[26 April 2015]
Genre – Bondage horror starring Miley Cyrus
Genre – Being the tale of no-good asshats who know how to spell both Glorious and Bastards
Resolve Our Problems Peacefully Bill
Genre – The bride and Bill reconcile amicably for the sake of their daughter, without resorting to mindless violence
Genre – Mofo bar manager disses his crew and gets fucked over
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the Navy’s Fighter Weapons School in Top Gun?
2. Finish the following quote, “A martini. Shaken..”
3. What is the name of the villain in 101 Dalmatians?
4. In film coding and categorisation what does B/W stand for?
BLACK AND WHITE
5. What breed of dog do John and Jenny adopt in Marley & Me?
6. What is the title of Disney’s adaptation of Rapunzel?
7. What is the subtitle of the second The Hunger Games film?
8. What is the first name of Michael Caine’s character in The Italian Job?
9. How many talking books accompany Richard Tyler in The Pagemaster?
10. “I’m sorry Ollie” was a catchphrase of Laurel or Hardy?
ROUND II: Filming [Quentin Tarantino]
1. In Reservoir Dogs, the thieves take their aliases from what? Animals? Numbers? Colours?
2. What colour is Stuntman Mike’s car in Death Proof? White? Black? Red?
3. What is the name of the Yakuza army in Kill Bill Vol. I? The Crazy 88’s? The Hand? Yakuza 2.0?
THE CRAZY 88’S
4. What was King Schultz’s profession before he took up bounty hunting in Django Unchained? Blacksmith? Barman? Dentist?
5. Which of the following is not a chapter heading in Pulp Fiction? The Gold Watch? The Back Seat? The Diner?
THE BACK SEAT
6. Which of the following was not produced by Tarantino? Desperado? Hostel? The Man With The Iron Fists?
7. The following quote is said by which character in Kill Bill Vol. II, “To me the word of an old fool like you is worth less than nothing”? Beatrix Kiddo? Pai Mei? Elle Driver?
8. Which of the following scripts were not worked on by Tarantino (although his contribution is listed as uncredited)? Crimson Tide? Con Air? The Rock?
9. ‘Correctly’ spell Inglourious Basterds.
10. The money depicted in Jackie Brown is genuine currency. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Tony Scott’s Man On Fire was released in which year?
2. Thulsa Doom, King Osric, Valeria and Conan are characters in which film?
CONAN THE BARBARIAN
3. Toothless is trained by which Viking adolescent in How To Train Your Dragon?
HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK III
4. Which two actors played the lead roles in 1975’s The Man Who Would Be King? (one point per correct answer)
SEAN CONNERY / MICHAEL CAINE
5. In Roger Donaldson’s film, The World’s Fastest Indian, what is the title referring to?
INDIAN SCOUT MOTORCYCLE
6. The following is the poster tagline from which film, “They’ll never get caught, they’re on a mission from God”?
THE BLUES BROTHERS
7. The American, starring George Clooney, is set in which country (excluding the prologue in Sweden)?
8. Which film starred Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton and Cate Blanchett?
9. What was the budget for The Inbetweeners Movie?
10. How many names headlined the theatrical poster for The Avengers?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which film, “God damn your eyes, man! You turned your back on me!”? Master And Commander? The New World? The Bounty?
2. Who played the lead role in the 1965 film, The Train? Rex Harrison? Burt Lancaster? Anthony Quinn?
3. What is the name of the fictional country (supposedly Germany) in The Great Dictator? Tomainian? Teutonian? Talitarian?
4. Who directed Stand By Me? Frank Marshall? Rob Marshall? Rob Reiner?
5. What is the name of the young boy in 1954 western Shane? Billy? Joey? Tommy?
6. In which film does Whoopi Goldberg play a First National Bank employee who accidentally gets involved in cold war espionage? Jumpin Jack Flash? The Telephone? Made In America?
JUMPIN JACK FLASH
7. At the start of Cool Hand Luke, we learn that Luke Jackson fought in which war? Vietnam War? World War II? Korean War?
8. In The Brave Little Toaster, how many anthropomorphic household appliances try and find Rob, their master? Four? Five? Six?
9. The following quote is from which film, “Finance is a gun, politics is knowing when to pull the trigger”? The Godfather: Part III? The Godfather: Part II? The Godfather?
THE GODFATHER: PART III
10. The Fisher King was the first film directed by Terry Gilliam that didn’t feature any other members of Monty Python. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Babe: Pig In The City / Eastern Promises / The Ring
Poster: Tank Girl
Actor: Naomi Watts