[06 December 2015]
Seamen Of The Pequod
Genre – A pod of mariners have a whale of a time
Call Me.. Quiz-shmael
Genre – It’s just a film about a man who hates a fish
Three Willeys Minus One
Genre – One Willey down but we are still going for it!
Willy’s Whale Probe Dick
Genre – A whale travels back in time to seek revenge on the aliens who probed his blow hole and probe them back
Whale-cum To The Jungle
Genre – A documentary following exotic mating patterns of whales migrating to the Amazon
Free Willy (But Not In Public)
Genre – Science Affliction
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Dallas Buyers Club is predominantly set in which US city?
2. The Rocky franchise focuses on which sport?
3. Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar are the lead characters in which comedy series?
4. Which film features Arnold Schwarzenegger trying to acquire a Turbo Man doll for his young son?
JINGLE ALL THE WAY
5. Hugh Jackman plays a former boxer who works with fighting robots in which film?
6. Clueless was released in which year? [bonus point for naming the Jane Austen novel it’s based on]
7. The following songs are from which film: What’s This, Making Christmas and Kidnap The Sandy Claws?
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
8. Gone Baby Gone was which director’s debut?
9. Which actor played the lead role in Mighty Ducks?
10. What is the title of Spielberg’s only World War I film?
ROUND II: Filming [Whales & Dolphins special]
1. In Free Willy, what type of animal is the title character? Sperm Whale? Beluga Whale? Orca/Killer Whale?
ORCA / KILLER WHALE
2. Which actor played the role of Captain Ahab in 1956’s Moby Dick? Rock Hudson? Gregory Peck? William Holden?
3. Which Star Trek film is centred around humpback whales? The Voyage Home? The Final Frontier? Generations?
THE VOYAGE HOME
4. Finding Nemo was released in which year? 2008? 2005? 2003?
5. What is the name of the hammerhead shark, nemesis of the title character, in Flipper? Hammer? Scar? Fin?
6. Whale Rider, the story of a 12 year old girl who wants to become chief of her tribe, is set in which country? New Zealand? Hawaii? Fiji?
7. In Disney’s Pinocchio, Honest John and Gideon sell Pinocchio to a coachman who takes him to a place where he can drink, smoke and gamble. What is this name of this place? Land Of Fun? Magic Kingdom? Pleasure Island?
8. What is the name of the family franchise that stars Harry Connick Jr, Kris Kristofferson, Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman? Whale Tale? Dolphin Tale? Shark Tale?
9. Finish the following quote from The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists, “Some of you are as ugly as a sea cucumber, some of you are closer to being a chair or coat rack than a pirate and..”? Some of you are fish I’ve just dressed up in a hat? Some of you might be figments of my imagination? Some of you can’t even swim?
SOME OF YOU ARE FISH I’VE JUST DRESSED UP IN A HAT
10. Johnny Mnemonic features a digital battle between a whale and a dolphin, who are both trained computer hackers. True of False?
FALSE (although there is a hacker dolphin)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following films were all produced by which country: I Saw The Devil, The Host, Brotherhood and The Throne?
2. What is the name of the Tom Hardy film that takes place solely inside a car?
3. Which film starred James McAvoy, Terence Stamp, Chris Pratt and Morgan Freeman?
4. The factory that Lars and Ernie inherit, in Gore Verbinski’s MouseHunt, produces what?
5. How many Herbie films have been made to date (excluding the Bruce Campbell made-for-TV one)?
FIVE (The Love Bug, Herbie Rides Again, Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, Herbie Goes Bananas, Herbie: Fully Loaded)
6. In The Raid, Rama and his unit make it up how many floors before they are detected by the crime lord running the tower block?
7. The Rippers in Tank Girl are supersoldiers spliced with the genes of which animal?
8. What colour uniforms are worn by the Hurl Scouts in Whip It?
9. What is the ‘terrible awful’ story that Minny submits for Skeeter’s book in The Help?
MADE HILLY HOLBROOK CONSUME TWO SLICES OF CHOCOLATE CAKE LACED WITH EXCREMENT
10. Who directed Vera Drake?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the first film to feature the Beatles? Magical Mystery Tour? Help? A Hard Day’s Night?
A HARD DAY’S NIGHT
2. Which of the following actors has appeared in the most films to date (incl. cameos)? Benedict Cumberbatch? Danny Dyer? Simon Pegg?
DANNY DYER (Dyer-37, Pegg-31, Cumberbatch-23)
3. Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland have only appeared in the same film once. Which one? The Great Train Robbery? Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? Time Bandits?
THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY
4. What is the name of the old man who lives next door to Kevin in Home Alone? Ebenezer? Cratchit? Marley?
5. Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway appeared in which 1968 film? The Towering Inferno? The Thomas Crown Affair? The Cincinnati Kid?
THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR
6. The following quote is from which film, “That’s Rachael and that’s a fucking filthy Jesus-looking motherfucker and they’re kissing. I did it! I fucking nailed you! I’ve hated you for months and now I have fucking evidence that you suck as a person!”? 50/50? (500) Days Of Summer? 10 Things I Hate About You?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I just don’t see the sense of killing people to say that killing people’s wrong”? The Green Mile? 12 Angry Men? Dead Man Walking?
DEAD MAN WALKING
8. The Great Outdoors starred which two actors in the leading male roles? Martin Short and Steve Martin? Dan Aykroyd and John Candy? Tom Hanks and Danny DeVito?
DAN AYKROYD AND JOHN CANDY
9. Which flower plays an important role in 1979’s Escape From Alcatraz? Chrysanthemum? Hyacinth? Iris?
10. Before directing Star Wars, JJ Abrams only has four cinematic directorial credits to his name. True or False?
TRUE (M:I-III, Star Trek, Super 8, Star Trek Into Darkness)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mulan / The Nutty Professor / Beverley Hills Cop
Poster: Vampire In Brooklyn
Actor: Eddie Murphy