[01 February 2015]
Star Trek Into Uranus
Genre – ‘Don’t mispronounce my planet’
Genre – Will Smith captains the greatest party in the galaxy
Plan 69 From Outta Space
Genre – ‘This is the sort of thing they pick, it’s sexual’
Genre – Comedy
Coriolanus On Uranus
Genre – Traj.
Genre – Robert Downey Jr is naked and thinks he really is Iron Man (Tony Stark), Sean Bean is naked and thinks he really is Nedd Stark. They fight a Stark War whilst naked. Ringo Starr does the music
Genre – The best fly catchers in the East of England
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps is the sequel to which film?
2. What genre does Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street belong to?
3. How many sharks do Marlin and Dory meet in Finding Nemo?
4. Who plays the male lead in The Notebook?
RYAN GOSLING (I’ll also accept James Garner)
5. Name any feature film directed by Terrence Malick.
BADLANDS / DAYS OF HEAVEN / THE THIN RED LINE / THE NEW WORLD / THE TREE OF LIFE / TO THE WONDER / KNIGHT OF CUPS
6. Robin Williams starred in which 1993 film?
7. The following quote is from which film, “Come and live with me in peace and safety, away from the wangdoodles and hornswogglers and snozzwangers and rotten vermicious knids”?
WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
8. What was the title of the only James Bond film to be rated 15?
LICENCE TO KILL
9. Which Richard Linklater film starred Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jnr and Woody Harrelson?
A SCANNER DARKLY
10. Daniel LaRusso, played by Ralph Macchio is the lead character in which film?
THE KARATE KID / PART II / PART III
ROUND II: Filming [Films set on spaceships]
1. What is the title of the science fiction directed by Christopher Nolan? Interstellar? Insomnia? Following? **6000th question asked!**
2. Tom Hanks portrays which astronaut in Apollo 13? Jack Swigert? Jim Lovell? Fred Haise?
3. In Sunshine, the Comms officer of the Icarus II picks up a distress signal from the Icarus I after passing which planet? Mars? Venus? Mercury?
4. Alien Resurrection is set how many years after Alien 3? 200 years? 100 years? 75 years?
TWO HUNDRED YEARS
5. The 1972 adaptation of Solaris was produced by which country? West Germany? Soviet Union? France?
6. What is the name of the terrorist group in Lost In Space? Universal Subterfuge? Galactic Insurrection? Global Sedition?
7. What is the name of the robot in The Black Hole? Vincent? Victor? Vern?
VINCENT (Vital Information Necessary Centralised)
8. Which British science fiction film starred Kirk Douglas, Farrah Fawcett and Harvey Keitel? Galaxy Of Terror? Saturn 3? Capricorn One?
9. Who wrote the screenplay for the 1974 film, Dark Star? Lawrence Kasdan? David Newman? Dan O’Bannon?
10. At least one quote from every single Shakespearean tragedy is quoted throughout Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which film, “I’d like to talk about Madeline Ashton”
DEATH BECOMES HER
2. How many named hallucinatory figures does Nash see in A Beautiful Mind?
THREE (Charles, Marcee and Parcher)
3. Bryan Mills is the lead character in which franchise?
4. In I’m A Cyborg, Il-Soon’s mask resembles which animal?
5. In Life Of Pi, what is the lead character named after?
A SWIMMING POOL
6. What did Alfred Hitchcock direct in between Dial M For Murder and To Catch A Thief?
7. Doubt, starring Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams was released in which year?
8. Who directed The Dark Crystal? (one point per correct answer)
JIM HENSON / FRANK OZ
9. What is the name of the boy in the rabbit costume who visits Donnie in Donnie Darko?
10. Madmartigan, Sorsha, Elora and Bavmorda are characters in which 80’s film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many loops does Lola experience in Run Lola Run? Three? Four? Five?
2. Who directed and starred in the 1976 film The Tenant? Francis Ford Coppola? Roman Polanski? Ingmar Bergman?
3. Which Kubrick film was released in 1968? Lolita? Dr Strangelove? 2001: A Space Odyssey?
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
4. Which of the following was not directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu? Y Tu Mama Tambien? 21 Grams? Biutiful? [bonus point for naming the film’s actual director]
Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN [Alfonso Cuaron]
5. Why was the adolescent Salvatore put in charge of the projector in Cinema Paradiso? His father demands he take over the family business? The projector was blinded in an explosion? He was born without a sense of smell and could work in the poor conditions?
THE PROJECTOR WAS BLINDED IN AN EXPLOSION
6. Which of the following films was written by John Hughes and starred Michael Keaton, Christopher Lloyd and Jeffrey Tambor? Dutch? Nate And Hayes? Mr. Mom?
7. The 400 Blows, Day For Night and The Last Metro were directed by whom? Francois Truffaut? Jean-Luc Godard? Claude Chabrol?
8. Who played the role of Oliver Warbucks in the 1982 adaptation of Annie? John Huston? Albert Finney? Spencer Tracey?
9. In Doctor Dolittle, on Sea-Star island the natives name their children after what? Composers? Scientists? Authors?
10. John Carpenter was offered the chance to direct The Goonies, Lethal Weapon and Footloose but turned them all down. True or False?
FALSE (but he was offered Top Gun and Fatal Attraction)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Once Upon A Time In America / Requiem For A Dream / 9
Poster: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Actor: Jennifer Connelly