[22 May 2016]
You Had Me At Cello
Genre – A sexy cellist starts an orchestral orgy
Mr Holland’s Octopus
Genre – A sub-aqua symphony
The Artists Formerly Known As Steam Boat Willies
Genre – A failing quiz team resort to composing movie scores for straight to DVD titles
Lord Of The Sings
Genre – Howard Shore will win us the quiz
We’re Not Justin Bieber; He’s Just A Construct
Genre – Tween pop; or not
Genre – Harrowing drama
Buck Rodgers And MC Hammerstein
Genre – Brigadoon in the future
Matt Stogdon: The Musical
Genre – A man must prepare for a film quiz every two weeks, featuring Brian Blessed as Matt
Edward Zimmer Hans
Genre – Vincent Price invents a music man who captures the heart of Hollywood
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. La Haine was set and filmed in which country? [bonus point for naming the city]
2. How many individuals make up the Ghsotbusters team in the film of the same name?
3. What is the name of Alan Rickman’s character in the Harry Potter films?
4. “There can be only one” is a repeated line from which film series?
5. What is the alias of the killer in the Saw series?
6. Who played the lead role of Topper Harley in Hot Shots and its sequel?
7. Disney’s Basil The Great Mouse Detective is based on which fictional character?
8. What is the title of the 2007 comedy about teen pregnancy starring Ellen Page and Michael Cera?
9. What household device is used to exit the matrix in the film of the same name?
10. What colour is Fiona’s hair in Shrek?
ROUND II: Filming [Movie Score special]
1. The Lord Of The Rings / Howard Shore
2. Inception / Hans Zimmer
3. Star Trek / Michael Giacchino
4. Requiem For A Dream / Clint Mansell
5. Jurassic Park / John Williams
6. Escape From New York / John Carpenter
7. Iron Man 3 / Brian Tyler
8. Once Upon A Time In The West / Ennio Morricone
9. The Social Network / Trent Reznor
10. Lawrence Of Arabia / Maurice Jarre
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Pete Mitchell, Charlotte Blackwood, Nick Bradshaw and Tom Kazanski are the lead characters in which film?
2. Which actor has appeared in prominent roles in all of Steve McQueen’s features to date?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “America was born in the streets”?
GANGS OF NEW YORK
4. The opening, pre-titles sequence in Casino Royale takes place in which European city?
5. How many X-Men films have been released to date (including solo features)
NINE (X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse)
6. What is the full title of the Sacha Baron Cohen comedy, Borat?
BORAT: CULTURAL LEARNINGS OF AMERICA FOR MAKE BENEFIT GLORIOUS NATION OF KAZAKHSTAN
7. Nicolas Cage played Benjamin Franklin Gates in which film series?
8. What is the name of the vessel on course for the sun in Danny Boyle’s Sunshine?
9. How many films about Herbie do not have Herbie in the title?
ONE (The Love Bug)
10. What did Steven Spielberg direct in between The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How long does the ‘contest’ take place in Battle Royale (how many days do the students have to kill each other)? 3 days? 5 days? 7 days?
2. Which of the following films did not star Tommy Lee Jones? The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada? Under Siege? Mississippi Burning?
3. How many feature films has Lars Von Trier directed (counting Nymphomaniac Parts 1 & 2 as one)? 14? 28? 46?
4. Clint Eastwood runs a gym called the Hit Pit in which film? Tightrope? The Rookie? Million Dollar Baby?
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
5. What is the only food that Oh Dae-su is fed while imprisoned in Oldboy? Dumplings? Noodles? Sushi?
6. Which of the following did not appear in 2006’s The Queen? James Cromwell? Michael Sheen? Dominic Cooper?
7. What was the title of Wes Anderson’s debut feature film? Rushmore? Bottle Rocket? Election?
8. Max Bialystock and Leopold Bloom are the lead characters in which film? See No Evil, Hear No Evil? The Producers? Blazing Saddles?
9. What is the name of the fictitious band that William Miller follows around in Almost Famous? Stiltskin? Stitches? Stillwater?
10. 2001’s Monsoon Wedding tells the story of four weddings and a funeral in Delhi. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: X-Men: First Class / The Hunger Games: Catching Fire / Silver Linings Playbook
Poster: The Beaver
Actor: Jennifer Lawrence