[21 December 2014]
Thy Womb With A View
Genre – E.M. Forster’s birth in Thailand
Dangerously Banging Cock.. With Sexy Results
Genre – Pixar animation featuring voice talent of Rob Schneider
A Tale Of Two Fisters
Genre – A ghoftly tale of fiblings who are scary
Nick Menage A Tree
Genre – A sexy Christmas tree, two lovers, one hell of an orgy; starring Nicki Minaj
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Italian Stallion is the nickname of which boxer, in Rocky?
2. Alistair Sim, Albert Finney, Michael Caine, Tim Curry, George C Scott, Patrick Stewart, Kelsey Grammer and Jim Carrey have all played which character?
3. What two colours make up Buddy’s outfit in Elf? (one point per correct answer)
GREEN / YELLOW
4. What is the subtitle to Home Alone 2?
LOST IN NEW YORK
5. Who played the title role of the deceased musician resurrected as a snowman in the 1997 family film, Jack Frost?
6. Bill Murray starred in which 1988 Christmas film, directed by Richard Donner?
7. Crash is set over two days in which US city?
8. What is the name of the lead character in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
9. In what type of building is Die Hard 2 predominantly set?
10. Christian Bale starred in the adaptation of which Bret Easton Ellis novel?
ROUND II: Filming [South East Asian Cinema]
1. Ang Lee was born in which Asian sovereign state? Cambodia? Malaysia? Taiwan?
2. Toho Studio’s Godzilla was released in which year? 1950? 1954? 1959?
3. What was the first Western film to be publically screened in North Korea (albeit heavily edited)? Spider-Man? Bend It Like Beckham? Die Another Day?
BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM
4. Raise The Red Lantern is set in which decade? 1920’s? 1930’s? 1940’s?
5. Bong Joon-ho, Kim Ji-woon and Lee Chang-dong are all directors from which country? South Korea? Hong Kong? Vietnam?
6. In addition to being revered by critics, which film was named the greatest Chinese language film ever made at the Hong Kong Film Awards? Blood On Wolf Mountain? Spring In A Small Town? Ashes Of Time?
SPRING IN A SMALL TOWN
7. Which of the following Ozu films is about a young lady finding a husband and coming to terms with the notion of her widowed father remarrying? Late Spring? Brothers And Sisters Of The Toda Family? Floating Weeds?
8. What did Akira Kurosawa direct in between Seven Samurai and Throne Of Blood? I Live In Fear? The Lower Depths? The Idiot?
I LIVE IN FEAR
9. Who does Sung Tse-Ho work for in A Better Tomorrow? The Triad? The Hong Kong Police Force? The People’s Liberation Army, Hong Kong Garrison?
10. The 2002 biopic Chi-hwa-seon is also known as Fly High Run Far, I’ll Never Cry Again and Thunder Sword. True or False?
FALSE (Painted Fire / Drunk On Women And Poetry)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Rise Of The Guardians, what is the name of the Father Christmas character?
2. Which 2006 film features the following couples forming a relationship: a Hollywood composer and a Daily Telegraph columnist; a book editor and an owner of a movie trailer advertising company?
3. In the alternate version of his life, in The Family Man, how many children does Jack Campbell have?
4. Which two actors play the lead roles of the 1983 John Landis film, Trading Places? (one point per correct answer)
DAN AYKROYD / EDDIE MURPHY
5. Which Disney animated film opens and closes around Christmas?
LADY AND THE TRAMP
6. Dudley Moore, John Lithgow and Burgess Meredith appeared in which film?
SANTA CLAUS: THE MOVIE
7. Sam Lowry is the lead character in which film?
8. In Eastern Promises, what type of business does Semyon as a front for his Russian mafia dealings?
9. How many years pass between the opening scene of Just Friends and the rest of the story?
10. What was the title of the Christmas film Doug Liman directed in between Swingers and The Bourne Identity?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the baby in Tokyo Godfathers? Kiyoko? Miyuki? Hana?
2. Which character gives Charles a sled for Christmas in Citizen Kane? Mary Kane? Walter Parks Thatcher? Jim Gettys?
WALTER PARKS THATCHER
3. Which Christmas film did Catherine Hardwicke direct before Twilight? Black Christmas? The Family Stone? The Nativity Story?
THE NATIVITY STORY
4. Which of the following Christmas films is set during the first world war? Joyeux Noel? I’ll Be Seeing You? Remember The Night?
5. In The Lemon Drop Kid, Bob Hope’s character has three weeks to raise how much money? $5,000? $10,000? $15,000?
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
6. In the John Ford/John Wayne film 3 Godfathers, how many of the title characters live until the end of the film? 3? 2? 1?
ONE (John Wayne’s character Robert.. who is then arrested)
7. What is Fran’s (Shirley MacLaine) job in The Apartment? Elevator operator? Bus conductor? Singing telegram?
8. The last line of It Happened On Fifth Avenue starts “Remind me to nail up the board in the back fence.” How does the quote end? Don’t want the dog running away? He’s coming through the front door next winter? You know where the toolbox is?
HE’S COMING THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR NEXT WINTER
9. Which of the following celebrations does not feature in Holiday Inn? Lincoln’s birthday? Independence day? Labour day?
10. The father/son roles of Pietari and Rauno in Rare Exports are played by actual father/son actors. True or False?
TRUE (Onni and Jorma Tommila)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Santa Clause / Jingle All The Way / Miracle On 34th Street
Poster: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Actor: Richard Attenborough