[27 September 2015]
69 Days Of Sodom
Genre – The film Gamorrah but shot in reverse
Spanky Bannister: The Return
Genre – A whisky-fuelled period romp
Genre – Bill Paxton mixes up KY with K2 and attempts to lube up using the world’s second highest mountain
Spank You For Smoking
Genre – The NHS tries a revolutionary new technique for Stoptober
Red Knobs And Pierced Clits
Genre – Disturbing semi-animated sequel to the Angela Lansbury Disney classic
50 Questions Of Quiz
Genre – This quiz is kinkier than the film
Steamboat Willies & Willette
Genre – In this week’s episode, the willies are joined by a willette
Fifty Shades Of Michael Bay
Genre – Robots, whips and explosions
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the annual child murdering contest in The Hunger Games?
THE HUNGER GAMES
2. Which film features Dorothy, Toto, The Wicked Witch Of The West and Professor Marvel?
THE WIZARD OF OZ
3. Which actor starred in Commando, Jingle All The Way and Terminator Genisys?
4. What is the name of the character played by Bruce Campbell in The Evil Dead?
5. 1971 saw the release of Stanley Kubrick’s only x-rated film, what was the title?
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
6. What animal is Bagheera in The Jungle Book?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “An adventure 65 million years in the making”?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Here’s looking at you, kid”?
9. Which series features the characters Dominic Toretto, Letty Ortiz, Luke Hobbs and Brian O’Connor?
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
10. What did Pixar release after Ratatouille but before Up?
ROUND II: Filming [Sadomasochism On Film]
1. The Notorious Bettie Page is about the life of which 50’s pinup? Marilyn Monroe? Bettie Page? Betty Grable?
2. Which of the following did not appear in The Brothers Grimm? Tobey Maguire? Matt Damon? Heath Ledger?
3. E. Edward Grey is the main character in which film? 50 Shades Of Grey? Secretary? Venus In Furs?
4. Which film won the Grand Prize Of The Jury, Best Actor and Best Actress at the 2001 Cannes Film Festival? No Man’s Land? Human Nature? The Piano Teacher?
THE PIANO TEACHER
5. How many actors have played the role of M in the Eon James Bond films? 4? 5? 6?
FOUR (Bernard Lee, Robert Brown, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes)
6. 1975’s Salo: 120 Days Of Sodom was produced by and set in which country? Sweden? Italy? Turkey?
7. The following quote is from which film, “Conversation, like certain parts of the anatomy, always run more smoothly when lubricated”? Panic In Motion? Marquis? Quills?
8. What was the budget for Blue Velvet? 6mil? 22mil? 89mil?
SIX MILLION DOLLARS
9. What is the full title of John Wilmot, Johnny Depp’s character from The Libertine? 6th Earl Of Dorset? 2nd Earl Of Rochester? 1st Earl Of Clarendon?
2ND EARL OF ROCHESTER
10. All the brothel scenes in 1967’s Belle De Jour are tinted blue. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Finish the following quote from Frozen: “Here I stand, in the light of day”
LET THE STORM RAGE ON, THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY
2. The three Sanderson sisters in Hocus Pocus are played by Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and which other actor?
SARAH JESSICA PARKER
3. Duloc is the fictional setting for which film?
4. Which of the six Star Wars films released to date has the longest running time? [bonus point for guessing said runtime]
ATTACK OF THE CLONES [142 mins]
5. Robert De Niro, Bela Lugosi, Kevin James and Aaron Eckhart have all played which literary character?
6. In which film did Tom Cruise play the role of a racecar driver named Cole Trickle?
DAYS OF THUNDER
7. According to Repo! The Genetic Opera, what does the repo man collect?
8. What did David Lynch direct in 1980?
THE ELEPHANT MAN
9. What is Carrie’s surname from the film of the same name?
10. John Goodman has appeared in how many Disney films (animated features, no direct to video sequels incl. Jungle Book 2 – which had a theatrical release)
FIVE (Emperor’s New Groove / Monsters Inc. / Cars / The Prince And The Frog / Monsters University)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was Alfred Hitchcock’s highest grossing film at the box office? The Birds? Rear Window? Psycho?
PSYCHO ($50mil, RW $36mil, TB $11mil)
2. The following quote is from which film, “Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back”? Gladiator? Spartacus? Ben-Hur?
3. Who directed 1900, Last Tango In Paris and The Last Emperor? Wim Wenders? Jean-Pierre Dardenne? Bernardo Bertolucci?
4. How many Halloween films have been made (excluding the remake and its sequel)? 8? 10? 12?
5. Which of the lead minions from the Despicable Me series has one eye? Kevin? Stuart? Bob?
6. In the live action Disney release, Maleficent, what type of bird is Maleficent’s spy and confidant, Diaval? Crow? Raven? Vulture?
7. Which of the following is not a Woody Allen film? Heart Of Glass? Cassandra’s Dream? The Purple Rose Of Cairo?
HEART OF GLASS
8. How many years passed between the release of The Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000? 18? 20? 22?
9. Who composed the score for Argo? Alexandre Desplat? Harry Gregson-Williams? Trevor Rabin?
10. Steven Spielberg chose to shoot the majority of E.T. from the eye-level of a child, to further connect with Elliot and E.T. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas / Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides / Sleepy Hollow
Poster: Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Actor: Johnny Depp