[30 August 2015]
No Instructions Needed
Genre – Wyldstyle and Emmet master build while eating Copen-Haagen Dazs
Genre – Surprising Lego Movie sequel where Will Ferrell’s character defecates a Lego model of the Eiffel Tower whenever he is startled
Unleash The Kragl… With Sexy Results!
Genre – Bawdy comedy starring Will Ferrell as a man dealing with impotence
The Lego Movie 2: War ‘N’ Piece Of Resistance
Genre – A period drama with Lego
Three Men And A Little Blondie
Genre – Former Blockbuster employees and one husband and Blondie
Das Flip Flop
Genre – A German U-boat crew go on holiday
Steam Boat Willies
Genre – A mouse and a boat that goes toot toot toot!
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the title of the 1988 film in which Tom Hanks plays a 12 year old boy who wishes to be big?
2. What colour is Belle’s ball-gown in Beauty And The Beast?
3. The character Indiana Jones debuted in which film?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
4. Complete the title of this 2011 film: Rise Of The Planet..
OF THE APES
5. Who directed Memento, The Prestige and Interstellar?
6. In which film did Robert De Niro play the role of Vito Corleone?
THE GODFATHER: PART II
7. Which actor appeared in the following films, Dead Poets Society, One Hour Photo and Good Morning Vietnam?
8. What was the title of Martin Scorsese’s biopic about Howard Hughes, starring Leonardo DiCaprio?
9. Miss Congeniality, starring Sandra Bullock, was released in which year?
10. How many Marvel Cinematic Universe films were released before The Avengers? (bonus points for every instalment named)
FIVE (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America)
ROUND II: Filming [The Lego Movie special]
1. Which superhero is dating Wyldstyle? Batman? The Shadow? Black Panther?
2. Which of the following actors did not voice a role in The Lego Movie? Liam Neeson? Tim Robbins? Morgan Freeman?
3. What is the first realm Emmet visits after leaving Bricksburgh? Pirates Cove? Cloud Cuckoo Land? The Old West?
THE OLD WEST
4. What is the name of the company that Lord Business runs? Octan? Roxxon? Envoy?
5. What is the title of the successful TV series that appears throughout the movie? The Big Bang Theory? Where Are My Pants? Are Those My Feet?
WHERE ARE MY PANTS?
6. What is the name of the 8 year old boy? Billy? Jaden? Finn?
7. Which of the following characters is not noted as a master builder? Raphael? Robin Hood? Swamp Creature?
8. What is the last line of the prophecy? And change our world forever? All this is true because it rhymes? The End?
ALL THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE IT RHYMES
9. What is the first law of the sea? Rouse a hearty crew? Never wipe with your hook hand? Never place your rear end on a pirate’s face?
NEVER PLACE YOUR REAR END ON A PIRATE’S FACE
10. The character Vitruvius is named after a Roman architect as the word architect derives from the Greek for master builder. True or False?
TRUE (arguably chief builder)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Littlefoot are characters in which film?
THE LAND BEFORE TIME
2. Who scored the following films, Terminator Salvation, Men In Black, Scrooged and Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure?
3. What is the title of the 2004 film about Alberto Granado and Ernesto Guevara taking a trip from Argentina to Peru?
THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES
4. Phil Connors learns to play which instrument in Groundhog Day?
5. In The Addams Family, Fester loses his memory and adopts what alias?
6. How many samurai make up the title group in Seven Samurai?
SIX (Kikuchiyo is not actually a samurai)
7. Complete the following quote from Star Wars, “This is the weapon of a Jedi knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster”
AN ELEGANT WEAPON FOR A MORE CIVILISED AGE
8. Chinatown is set in which US city?
9. What colour is Emilio Estevez’s top (both hoodie and jacket) in The Breakfast Club?
10. Describe the last shot of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho.
MARION’S CAR BEING PULLED FROM THE SWAMP
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. On a film set what is the Swing Gang’s primary function? Set decoration? Stunt performance? Costume maintenance?
2. Which actress appeared in Almost Famous, Elf and The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford? Mary-Louise Parker? Zooey Deschanel? Kate Hudson?
3. When Totoro first appears to Satsuki, in My Neighbour Totoro, he is sheltering from the rain by wearing what on his head? A bowl? A newspaper? A leaf?
4. Which of the following did not appear in the 1962 WWII film The Longest Day? Richard Harris? Robert Mitchum? Richard Burton?
5. What is Frank’s (Will Ferrell) old college nickname in Old School? Frankfurter? The Tank? Spanky Frankie?
6. The following quote is from which film, “The burden of proof is on the prosecution, the defendant doesn’t even have to open his mouth”? To Kill A Mockingbird? The Client? 12 Angry Men?
12 ANGRY MEN
7. Babel takes place in four countries, which of the following is not one of them? Algeria? Mexico? Japan?
8. Who co-directed Singin In The Rain with Stanley Donen? Cecil B. DeMille? Gene Kelly? Danny Kaye?
9. Which of the following films did not receive a single Oscar or Golden Globe nomination? The Exorcist? Sleepy Hollow? The Shining?
10. The remake of Oldboy made more at the box office than the Korean original. True or False?
FALSE (2003 – $15mil / 2013 – $4.9mil)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Alice In Wonderland / The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement / Brokeback Mountain
Poster: Bride Wars
Actor: Anne Hathaway