[25 October 2015]
The Hills Have Big Eyes
Genre – A family is stalked by murderous inbred animated characters who are strangely very emotionally relatable
Genre – If after 45 days you are still single, you turn into Michael Fassbender
Genre – Young mother and son are haunted by disturbing thumping noise
Snow Green And The Seven Smaller Than Average Persons
Genre – Politically correct fairy tale
Steamboat Willy And The Willette
Genre – Never changing
I Know What You Did Last Film Quiz
Genre – Horror
Genre – This time the princess shoots vomit instead of ice
Ladies And The Tramp
Genre – Paul needs a shave, there’s spaghetti in his beard
Genre – A household is invaded by a gaggle of uninvited guests
Children Of The Quorn
Genre – More stamina (and less drugs) than Mo Farrah
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the prequel to The Thing, released in 2011?
2. 28 Weeks Later is the sequel to which film?
28 DAYS LATER
3. Which film depicts a photographer and an oncologist chained to a bathroom wall?
4. Who plays David, leader of the vampire gang, in The Lost Boys?
5. Which zombie film starred Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg?
6. Scream was released in which year?
7. Which horror film did Stanley Kubrick direct in between Barry Lyndon and Full Metal Jacket?
8. What We Do In The Shadows is set in which country?
9. What was the title of the horror film Peter Jackson directed in 1996?
10. What is the name of the lead killer in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
ROUND II: Filming [Disney special]
1. What type of animal is Dumbo in the film of the same name? Elephant? Mouse? Whale?
2. The following is the poster tagline for which Disney animated film, “Join the merriest menagerie in the world’s best loved legend”? The Sword In The Stone? Robin Hood? Brother Bear?
3. What is the name of Ariel’s home in The Little Mermaid? Pacifica? Oceana? Atlantica?
4. What is the name of Cinderella’s stepmother in Cinderella? Lady Tremaine? Lady Phipps? Lady Felton?
5. Who voiced the role of Pumbaa in The Lion King? Robert Guillaume? Ernie Sabella? Jim Cummings?
6. Peter Pan was released in which year? 1948? 1950? 1953?
7. The following quote is from which film, “Don’t touch it you fools; might be poison. See? It’s witches brew.”? Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs? The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr. Toad? The Black Cauldron?
SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
8. The magic carpet in Aladdin is a mix of three colours. Which of the following is not one of them? Yellow? Green? Red?
9. When the fairies break Phillip out of Maleficent’s tower in Sleeping Beauty, they arm him with the Sword Of Truth and the Shield Of what? Justice? Righteousness? Virtue?
10. Mother Gothel’s dress in Tangled is styled centuries before the film is set, to emphasise how long she’s been alive. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The night he came home”?
2. Which film co-starred Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt?
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
3. According to Ringu how many years pass between Sadako’s death and the start of the film?
4. According to Sleepy Hollow, the headless horseman was a Hessian mercenary, what nationality is the Hessian? [bonus points for naming the actors who played him]
GERMAN [Ray Park / Christopher Walken]
5. What is the title of Heath Ledger’s only horror film (other than The Brothers Grimm)
THE ORDER / SIN EATER
6. How many women make up the party trapped in the cave in The Descent?
SIX (Juno, Sarah, Beth, Sam, Rebecca, Holly)
7. 2013’s Warm Bodies is based on which Shakespearean play?
ROMEO AND JULIET
8. The Human Centipede is set in which country?
9. Pazuzu is the name of a demon in which film?
10. What is the name of the Nostromo’s computer in Alien?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many people are murdered by Cesare in The Cabinet Of Dr Caligari? 2? 3? 4?
TWO (the town clerk and Alan)
2. The following quote is from which film, “let’s head on down to the cellar and carve ourselves a witch”? The Evil Dead? Evil Dead 2? Army Of Darkness?
EVIL DEAD 2
3. What is the name of the Other in Night Watch (?????? ?????) who has been imprisoned in an owl’s body as a punishment? Svetlana? Ilya? Olga?
4. At the start of The Birds, Mitch tries to buy a pair of lovebirds for his sister’s birthday. How old will his sister be? 11? 22? 33?
5. Which of the following is not a quote from the 2006 remake of The Wicker Man? What’s in the bag, a shark or something? We don’t commit murder here, we’re a deeply religious people? You little liars, Rowan Woodward is your classmate?
WE DON’T COMMIT MURDER HERE, WE’RE A DEEPLY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE
6. What type of building do Roger, Peter and the other survivors hold up in, in Dawn Of The Dead? Army base? Hospital? Shopping mall?
7. 2001’s Brotherhood Of The Wolf is set in which country? France? Spain? Ireland?
8. In Jacob’s Ladder, Jacob is a veteran of which war? Korean War? Vietnam War? World War II?
9. Which of the following films did not feature Vincent Price? The Invisible Man Returns? Cry Of The Banshee? Theatre Of Death?
THEATRE OF DEATH
10. Before settling on The Omen, Richard Donner’s 1976 film was originally called The Antichrist and The Birthmark. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Invasion Of The Body Snatchers / From Dusk Til Dawn / Carrie
Poster: The Craft
Actor: Bruce Campbell