[06 June 2016]
Being Mr Rogers
Genre – Steve Rogers retires to become a sweater-vest wearing neighbour
Caps Lock America
Genre – British superhero Brian Blessed convinces the entire USA to ditch lowercase letters in online discourse
“Better Get One Of The Captain”
Genre – After being unfrozen, Captain America takes a picture of ‘himself’ to check he’s still ‘intact’
Saving Private Bucky
Genre – When Cappy met Bucky
Hydra Think We’re Gonna Win?
Genre – Captain A says ‘Nay’
Genre – A tale of how Captain America got laid after nearly seven decades in the ice
Genre – Unclassified
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Beneath The Planet Of The Apes is the sequel to which film?
PLANET OF THE APES
2. What type of animal is Babe in the film of the same name?
3. Sean Connery, Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig have all played which character?
4. The aliens in 1953’s War Of The Worlds are from which planet?
5. Who has directed the live-action Transformers films, to date?
6. What is the name of the sequel to Disney’s The Rescuers?
THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER
7. Good Will Hunting, Dogma and Ocean’s Eleven all starred which actor?
8. The Oscar winning musical Oliver! was released in which year?
9. Rodan, King Ghidorah and Mothra are all recurring characters in which Japanese franchise?
GODZILLA / GOJIRA
10. In which film did Gregory Peck play Atticus Finch?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
ROUND II: Filming [Captain America special]
1. Who plays the role of Captain America in the MCU? Sebastian Stan? Chris Evans? Chris Pratt?
2. What was the subtitle of the first Captain America film? Origins? Super Soldier? The First Avenger?
THE FIRST AVENGER
3. T’Challa is crown prince of which fictional nation in Captain America: Civil War? Genosha? Latveria? Wakanda?
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier was released in which year? 2013? 2014? 2015?
5. What is the colour of the Infinity Stone used to create Vision in Avengers: Age Of Ultron? Yellow? Blue? Red?
6. Who composed the score for The Avengers? Alan Silvestri? Tyler Bates? Ramin Djawadi?
7. Which character said the following, “You wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations. I have seen the future Captain, there are no flags”? Arnim Zola? Red Skull? Alexander Pierce?
8. What is the name of the counter-terrorism group headed by Captain America and Black Widow in Captain America: The Winter Soldier? HAMMER? STRIKE? SWORD?
STRIKE (Special Tactical Reserve for International Key Emergencies)
9. How many individuals are present in the Triskelion office when Pym tenders his resignation at the start of Ant-Man? Six? Five? Four?
FOUR (Hank Pym, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Mitchell Carson)
10. Thor: The Dark World was the first Marvel film not set in the United States. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the titles of all the Bourne films released to date? (one point per correct answer)
THE BOURNE IDENTITY / THE BOURNE SUPREMACY / THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM / THE BOURNE LEGACY
2. What is the name of the song that plays on the radio every morning in Groundhog Day?
I GOT YOU BABE
3. Who directed The Rainmaker, Jack and Rumble Fish?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
4. How long has The Truman Show been on the air before Truman starts to suspect the world around him?
5. The following films all featured which actor, Bananas, Cobra, Spy Kids 3D: Game Over and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot?
6. What does Turing have printed in newspapers to recruit people to his cryptography team in The Imitation Game?
A CROSSWORD PUZZLE
7. In Snatch, Boris Yurinov has two nicknames, name them. (one point per correct answer)
BORIS THE BLADE / BORIS THE BULLET DODGER
8. Finish the following quote from The Dark Knight, “Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes chaos”.
I’M AN AGENT OF CHAOS
9. 2013’s The Lone Ranger received how many Oscar nominations?
TWO (visual effects and makeup/hairstyling)
10. Which film starred Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen, Brad Pitt and Susan Sarandon?
THELMA & LOUISE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who directed Double Indemnity? Billy Wilder? Clarence Brown? Frank Capra?
2. What is the name of the horse that Lonnegan loses his money on in The Sting? Desperate Dan? Lucky Dan? Fancy Dan?
3. The following quote is from which film, “I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do”? Ex Machina? I, Robot? 2001: A Space Odyssey?
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
4. In Lost In Translation, Bob Harris is in Japan to promote what type of alcoholic drink? Whiskey? Vodka? Sake?
5. Bing Bong is a character in which Pixar film? The Good Dinosaur? Inside Out? Wall-E?
6. Who played the title role in Mr Smith Goes To Washington? James Stewart? Clark Gable? Gary Cooper?
7. Who received top billing on the poster for 1997’s LA Confidential? Russell Crowe? Kim Basinger? Kevin Spacey?
8. What colour chess pieces does Antonius Block play with in The Seventh Seal? White? Black? Red?
9. What is the first dinosaur featured in Jurassic Park? Brachiosaurus? Velociraptor? Triceratops?
10. The studio heads at Warner Bros threatened to fire John Huston for the amount of smoking in The Maltese Falcon, believing that audience members would want to step outside and smoke rather than watch the film. True or False?
TRUE (scenes were reshot but lost a lot of tension and heavy smoking was reinstated)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Withnail & I / Corpse Bride / Garfield: A Tale Of Two Kitties
Poster: Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Actor: Richard E Grant