[31 July 2016]
True Lies And False Hopes
Genre – We predict no team name will be good enough to win this week
True Blue Harvest Lies
Genre – The taskers help the Ewoks stop the Empire turning Endor blue
The David Lynch Mob
Genre – Period gang warfare mystery horror
We CAN Handle The Truth!
Genre – Jack Nicholson changed his mind
Boyz N The Falsehood
Genre – Straight outta nowhere, a gang of inner-city youths join a gang.. or do they?
Genre – True or False: Jason Bourne got his memory erased so he could forget his sketchy past
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Scarlett Johansson’s character in Luc Besson’s Lucy?
2. What type of animal is the title character in Jaws?
3. How many Iron Man films have been made to date?
4. What colour is Belle’s gown in Beauty And The Beast?
5. What was the title of the first James Bond film?
6. Who played the lead role in Meet Joe Black?
7. What is the title of the third Twilight film?
8. In which film does Will Smith play a military scientist and one of the last surviving humans in New York?
I AM LEGEND
9. Which film studio’s logo features a mountain arced with several stars?
10. Disney released Cinderella, Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady And The Tramp and Sleeping Beauty in which decade?
ROUND II: Filming [True/False Special]
1. The word zombie is never used in Night Of The Living Dead. True or False?
2. All the scenes that take place inside the matrix are tinted green. True or False?
3. The guitar smashed up in The Hateful Eight by Kurt Russell was an antique from the 1870’s on loan, not the intended prop. True or False?
4. Buzz’s girlfriend in Home Alone is a picture of a boy in a wig because Chris Columbus believed casting a girl to be ridiculed would be cruel. True or False?
5. Stanley Kubrick made sure Alex had a pet snake in A Clockwork Orange after he found out Malcolm McDowell had a fear of reptiles. True or False?
6. Due to contract obligations, Frank Sinatra had to be offered the role of John McClane in Die Hard. True or False?
7. Laurence Fishburne lied about being 17 to secure his role in Apocalypse Now, being only 14 at the time. True or False?
8. A History Of Violence was the last major Hollywood film released on VHS. True or False?
9. Jim Caviezel was struck by lightning during the crucifixion scene in The Passion Of The Christ. True or False?
10. The cigarettes smoked in Stand By Me were made from cabbage leaves. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many members made up the Nostromo crew in Alien (excluding Jones)?
SEVEN (Dallas, Ripley, Ash, Kane, Parker, Lambert, Brett)
2. What was the name of Stanley Ipkiss’ dog in The Mask?
3. The song “Ding dong, the witch is dead” is about which character in The Wizard Of Oz?
THE WICKED WITCH OF THE EAST
4. What is the title of the Nicolas Cage film in which he plays a successful single New York broker who wakes up Christmas morning as a father of two in New Jersey?
THE FAMILY MAN
5. Battle Los Angeles was released in which year?
6. What was the name given to the flesh-eating subterranean humans in The Time Machine?
7. What are the respective titles of the films making up the Divergent series (one point per correct answer)
DIVERGENT / INSURGENT / ALLEGIANT / ASCENDANT
8. What was used to make the clashing swords spark in the final scene of Highlander?
9. What is the surname of the main family in The Godfather (Don Vito, Michael, Sonny, etc)?
10. The following quote is from which film, “Right now there is a whole entire generation that never knew anything that didn’t come out of this tube. This tube is the gospel, the ultimate revelation; this tube can make or break presidents, popes, ministers”?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the title of the sequel to The Ipcress File, starring Michael Caine? The Iron Curtain? The Hong Kong Bureau? Funeral In Berlin?
FUNERAL IN BERLIN
2. What was the name of the female lead (playing the role of Claire Phelps) in Mission: Impossible? Nina Petri? Emmanuelle Béart? Lorella Cravotta?
3. Which of the following dinosaurs does not feature in The Lost World: Jurassic Park? Ankylosaurus? Parasaurolophus? Pachycephalosaurus?
4. How many minutes of screen time does Darth Vader have in Star Wars? 12? 26? 47?
5. Which artist did Kirk Douglas portray in Lust For Life? Leonardo Da Vinci? Vincent Van Gogh? Pablo Picasso?
VINCENT VAN GOGH
6. In production terms, what does the swing gang do? Last minute set decorators? A composer’s note takers? Caretakers of actor’s trailers?
LAST MINUTE SET DECORATORS
7. Of the nineteen Pokemon films made to date, how many have been released in UK cinemas? 3? 9? 16?
8. Which of the following songs does not feature in West Side Story? One hand, one heart? Somewhere? So long, farewell?
SO LONG, FAREWELL (from Sound Of Music)
9. What colour is the lifeboat in Life Of Pi? Blue? White? Yellow?
10. The MPAA would only allow the release of Meet The Fockers if the studio could prove that a family living in America had the surname Focker. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Bridesmaids / Knocked Up / How To Train Your Dragon 2
Poster: Whip It
Actor: Kristen Wiig