[13 September 2015]
Inventively Mobile Dancing Badgers
Genre – The other IMDb
I Haven’t Been Quizzed Like That Since Grade School
Genre – After his quiz night explodes the quizmaster is forced to replace all his items from Ikea
Plan 9 From Oxborough
Genre – Horror/Crap
Steam Boat Willies
Genre – We will not change our name!
Genre – We are not miserable, we are quizzable!
The Whorehank Redemption
Genre – Essentially Orange Is The New Black the movie
Why So Serious?
Genre – Upbeat musical
Lords Of The Quiz: Return Of The Spoon Winners
Genre – Travelling through Mordor for more humiliation
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the 2004 Jonathan Frakes film, based on the Thunderbirds TV series?
2. What is the nationality of director Jean Pierre Jeunet?
3. What is the title of the sequel to Jurassic Park?
THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK
4. What make of car is used in the robbery in The Italian Job?
MINI (Ford Thomas)
5. Who played the lead role in The Truman Show?
6. How many individuals make up The Avengers (in 2012’s The Avengers)?
SIX (Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye)
7. According to the episodic chaptering of the Star Wars saga, which episode is Return Of The Jedi?
8. Which film starred George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube and Spike Jonze?
9. Disney’s The Sword In The Stone is based on which legendary king?
10. Which sequel did Tom Hanks star in, in 2010?
TOY STORY 3
ROUND II: Filming [IMDb Top 10 special]
1. Which of the following films is set in a prison? It’s A Wonderful Life? Once Upon A Time In The West? The Shawshank Redemption?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
2. Who directed The Godfather ? Brian De Palma? Francis Ford Coppola? Martin Scorsese?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
3. The Godfather: Part II was released in which year? 1974? 1975? 1976?
4. Which of the following quotes does not feature in The Dark Knight? You need an ace in the hole. Mine’s Harvey? You know, for a while, I thought you really were Dent? When you and Dent cleaned the streets, you cleaned them good?
WHEN YOU AND DENT CLEANED THE STREETS, YOU CLEANED THEM GOOD
5. In the script for 12 Angry Men each member of the jury has a number, what number is assigned to Henry Fonda’s character? 3? 8? 12?
6. Schindler’s List was nominated for twelve Oscars (of which it won seven). Which of the following categories did it gain an award for? Best Original Score? Best Supporting Actor? Best Costume Design?
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
7. Which song do Vincent and Mia dance to at Jack Rabbit Slims in Pulp Fiction? Lonesome Town? Let’s Stay Together? You Never Can Tell?
YOU NEVER CAN TELL
8. At the start of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Blondie hands Tuco over to the Sheriff for a bounty of how much? $1000? $2000? $5000?
TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS
9. Which character said the following, in The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King: “I didn’t think it would end this way”? Pippin? Theoden? Faramir?
10. The narrator’s various aliases in Fight Club are all named after Roman emperors. True or False?
FALSE (originally it was going to be Robert De Niro characters before it was abandoned)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What were the names of the two songs that Marty plays with Marvin Berry’s band in Back To The Future? (one point per correct answer)
JOHNNY B GOODE / EARTH ANGEL
2. Who directed Red Eye?
3. How many films has M Night Shyamalan directed, including 2015’s The Visit?
ELEVEN (Praying With Anger, Wide Awake, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Lady In The Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender, After Earth, The Visit)
4. The following individuals are all Oscar winners but what is their job title: William Goldenberg, Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter, Thelma Schoonmaker, Jamie Selkirk and Michael Kahn?
5. Hammer Studios is a production company founded in which country?
6. The following quote is from which film, “Tell me your story, Max. Come on. What burned you out? Kill one man too many? See too many people die? Lose some family?”?
MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR
7. Who featured in the following films: Annie Hall, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Silverado and Independence Day?
8. Who directed Where The Wild Things Are?
9. The Iron Giant is set in which year?
10. During production on the 1995 film Friday, cast and crew were recommended not to wear which colour; to avoid gang altercations?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following is not a Palm d’Or winning film? Roman Polanski’s The Pianist? Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11? Gus Van Sant’s My Own Private Idaho?
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO
2. Which of the following actors appeared in Field Of Dreams, The Lion King and Scary Movie 4? Rowan Atkinson? James Earl Jones? Whoopi Goldberg?
JAMES EARL JONES
3. The aperture of an anamorphic lens is what shape, rather than the industry standard circle? Oval? Rectangle? Octagon?
4. The central alien character in 2002’s Lilo & Stitch was first designed in which year? 1966? 1972? 1985?
5. Who directed Kill List, Sightseers, A Field In England and the upcoming High-Rise? Gareth Edwards? Ben Wheatley? James Watkins?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Welcome to the bank robbery capital of America”? The Town? Heat? Bandits?
7. Werner Herzog’s Aguirre: The Wrath Of God was released in which year? 1965? 1968? 1972?
8. Which of the following films is not set during World War II? The Big Red One? Judgement At Nuremberg? To End All Wars?
JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBERG (set in 1948)
9. Which of the following Oscar winning writers has worked on the most projects (released to date, excluding early, first or otherwise unused drafts)? William Monahan? Aaron Sorkin? Alan Ball?
WILLIAM MONAHAN – 7 (Aaron Sorkin – 6 / Alan Ball – 2)
10. Bob Hoskins came up with The Long Good Friday’s distinctive musical theme. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Closer / The Bourne Identity / Inside Man
Poster: Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Actor: Clive Owen