[05 July 2015]
Genre – Sequel to ‘The Passion Of Christine’ where a possessed car gets healed
A Fistful Of Torah’s
Genre – A kosher western
Indiana Jones And The Bailout Of Greece
Genre – Depressing action adventure without a happy ending
Genre – Spoon Chasing
Genre – Family
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the 1996 live-action remake of 101 Dalmatians?
2. Alien 3 is the direct sequel to which release?
3. Slumdog Millionaire is set in which country?
4. Who played the lead role in The King’s Speech?
5. Who directed Bad Boys and its sequel Bad Boys II?
6. Which flower features predominantly in American Beauty?
7. What is the name of the 1992 release in which Whoopi Goldberg portrayed a lounge singer hiding in a convent?
8. Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman play brothers in which film?
9. Which five actors play the role of Tony in The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus? (one point per correct answer)
HEATH LEDGER / JOHNNY DEPP / JUDE LAW / COLIN FARRELL / ZANDER GLADISH
10. A Man For All Seasons focuses on the life of which British monarch?
ROUND II: Filming [Religious Artefacts]
1. Arthur and his knights are questing for which artefact in Monty Python And The Holy Grail? The Turin Shroud? The True Cross? The Holy Grail?
THE HOLY GRAIL
2. The titular mask in 1994’s The Mask belongs to which god? Anubis? Loki? Hades?
3. In Star Trek Into Darkness, Harrison is hiding out on the home-world of which species? Klingon? Romulan? Cardassian?
4. What is the name of the priest played by Ian Holm in The Fifth Element? Craterus? Claudius? Cornelius?
5. In Hellboy, Kronen’s lair is under a cemetery near which city? Berlin? Moscow? Rome?
6. In Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Indiana travels to which country looking for Abner Ravenwood? China? Sri Lanka? Nepal?
7. How old was John Constantine when he committed suicide in Constantine? 15? 16? 17?
8. In Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, what is the name of the castle that Henry is being held captive in? Innsbruck? Brunwald? Steyr?
9. The following quote features in which film, “Everybody else we’ve bumped into has died, why not you?”? The Mummy? The Mummy Returns? The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor?
10. Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom’s original title was Indiana Jones And The Cult Of Death
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many men make up Sergeant William James’ unit in The Hurt Locker (excluding him)?
TWO (Sanborn and Eldridge)
2. No Country For Old Men is set in which year?
3. The following quote is from which film, “You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer. Your heart rate is jacked and your hand steady. That’s one thing I figured out about myself in prison. My hand does not shake, ever”?
4. The English Patient was released in which year?
5. What role did Roger Deakins perform on Ron Howard’s A Beautiful Mind?
CINEMATOGRAPHER / DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
6. What type of animal is Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other”?
8. Who plays the role of Princess Isabella of France in Braveheart?
9. Million Dollar Baby made $216million at the box office, what was its budget?
THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS
10. How many months is the munitions factory in Schindler’s List in operation?
SEVEN (and doesn’t produce any usable armaments)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Out Of Africa starts off in which country? Sweden? Austria? Denmark?
2. What is the name of the town in Unforgiven? Daggetsville? Big Whiskey? Yuma Peak?
3. Who directed Patton, Planet Of The Apes and The Boys From Brazil? Franklin Schaffner? Robert Altman? Ken Russell?
4. Who played the male lead, opposite Audrey Hepburn, in My Fair Lady? Dean Jones? Oliver Reed? Rex Harrison?
5. Midnight Cowboy was an adaptation of which medium? Play? Novel? Comic?
6. Which of the following films did not feature both David Niven and Shirley MacLaine? The Matchmaker? Ask Any Girl? Around The World In 80 Days?
7. Who wrote the screenplay for Argo? David Goyer? Simon Kinberg? Chris Terrio?
8. An American In Paris was released in which year? 1941? 1951? 1961?
9. The following quote is from which film, “It’s that Godless lot. They brought this on me. I bring ’em God’s word and heathens they are, they brung me God’s scorn”? 12 Years A Slave? Amistad? The Crucible?
12 YEARS A SLAVE
10. There isn’t a single zoom shot in The Artist, as there was no zoom technology at the time. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Three Amigos / Planes, Trains And Automobiles / The Pink Panther
Actor: Steve Martin