[15 February 2015]
Kong With The Wind
Genre – The king suffers with flatulence but frankly no one gives a damn
The Numb-Arse And The Furious
Genre – Film critic Matthew Stogdon goes on a murderous rampage after suffering through yet another film that had no business being 1hr 58mins long
Genre – Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum hit rock bottom
Genre – The story of a lonely editor who is hired to recut films
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Pollock, starring Ed Harris is a biopic about which painter?
2. What was the title of Roger Moore’s first appearance as James Bond?
LIVE AND LET DIE
3. Who directed Unbreakable?
M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN
4. Who played the lead role in Sexy Beast?
5. James Cameron’s The Abyss was released in which year?
6. The following all belong to which genre, Pumping Iron, Touching The Void and Fahrenheit 9/11?
7. The Road Warrior and Thunderdome were subtitles of instalments in which franchise?
8. Which film starred Jamie Foxx, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy?
9. In Disney’s The Sword In The Stone, Junius Matthews voices the character Archimedes, Merlin’s pet what?
10. After being nominated in Steel Magnolias and Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts won her best actress Oscar for which film?
ROUND II: Filming [Films Matt thinks are at least 30mins too long]
1. Which of the following Transformers films has the longest running time? Age Of Extinction? Dark Of The Moon? Revenge Of The Fallen?
AGE OF EXTINCTION
2. In The Dark Knight Rises, other than Bruce what was the name of the only prisoner who climbed out of the prison called the Pit? Bane? Talia? Ras?
3. What is the name of the captain of the Venture in 2005’s King Kong? Captain Hayes? Captain Preston? Captain Englehorn? [bonus point for naming the actor who played him]
CAPTAIN ENGLEHORN [Thomas Kretschmann]
4. The airline Jackie works for in Jackie Brown flies to and from the United States and which country? Mexico? Columbia? Brazil?
5. American Gangster is predominantly set in which city? Seattle? New York? St Louis?
6. How do you correctly spell the name of the villain played by Stephen Lang in Avatar? Qoarish? Quorige? Quaritch?
7. Baz Luhrmann’s Australia takes place in how many countries? One? Two? Three?
8. How long is the 1976 film, 1900, starring Robert De Niro, Gerard Depardieu and Donald Sutherland? 4 hours? 5 hours? 6 hours?
FIVE HOURS (317mins)
9. Which character in AI: Artificial Intelligence said the following quote, “I’m in bad trouble”? Teddy? David? Joe?
10. Judi Dench had more screen time in Skyfall than Desmond Llewelyn had in his seventeen appearances as Q. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the name of Kiefer Sutherland’s character in The Lost Boys?
2. The following quote is from which film, “Infidels. You have touched the forbidden treasure, now you will never again see the light of day”?
3. James Earl Jones played Vice Admiral James Greer in how many adaptations of Tom Clancy books?
THREE (The Hunt For Red October / Patriot Games / Clear And Present Danger)
4. In Frances Ha, what is Frances’ full surname?
5. 10 Things I Hate About You was released in which year?
6. Al Pacino, Russell Crowe and Michael Gambon all appeared in which film?
7. The following songs are from which film: For The First Time In Forever, In Summer and Love Is An Open Door?
8. When Enid and Rebecca first meet Seymour in Ghost World, he is selling what in a garage sale?
9. Who directed Face/Off?
10. The following quote is from which film, “I’d like you to tell me that you are and have been a false prophet and that God is a superstition”
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Annie Hall was released in which year? 1977? 1978? 1979?
2. What is the name of the leader of the gangsters in Some Like It Hot? Toothpick Charlie? Spats Colombo? Fingers McGee?
3. At the end of Fargo, Marge learns that her husband’s artwork is going to appear on a stamp but not the most prestigious one. Which stamp is he being featured on? 50 cents? 12 cents? 3 cents?
4. Who directed the following films, Scarface, The Big Sleep and Rio Bravo? Howard Hawks? John Huston? Nicholas Ray?
5. Who starred in the lead role in 1974’s The Parallax View? Gene Hackman? Warren Beatty? Robert Redford?
6. Who conducted the score for Midnight Cowboy? Henry Mancini? Jerry Fielding? John Barry?
7. 1948’s Bicycle Thieves made in which country? Italy? France? Spain?
8. What is the eponymous Melancholia in the 2011 Lars Von Trier film? A will? A planet? A diamond?
9. In Persepolis, fearing Marji’s outspoken nature will get her arrested, she is sent to a school in which country? France? Belgium? Austria?
10. In Patton, George C Scott insisted he drive his own tank and spent seven weeks and $50,000 of the film’s budget being taught. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Walk The Line / Legally Blonde / Monsters Vs Aliens
Actor: Reese Witherspoon