own funeral
Genre – Come to Mummy
Genre – Frankenstein making love to Catwoman startles the Invisible Man
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor, is about which ancient ruler?
2. Amelie is set in which country?
3. What type of animal is Bambi in the film of the same name?
4. The infamous Minions first appeared in which film?
5. Who was the lead villain in Spider-Man 2?
6. Who played the lead role in The Hurt Locker?
7. How many Star Trek films have been released to date?
8. Ted was released in which year?
9. Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman starred together in which film?
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “In the spring of 1980 the port of Mariel Harbor was opened and thousands set sail for the United States. They came in search of the American Dream. One of them found it on the sun washed avenues of Miami.. wealth, power and passion beyond his wildest dreams. He was Tony Montana but the world will remember him by another name..”?
ROUND II: Filming [Universal Horror Special]
1. Who played the title role in 1931’s Dracula? Boris Karloff? Bela Lugosi? Lon Chaney?
2. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Warning! The monster demands a mate!” Night Monster? The Phantom Of The Opera? Bride Of Frankenstein?
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
3. Dr Jack Griffin is the lead character in which film? The Invisible Man? Frankenstein? The Mad Doctor Of Market Street?
THE INVISIBLE MAN
4. The Wolf Man was released in which year? 1932? 1937? 1941?
5. What is the name of the tramp steamer in Creature From The Black Lagoon? Audrey? Katherine? Rita?
6. Reading aloud from what document causes Imhotep to rise from the grave in The Mummy? The book of the dead? The scroll of Thoth? The diary of Horus?
THE SCROLL OF THOTH
7. In The Man Who Laughs, Gwynplaine’s face is disfigured into a permanent smile but what happens to his father? Executed in an iron maiden? Hung, drawn and quartered? Boiled in oil?
EXECUTED IN AN IRON MAIDEN
8. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame is set in which year? 1210? 1482? 1674?
9. Why does Dr Mirakle abduct young virgins in Murders In The Rue Morgue? To feed them to the ape-like creature that terrorises him? To breed an heir to continue his work? To inject them with ape blood to form a hybrid?
TO INJECT THEM WITH APE BLOOD TO FORM A HYBRID WHO CAN ACT AS A MATE FOR HIS TALKING APE, ERIK
10. The grisly nature of The Raven (dealing with torture, disfigurement and revenge) was a bit strong for 1935 audiences and led to a temporary ban on horror films in England. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the names of the three individuals who get lost in the woods in The Blair Witch Project? (one point per correct answer)
HEATHER / JOSH / MICHAEL
2. What instrument does Garth play in Wayne’s World?
3. Which film starred Jeff Goldblum, Clancy Brown, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd and Peter Weller?
THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI ACROSS THE 8TH DIMENSION
4. Finish the following quote from a 1990 sequel, “No wonder this circuit failed, it says..”
MADE IN JAPAN
5. Bad Grandpa was nominated for an Oscar in which category?
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN HAIR AND MAKEUP
6. How many bullets does Man have in his pistol at the start of The Road (to clarify, not including the flashback sequences)?
7. How many years passed between the release of the original Gojira and the latest American remake by Gareth Edwards?
SIXTY YEARS (1954 / 2014)
8. Who directed Love Actually, The Boat That Rocked and About Time?
9. Of Jack Nicholson’s three acting Oscars, how many are for supporting roles?
10. The following is a description of which film: Jack Powell adjusts to life with an exaggerated form of Werner syndrome, meaning he is aging four times faster than other children?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which song does Olive dance to in Little Miss Sunshine? Pour Some Sugar On Me? Super Freak? Girls Girls Girls?
2. In Buried which of the following is not on Paul’s person when he wakes up? Lighter? Wallet? Knife?
3. Which of the following actors was born in the 20th Century (1900s)? James Cagney? Humphrey Bogart? Clark Gable?
CLARK GABLE (Gable was born in 1901, Cagney and Bogart both born in 1899)
4. How many men initially try to rob the First Brooklyn Savings Bank in Dog Day Afternoon? 3? 4? 5?
THREE (Sonny and Sal are abandoned by Stevie very early on)
5. Unbreakable was released in which year? 1999? 2000? 2001?
6. Which of the following has not appeared in a Quentin Tarantino directed film? Mike Meyers? Chris Tucker? Christian Slater?
7. In Primer, when Abe first goes back in time, how far back does he travel? One day? Six hours? Ten minutes?
8. Which of the following cast members of Dark Shadows does not play someone related to Barnabas Collins? Michelle Pfeiffer? Helena Boham Carter? Jonny Lee Miller?
HELENA BONHAM CARTER
9. What is the subtitle of the Matthew Vaughn film Kingsman? The Secret Service? Gentlemen Spies? Knights Of The Realm?
THE SECRET SERVICE
10. The original cast for Crimson Peak was Benedict Cumberbatch and Emma Stone, before being replaced by Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Rush Hour / The Forbidden Kingdom / Kung Fu Panda 2
Poster: Enter The Dragon
Actor: Jackie Chan