[24 April 2016]
Captain America: Quizil War
Genre – Earth’s mightiest film geeks collide over pop culture
The Quill And The Dead
Genre – Fastest draw wins, the pen is mightier than the word
2B Or Not 2B
Genre – Shakespeare’s indecision at pencil choosing causes loss at Norwich film quiz
Redrum And Coke
Genre – Body Horror
Who Let George R R Martin Write 2016
Genre – The only people left alive are Jagger, Jovi and Bieber.. on second thoughts, take Bieber
Genre – Miles Davies biopic: the greatest arse-blowing jazz trumpeter
Drawing Miss Daisy
Genre – Miss Daisy’s driver draws her like one of his French girls
The Spoon Collectors
Genre – Proud owners of four last-place spoons
There Will Be Ink
Genre – “I draw your milkshake”
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Lou Costello and William Abbott were better known by what alias?
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO
2. What pet name does Gollum give the one ring in The Lord Of The Rings?
3. Who played the role of Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop?
4. What was the subtitle of the second JJ Abrams Star Trek film?
5. Jim Carrey played a Pet Detective in which 1994 film?
ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE
6. Which film featured the line, “I love you all and, oh, Auntie Em, there’s no place like home”?
THE WIZARD OF OZ
7. Name one of the villains in Disney’s Robin Hood.
PRINCE JOHN / THE SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM / SIR HISS / TRIGGER / NUTSY
8. How many Ice Age films have been released to date (not including the upcoming Collision Course)?
9. What were the titles of the two Bond films starring Timothy Dalton? (one point per correct answer)
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS / LICENCE TO KILL
10. Michael Madsen played which character in Reservoir Dogs?
ROUND II: Filming [Drawing Round special]
1. Draw a spinning top from Inception.
2. Draw Captain America’s shield.
3. Draw Jaws (the shark rather than the Bond villain).
4. Draw Mike Wazowski from Monster’s Inc.
5. Draw the Batman logo (only film versions).
6. Fill in the incomplete poster for Forrest Gump.
7. Draw Wall-E.
8. Draw the Silence Of The Lambs poster.
9. Draw Eric Draven’s make-up from The Crow.
10. Draw an AT-AT Walker from the Star Wars franchise.
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. List all the Die Hard films, including subtitles. (one point per correct answer)
DIE HARD / DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER / DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE / DIE HARD 4.0 (also LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD) / A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD
2. Michael Keaton starred in which 2005 horror film?
3. John Musker and Ron Clements have directed six Disney animated films (seven if you include the upcoming Moana). Name one of them.
THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE / THE LITTLE MERMAID / ALADDIN / HERCULES / TREASURE PLANET / THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG
4. V For Vendetta was released in which year?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Now witness the fire power of this fully armed and operational battle station”?
STAR WARS: EPISODE VI – RETURN OF THE JEDI
6. Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom, Naomi Watts and Geoffrey Rush starred together in which Australian film?
7. Which production company was set up by Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall in 1981?
8. Esteban Vihaio, Rufus and Boss Koji are characters that appear in which volume of Kill Bill?
9. What is the title of Georges Melies’ iconic and most recognised silent film?
VOYAGE TO THE MOON (one point) / LA VOYAGE DANS LA LUNE (two points)
10. In Man On Fire, Pita is kidnapped after attending a music lesson. Which instrument is she learning how to play?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following was not directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet? Micmacs? Caché? A Very Long Engagement?
2. What is the title of the 1964 Japanese film about two women who kill passing samurai then sell their weapons and armour, only to be cursed by one victim’s mask? Onibaba? Gate Of Hell / Jigokumon? A Page Of Madness?
3. Which film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1962 (34th Academy Awards)? West Side Story? To Kill A Mockingbird? Cleopatra?
WEST SIDE STORY
4. Troy Bolton, Gabriella Montez and Sharpay Evans are characters in which film? Hannah Montana: The Movie? Camp Rock? High School Musical?
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
5. Which of the following has not appeared in any of The Expendables films? Kelsey Grammer? Steven Segal? Stone Cold Steve Austin?
6. The following is a quote from which film, “Newsflash Ray, we ain’t never been friends. We’ve just been stuck together for twelve years!”? The Shawshank Redemption? Cool Hand Luke? Life?
7. Who wrote the score for The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? Stelvio Cipraini? Ennio Morricone? Ludovico Einaudi?
8. The Candyman, in the film of the same name, can be summoned by saying his name into a mirror how many times? Three? Five? Seven?
9. Of all Studio Ghibli’s films, two were released on the same day. Which two? Grave Of The Fireflies & My Neighbour Totoro? Only Yesterday & Porco Rosso? Princess Mononoke & My Neighbours The Yamadas?
GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES & MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO (16-Apr-1988)
10. For his first five on-screen appearances Jack Nicholson was credited under his real name, James Furcillo. True or False?
FALSE (John Joseph Nicholson but always credited as Jack Nicholson)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Domino / Atonement / Anna Karenina
Poster: Bend It Like Beckham
Actor: Keira Knightley