[08 November 2015]
Find Out Next Week
Genre – Suspense mystery
I Am Ledge End
Genre – Will Smith’s rock-hard abs allow him to substitute himself for the edge of a cliff
Steam Boat Willies And The Willette
Genre – This boat is full of steam and willies
Some Like It Hoth
Genre – Han and Leia’s tumultuous icy romance takes an unexpected turn
And The Best Team Name Goes To…
Genre – I think we all know where this is going
Chocolate Clockwork Orange
Genre – Sweet with a dangerously bitter twist
Dot, Dot, Dot
Genre – To be continued
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Hotel Rwanda is set in which country?
2. How many James Bond films has Sam Mendes directed to date?
3. What is the name of the lead character in The Hobbit?
4. Who played Danny Ocean in both the original and remake of Ocean’s 11? (one point per correct answer)
FRANK SINATRA / GEORGE CLOONEY
5. Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp starred in which 2013 western?
THE LONE RANGER
6. Who directed The Adventures Of Tintin?
7. In Life Of Pi, Piscine shares a boat with which breeds of animal? (one point per correct answer)
TIGER / ORANGUTAN / HYENA / ZEBRA
8. Which 90s film is about a weatherman who lives the same day over and over?
9. Merida’s outfits in Brave are all variations of which colour?
BLUE (dark teal, turquoise, navy, dark blue)
10. Who voiced the title role in the Stuart Little films?
MICHAEL J FOX
ROUND II: Filming [Cliffhangers special]
1. What do Croker and his gang steal in The Italian Job? Gold? Paintings? A list of every undercover MI6 agent?
2. What is the name of the ice planet in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back? Hoth? Degobah? Yavin 4?
3. Which of the following did not appear in Inception? Eric Roberts? Tom Berenger? Pete Postlethwaite?
4. The following quote is from which film, “The next time you feel like showing off, don’t”? X-Men? X2? X-Men: The Last Stand?
5. The script for The Day The Earth Stood Still have strong references and metaphors to which religion? Buddhism? Christianity? Hinduism?
6. What is the name of the actor who played The Merovingian in The Matrix Reloaded? Nathaniel Lees? Lambert Wilson? Harold Perrineau?
7. Who was Zemeckis’ first choice to play the role of Doc Brown in Back To The Future? Dan Aykroyd? Richard Dreyfuss? John Lithgow?
8. Which of the synths is first to die in Blade Runner? Pris? Leon? Zhora?
9. Who composed the score for In Bruges? Dario Marianelli? Michael Kamen? Carter Burwell?
10. In Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, the scene in which Nick The Greek breaks the glass table wasn’t scripted. It was an accident that was left in then rewritten as a call-back later in the film. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who appeared in Weird Science, Natural Born Killers, Richard III, The Avengers: Age Of Ultron?
ROBERT DOWNEY JR
2. At the start of Calvary, the unknown parishioner explains he will kill Father James on which day of the week?
3. Who directed and starred in the lead role in 1998’s The Horse Whisperer?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Why can’t you be happy for me and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?”?
5. What is the name of the 200 storey tower block in Dredd?
6. Lost In Translation was released in which year?
7. For the majority of the film, what colour is The Grand Budapest Hotel?
8. How many celebrities (excluding Emma Watson) are holed up in James Franco’s house in This Is The End?
SIX (Franco, Rogen, Baruchel, Hill, Robinson, McBride)
9. How many films has actor Joseph Gordon Levitt directed?
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Get the girl, defeat her evil exes, hit love where it hurts”?
SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played the lead roles in When A Man Loves A Woman? Andy Garcia & Meg Ryan? Billy Crystal & Diane Keaton? Matthew Broderick & Goldie Hawn?
ANDY GARCIA & MEG RYAN
2. Who plays the role of Louise Sawyer in Thelma & Louise? Susan Sarandon? Geena Davis? Jodie Foster?
3. Suffering with amnesia in The Muppets Take Manhattan, what alias does Kermit take? Phil? Fred? Floyd?
4. What did Barry Levinson direct in between Good Morning, Vietnam and Avalon? Bugsy? Rain Man? Disclosure?
5. The following quote is from which film, “You dirt-eating piece of slime, you scum-sucking pig, you son of a motherless goat”? The Man With Two Brains? Three Amigos? Roxanne?
6. In Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille’s first victim is a girl who sells which type of fruit? Grapes? Plums? Cherries?
7. Who directed Straw Dogs, The Getaway and The Wild Bunch? Sidney Lumet? Robert Aldrich? Sam Peckinpah?
8. At the start of MASH, two Captains arrive at the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital. What are their names? Ripcord & Flint? Clutch & Roadblock? Duke & Hawkeye?
DUKE & HAWKEYE
9. Which of the following Studio Ghibli films was not directed by Hayao Miyazaki? Princess Mononoke? Laputa: Castle In The Sky? Pom Poko?
POM POKO (Isao Takahata)
10. American Splendor featured Josh Hutcherson, Anton Yelchin, Dave Franco and Miles Teller in early roles as kids dressed as Superman, Batman, Robin and Green Lantern. True or False?
FALSE (except for Josh Hutcherson)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Stardust / Scarface / Dangerous Minds
Poster: The Witches Of Eastwick
Actor: Michelle Pfeiffer