[07 June 2015]
Ghost II: Sexy Pottery Hands
– Erotic paranormal romance sequel where Patrick Swayze’s character opens an erotic pottery shop
SHIELD Of Dreams
– The team build a baseball field at the back of Agent Coulson’s house and watch ghostly disgraced Loki stooges and Hydra reformed agents play ball
All About Evita
– Musical melodrama
– Scary but feminist take on classic comedy
Don’t Cross The Streams
– A hard hitting documentary on river mismanagement in the Nile Basin
– Erotic thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. 1940’s The Grapes Of Wrath is an adaptation of which novel?
THE GRAPES OF WRATH
2. Who played the title character in Terminator 2: Judgement Day?
3. What is the full title of the third Indiana Jones film?
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
4. What colour is Dory in Finding Nemo?
BLUE (with black and yellow trim)
8. Which Frank Darabont film features Tom Hanks as a prison officer?
THE GREEN MILE
6. Who directed Snatch?
7. Monty Python And The Holy Grail is set in which country?
8. In which film did Rutger Hauer say, “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe”?
9. What is the name of the emperor played by Richard Harris in Gladiator?
10. In which year was Full Metal Jacket released?
ROUND II: Filming [Ghosts]
1. Excluding the upcoming Ghost Dimension, how many Paranormal Activity films have been released to date? 1? 2? 4?
2. Who directed The Lovely Bones? Luc Besson? Peter Jackson? Jason Reitman?
3. What is the name of the estate that Arthur Kipps must stay in, in The Woman In Black? Eel Marsh House? Rook Hill House? Black Wood House?
EEL MARSH HOUSE
4. What is the name of Bruce Willis’ character in The Sixth Sense? Vincent Grey? David Dunn? Malcolm Crowe?
5. The original 13 Ghosts was released in which year? 1958? 1960? 1962?
6. Which of the following was the poster tagline for the Bill Cosby film, Ghost Dad? As you’ve never seen him before.. invisible? You’ll never see him coming? Seeing is believing.. but they can’t see him?
AS YOU’VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE.. INVISIBLE
7. What is the name of the captain of the leper’s ship in The Fog? Bennett? Burke? Blake?
8. Which of the following quotes is not from Beetlejuice? Let’s turn on the juice and see what shakes loose? Shut up skinbag? Not so fast round boy?
SHUT UP SKINBAG
9. In the 1944 film The Uninvited, Rick and Pamela move from London to a haunted house in which county? Cornwall? Norfolk? Cumbria?
10. Robbie’s fears in Poltergeist (clowns and a tree outside his window) are based on Steven Spielberg’s own childhood fears. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who directed each Mission: Impossible film (1-4)? (one point per correct answer)
BRIAN DE PALMA / JOHN WOO / JJ ABRAMS / BRAD BIRD
2. Which 1990 science fiction adaptation was remade in 2012?
3. How many cardinals are kidnapped in Angels & Demons?
4. Which book is Dr Harry Adams (Samuel L Jackson) reading in Sphere?
20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA
5. What is the running time of Danny Boyle’s 127 Hours?
NINETY THREE MINUTES
6. How many films did Martin Scorsese direct in the 1990’s?
SIX (Goodfellas, Cape Fear, The Age Of Innocence, Casino, Kundun, Bringing Out The Dead)
7. What is the name of the masked villain in Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior?
8. In Disney’s animated Peter Pan, Mr. Smee’s outfit is predominantly what colour?
9. What was the title of Paddy Considine’s directorial debut?
10. Which Australian film starred Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston and John Hurt?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which actor said the following, “I don’t approve of the John Waynes and the Gary Coopers saying ‘Shucks, I ain’t no actor, I’m just a bridge builder or a gas station attendant.’ If they aren’t actors what the hell are they getting paid for? I have respect for my profession, I worked hard at it”? James Cagney? Clark Gable? Humphrey Bogart?
2. Which film starred Cher, Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci? Good Times? Mermaids? Tea With Mussolini?
3. Who played the title role in the 1969 western Sam Whiskey? Burt Reynolds? Bob Hope? Tony Curtis?
4. Two of the following are the only individuals to win the best actor Oscar for a film they directed. Which one didn’t? Roberto Benigni? Laurence Olivier? George Clooney?
5. Excluding made for TV and straight to DVD releases, how many movies have been released under the National Lampoon’s banner? 7? 19? 41?
6. Which actor appeared in Goodfellas, Nixon and Jersey Shore Shark Attack? Paul Sorvino? Ray Liotta? Powers Boothe?
7. John Malkovich, Dennis Hopper and Matt Damon have all portrayed which fictional literary character? Jason Bourne? Kurtz? Tom Ripley?
8. Who voiced the lead role in the 1997 animated feature, Anastasia? Helen Hunt? Meg Ryan? Minnie Driver?
9. The following quote is from which film, “I’m fifty nine years old and they still keep pinching my cheeks like I’m a child”? Drive? Jackie Brown? RocknRolla?
10. In Back To The Future Part II there is a character credited as CPR Kid who comments several times, “I think he took his wallet.” This is an inside joke as Robert Zemeckis was once knocked out and a passer-by adamantly insisted he had been mugged. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Moulin Rouge! / Trainspotting / Star Wars – Episode II: Attack Of The Clones
Poster: Big Fish
Actor: Ewan McGregor