[19 July 2015]
Fresh Green Lantern Tomatoes At The Grand Blue Lagoon
The French Green Lantern and his girlfriend Emmeline go to the Whistlestop Café in Fiji and have some healthy tomatoes
Babe: Pigment In The City
The ghost of Leonardo Da Vinci possesses a talented pig, causing it to spew multi-coloured effluent over drab east-end London
Pretty In Pink Panther
Buffalo Bill’s daughter (played by Molly Ringwald) skins the pink panther to look pretty in pink at her prom
The Blue Quiffs
Even More Blue
Sequel to the smash hit art film Blue, in which the screen is just blue with the sounds of dying animals
Red Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
Spiritual successor to Orwell’s Animal Farm
Raiders Of The Lost Lark
A bromance buddy movie starring Bill Oddie and Chris Packham
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button was adapted from which F. Scott Fitzgerald short story?
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
2. Pixar’s Brave is set in which country?
3. What is the title of the third James Bond film to feature Daniel Craig?
4. What is the title of the sequel to Tron, released in 2010?
5. The Iron Lady portrays the life of which British politician?
6. What was the title of the X-Men prequel released in 2011?
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
7. What are the respective subtitles for The Hobbit trilogy instalments? (one point per correct answer)
AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY / THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG / THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
8. The character General Zod appeared in which three Superman films? (one point per correct answer)
SUPERMAN / SUPERMAN II / MAN OF STEEL
9. Which film tells the story of a widower who moves his house to a place called Paradise Falls and finds his childhood idol, Charles F. Muntz?
10. Which fictional alien hunts humans using an array of weapons, invisibility technology and thermal imaging?
ROUND II: Filming [Films with colours in the title]
1. What is the Red October in The Hunt For Red October? A plane? A tank? A submarine?
2. What is the name of the death row inmate played by Michael Clark Duncan in The Green Mile? William Wharton? John Coffey? Hal Moores?
3. In Joe Carnahan’s The Grey, Liam Neeson and an oil drilling team survive a plane crash but are hunted by what animal? Wolves? Bears? Snakes?
4. Who directed Blue Velvet? Oliver Stone? John Cassavetes? David? Lynch?
5. Pretty In Pink was released in which year? 1984? 1986? 1988?
6. What are the names of the heiress twins impersonated by Shawn and Marlon Wayans in White Chicks? The Wilsons? The Hillmans? The Miltons?
7. What is the name of Prince’s character in Purple Rain? The Man? The Artist? The Kid?
8. In Orange County, Colin Hanks decides to become a writer after reading a novel by a professor played by which actor? Michael Douglas? Kevin Kline? John Lithgow?
9. During the closing credits, the cast of Black Swan were credited both with character names and the corresponding characters from the Swan Lake ballet. Winona Ryder plays the role of Beth MacIntyre and which other credit? The Dying Swan? The Queen? Little Swan?
THE DYING SWAN
10. George Harrison was the only Beatle whose speaking voice featured in Yellow Submarine. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “Look how they massacred my boy”?
2. How many Rocky titles feature the character Apollo Creed? FOUR
3. Which Ocean’s film featured Catherine Zeta Jones?
4. What is the name of the fictional bird which plays a large part in The Hunger Games films?
5. Who directed Mimic, Cronos and The Devil’s Backbone?
GUILLERMO DEL TORO
6. Which 2012 film, directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, is a remake of a 1980’s TV series?
21 JUMP STREET
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Five total strangers team up for the perfect crime. They don’t know each other’s name but they’ve got each other’s number”?
RESERVOIR DOGS (despite the fact that there are 8 criminals, 6 of whom use aliases)
8. Which film starred Olivia Thirlby Lena Headey and Karl Urban?
9. The original and remake of True Grit were released in which respective years? (one point per correct answer)
1969 / 2010
10. How old is Mark Zuckerberg at the start of The Social Network?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Of its ten nominations, how many Academy Awards did Gravity win? 3? 5? 7?
2. In Ron Howard’s Rush, where does Niki Lauda’s accident take place? Japanese Grand Prix? German Grand Prix? Italian Grand Prix?
GERMAN GRAND PRIX
3. What is the name of Ryan Gosling’s character in Only God Forgives? Julian? Billy? Charlie?
4. In Water For Elephants, Robert Pattinson plays the role of Jacob Jankowski, who plays the old version of Jacob? Sam Waterston? Terence Stamp? Hal Holbrook?
5. In the 2013 science fiction Oblivion, Earth is divided into sections overseen by numbered towers. The bulk of the film focuses on the technician of which tower? Tower 37? Tower 49? Tower 52?
6. Which event is targeted for a suicide bombing attack at the end of Four Lions? London Marathon? Crufts? Brixton Carnival?
7. Which film starred Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx? White House Down? Gamer? Law Abiding Citizen?
LAW ABIDING CITIZEN
8. Which of the following did not feature in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln? David Oyelowo? Andrew Garfield? Jackie Earle Haley?
9. A Single Man, starring Colin Firth, takes place over a single day in 1962 (admittedly peppered with flashbacks). Which day is it? 30th November? 15th March? 19th July?
10. Before being a Will Ferrell comedy, Talladega Nights was originally pitched as a sequel to Days Of Thunder starring Tom Cruise. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World / Twilight / Into The Woods
Actor: Anna Kendrick