[03 January 2016]
The Great Dane-ish Girl
Genre – Dog turns woman
Genre – Documentary about four dogs who form a quartet after being digitally replaced
Big Willy Doggy Style
Genre – Will Smith voices Willy, a horny animated dog in this animated family comedy
Genre – Brad Pittbull and Edwoof Norton start an underground dog fighting ring
Get That Quiz Away From Her You Bitch
Genre – In space nobody can hear you bark
Paw Abiding Citizen
Genre – Woof woof the dogs abide
Genre – Cujo’s brother who learnt to channel his anger into knowledge
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the nickname of the lead character in the 2009 film, Precious?
2. Paranormal Activity, Dracula and Fright Night are all part of which genre?
3. What was the title of the sequel to Grumpy Old Men?
GRUMPIER OLD MEN
4. Who starred in Big Daddy, Punch-Drunk Love and Hotel Transylvania?
5. Rob Roy is set in which country?
6. Who directed Gladiator?
7. Bob Parr, Helen, Violet, Dashiell, Syndrome and Frozone are characters in which film?
8. Ray, starring Jamie Foxx, is a biopic about which musician?
9. Independence Day was released in which year?
10. What is the title of the Sylvester Stallone written franchise which features an ensemble of ageing action stars?
ROUND II: Filming [Dogs special]
1. Pongo and Perdita are the lead characters in which film? Lady And The Tramp? Bolt? One Hundred And One Dalmatians?
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS
2. What type of dog is Beethoven in the film of the same name? German Shepherd? St Bernard? Irish Wolfhound?
3. Who played the role of Detective Scott Turner in Turner & Hooch? Burt Reynolds? Jim Belushi Tom Hanks?
4. What is the name of the lead dog in All Dogs Go To Heaven? Charlie B Barkin? Buster Bone? Red?
CHARLIE B BARKIN
5. John and Jenny Grogan both work as what, in Marley & Me? Reporters? Advertising Executives? Chefs?
6. Which dog wins the Mayflower Kennel Club Dog Show in Best In Show? Hubert the Bloodhound? Winky the Norwich Terrier? Miss Agnes the Shih Tzu?
WINKY THE NORWICH TERRIER
7. What are the Burnford family doing when they hear Chance barking at the end of Homeward Bound? Going to work? Out for a walk? Playing basketball?
8. Old Yeller was released in which year? 1948? 1957? 1966?
9. How many Air Bud films have been made to date (including any spin-offs)? 3? 8? 14?
(Air Bud / Golden Receiver / World Pup / Seventh Inning Fetch / Spikes Back / Air Buddies / Snow Buddies / Space Buddies / Santa Buddies / Spooky Buddies / Treasure Buddies / Super Buddies / The Search For Santa Paws / Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups)
10. Throughout A Goofy Movie, Goofy is only ever referred to as Dad. True or False?
FALSE (Dad, Mr. Goof, Goof and Goofy once)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who appeared in The Quick And The Dead, Body Of Lies and J Edgar?
2. The lead character in Apocalypto is named after which animal?
3. The Pianist is set in which European city?
4. With eight Academy Award nominations (and one win) who is the most nominated living director?
5. In Little Miss Sunshine, Dwayne takes a vow of silence until he can accomplish his dream of what?
BECOMING A TEST PILOT
6. The Last King Of Scotland is set in which decade?
7. Luc Besson’s Leon is known by what title in America?
8. Which film starred Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman and Maggie Gyllenhaal?
STRANGER THAN FICTION
9. In PS I Love You, Gerry’s letters arrive after Holly’s turns how old?
10. In Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, Sallah meets Marcus Brodie in which country?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which film starred Jamie Foxx, James Woods and Al Pacino? The Kingdom? White House Down? Any Given Sunday?
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
2. In The Pursuit Of Happyness, Chris Gardner takes on an unpaid internship for a potential job as what? A broker? A lawyer? A reporter?
3. Who directed The Good Shepherd? Robert De Niro? Joe Pesci? Ray Liotta?
ROBERT DE NIRO
4. In Point Break, when Bodhi first meets Johnny, he recognises him when he used to play which sport? Baseball? Hockey? American Football?
5. At the start of Insidious, which room does Dalton go into before falling into a coma? The cellar? The attic? The garage?
6. What was the name of the Sean Penn directed film starring Jack Nicholson, Benecio Del Toro and Helen Mirren? The Pledge? The Last Detail? The Evening Star?
7. Which of the following films did not feature John Wayne? Bandolero? In Harm’s Way? Legend Of The Lost?
8. Which film features the following quote, “You’re out of order! You’re out of order! The whole trial’s out of order! They’re out of order!” …And Justice For All? The Accused? The Verdict?
…AND JUSTICE FOR ALL
9. What type of weapon does Kevin use to massacre his classmates in We Need To Talk About Kevin? Hatchett? Bow and Arrow? Meat cleaver?
BOW AND ARROW
10. Ron Howard stepped down from directing The Changeling when he heard Clint Eastwood was interested, thinking he would do a better job. True or False?
FALSE (scheduling conflict, Howard went on to serve as producer)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Reservoir Dogs / The Incredible Hulk / Selma
Poster: To Kill A King
Actor: Tim Roth