[21 June 2015]
The Grapes Of The Wrath Of Khan
Genre – Sci-fi time travel: the final battle against the Enterprise’s ultimate nemesis will not be fought in the future but in 1930 depression era America
Fruit Salad And Scrambled Eggs
Genre – Theatrical adaptation of the series Frasier
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Elwood Dowd’s invisible friend in Harvey?
2. Exodus: Gods And Kings is based on which religious book?
THE BIBLE (Exodus)
3. Name any film directed by Edgar Wright.
A FISTFUL OF FINGERS / SHAUN OF THE DEAD / HOT FUZZ / SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD / THE WORLD’S END
4. Who plays the role of Lex Luthor in Superman Returns?
5. The Simpsons Movie was released in which year?
6. In Children Of Men what is the gender of Kee’s baby?
7. Which actor featured in Austin Powers, Old School, Stranger Than Fiction and Megamind?
8. Rock Of Ages, Doctor Dolittle and Fame all belong to which genre?
9. Who directed JFK, Natural Born Killers, Platoon and Midnight Express?
10. Danny Ocean, Rusty Ryan, Linus Caldwell and Terry Benedict are characters in which film/franchise?
ROUND II: Filming [Fruit]
1. In James And The Giant Peach, the central characters set to sea in which fruit? Plum? Peach? Pomegranate?
2. Which of the dwarven characters in Snow White And The Seven Dwarves wears glasses? Happy? Bashful? Doc?
3. Which fruit is synonymous with violence in The Godfather? Oranges? Lemons? Limes?
4. In The Wicker Man, a sacrifice must be made to pagan gods to replenish the harvest of which fruit? Pears? Apples? Strawberries?
5. One of the most iconic scenes in The Public Enemy depicts James Cagney pushing what fruit into Mae Clarke’s face? Grapes? Kiwi? Grapefruit?
6. Which fruit plays a key role in the daily punishment of Hitler in Little Nicky? Pineapple? Star fruit? Banana?
7. Who played the lead role in The Grapes Of Wrath? Kirk Douglas? Henry Fonda? Gregory Peck?
8. Who directed Wild Strawberries? Francois Truffaut? Werner Herzog? Ingmar Bergman?
9. Which of the following releases was not directed by Chinese director Fruit Chan? Rainy Dog? Public Toilet? Dumplings?
10. Pineapple Express was the first marijuana-themed comedy to gross over $100 million worldwide. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Ben Affleck has appeared in how many films which have won the Best Picture Oscar?
TWO (Shakespeare In Love / Argo)
2. What is the title of the 80’s science fiction film about a group of elderly people rejuvenated by aliens in a swimming pool?
3. Alexander Payne’s Sideways was released in which year?
4. After his breakup at the start of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, where does Peter Bretter go on holiday?
5. What is the name of Georges Melies’ goddaughter in Hugo?
6. How many scenes in Jurassic Park feature the Tyrannosaurus Rex?
FOUR (T Rex attack / Saving Malcolm / Gallimimus flock / Finale)
7. What did Ridley Scott direct in between White Squall (1996) and Gladiator (2000)?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Darling, I don’t know how to tell you this but there’s a Chinese family in our bathroom”?
(500) DAYS OF SUMMER
9. The party at the start of Cloverfield is a send-off for Rob, who is moving to which country?
10. Exit Wounds, The Glimmer Man and Machete all starred which actor?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who directed Broken Flowers, Dead Man and Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai? Lars Von Trier? Jim Jarmusch? Ed Zwick?
2. Which of the following is not a documentary? The Fog Of War? Man On Wire? The Appointments Of Dennis Jennings?
THE APPOINTMENTS OF DENNIS JENNINGS
3. Which film is considered the first of Universal’s horror/monster series? The Hunchback Of Notre Dame? The Mummy? Creature From The Black Lagoon?
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1923)
4. Which of the following did not appear in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? Ciaran Hinds? David Thewlis? Stephen Graham?
5. What is the name of Bill Sikes’ dog in Oliver!? Kingsley? Bludger? Bullseye?
6. Which of the following films is about a bank robbery during World War II? Kelly’s Heroes? 1941? Buffalo Soldiers?
7. Who played the role of Maid Marian in The Adventures Of Robin Hood? Vivien Leigh? Olivia de Havilland? Ingrid Bergman?
OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND
8. The following quote is from which film, “One cannot be betrayed if one has no people”? Coriolanus? The Fisher King? The Usual Suspects?
THE USUAL SUSPECTS
9. Which of the following actors has not portrayed Odin on screen? Christopher Lee? Anthony Hopkins? Bob Hoskins?
10. Clerks is a loose adaptation of The Divine Comedy. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Dances With Wolves / Waterworld / Man Of Steel
Poster: The Untouchables
Actor: Kevin Costner