[28 February 2016]
The Rookie Wookies
Genre – How do you like your steak? Chewy
Episode VIII: Nevermore
Genre – Edgar Allen Poe Dameron loses his ability to fly fighters and takes up poetry
Genre – It’s a quiz! – Sci-fi parody
Sleepless In Jakku
Genre – Meg and Tom meet at the top of Cloud City and have dinner with Lando
Cold Sores: The Lipped Menace
Genre – A new fragrance from Solo
Bar Wars: The Hangover Awakens
Genre – A coming of underage stag-do in space
The Darjeeling Limited
Genre – Wes Anderson’s story of a tea merchant’s journey, brewing with excitement
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Marvel’s Ant-Man tells the origin story of which superhero?
2. Flynn Rider, Mother Gothel, Pascal, Maximus and Rapunzel are characters in which Disney film?
3. Who plays the lead role in Gravity?
4. Who directed Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels?
5. In The Emperor’s New Groove, Kuzco is transformed into what animal?
6. What is the subtitle of the Alan Partridge film?
7. Sam Neil, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Richard Attenborough starred in which film?
8. John Goodman and Rick Moranis starred in the 90’s live-action adaptation of which cartoon series?
9. What was the title of the sequel to Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
10. What colour war paint do the Scots wear in Braveheart?
ROUND II: Filming [Star Wars: The Force Awakens special]
1. What is the serial number of Poe’s spherical droid? BB-8? EV-9D9? IG-88?
2. What colour is C3PO’S left arm? Blue? Green? Red?
3. Rey first meets Finn on which planet? Tatooine? Jakku? Kamino?
4. Who plays the role of General Hux? Domnall Gleeson? Andy Serkis? Ken Leung?
5. What is Kylo Ren’s birth name? Jacen? Ben? Luke?
6. Finish the following quote, “We’ll see each other again, I believe that.”. May the force be with you? But you could come with me? Thank you, my friend?
THANK YOU, MY FRIEND
7. What is Finn’s serial number? FN-1138? FN-2187? FN-3164?
8. What two colours make up Captain Phasma’s cloak? Black and Red? Grey and Blue? Navy and White?
BLACK AND RED
9. How many words are in the opening sequence title crawl? 62? 75? 88?
10. Despite being two of the lead characters, Rey and Poe never interact in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the names of Cooper’s children in Interstellar? (one point per correct answer)
MURPHY / TOM
2. Which film starred Josh Hartnett, Tom Hardy, Ewan McGregor, Orlando Bloom, Eric Bana and Sam Shepard?
BLACK HAWK DOWN
3. How many films has Jon Favreau directed, excluding The Jungle Book?
SEVEN (Made, Elf, Zathura, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Cowboys & Aliens, Chef)
4. Honey, I Shrunk The Kids was released in which year?
5. Which film won the Oscar for best picture in 2013 (85th Academy Awards)?
6. How many posters are used to cover the hole Andy Dufresne is tunnelling in The Shawshank Redemption?
THREE (Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Raquel Welch)
7. Who acted as Producer on Top Gun, Crimson Tide, The Rock, Pirates Of The Caribbean and The Lone Ranger?
8. How is George Valentin saved from his burning house, in The Artist?
HIS DOG ATTRACTS THE ATTENTION OF A POLICEMAN
9. Which character in The Matrix said, “What is real? How do you define real?”?
10. How many policemen make up the title group in The Untouchables?
FOUR (Ness, Malone, Wallace, Stone)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the title of the 1990 film about a racist cop and the ghost of a lawyer, starring Bob Hoskins and Denzel Washington? Heart Condition? Two Hearts One Body? Pains Of The Heart?
2. Margarita Carmen Cansino was the birth name of which famous actress? Rita Hayworth? Ava Gardner? Katherine Hepburn?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Eight legs, two fangs and an attitude”? Eight Legged Freak? Arachnophobia? Charlotte’s Webb?
4. Which of the following countries is not depicted in The Monuments Men? Belgium? Austria? Spain?
5. The following is a quote from which Mel Brooks film, “There’s only one man who would dare give me the raspberry”? Young Frankenstein? Spaceballs? Blazing Saddles?
6. What was the title of the film that features, Kirk, Michael and Cameron (three generations of) Douglas? Family Traits? My Father’s Son? It Runs In The Family?
IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY
7. In Edge Of Tomorrow, Rita Vrataski is known by two nicknames, which of the following is not one of them? The Full Metal Bitch? The Blonde Reaper? The Angel Of Verdun?
THE BLONDE REAPER
8. The title character from Get Carter returns to his home city for his brother’s funeral. Which city is it? London? Newcastle? Belfast?
9. The following quote is from which film, “You think them things are dogs? Go out there and try feeding them some Pedigree Chum! They’re aliens, love”? The World’s End? Paul? Attack The Block?
ATTACK THE BLOCK
10. In Kill Bill, the words FUCK U are printed on the soles of Beatrix’s shoes. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Erin Brockovich / Runaway Bride / Hook
Poster: Steel Magnolias
Actor: Julia Roberts