[07 December 2014]
Over The Topless
Genre – Sylvester Stallone arm wrestles a group of strippers
The Four Amigos
Genre – Magic realism
Naked Topless Gun
Genre – Leslie Nielson and Tom Cruise team up for allegedly non-homoerotic times
Genre – Miley Cyrus gets her bangers out in a mining town
Genre – Sad quiz revolution musical (with people getting their heads chopped off.. topless)
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. 2000’s Dungeons & Dragons was an adaptation of which RPG franchise?
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
2. The Jim Carrey film Liar Liar is part of which genre?
3. What colour are the Terminator’s eyes (the endoskeleton of the T101 model)?
4. Emmet Brickowski, Vitruvius and Batman are characters from which film?
THE LEGO MOVIE
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park was released how many years after Jurassic Park?
6. Which John Wayne film was remade by the Coen Brothers?
7. What is the name of Drew Barrymore’s character in The Wedding Singer?
8. How old is Kevin McCallister in Home Alone?
9. Who stars in the lead role in the 1980 film, Private Benjamin?
10. Don’t Lose Your Head and Follow That Camel are part of which franchise?
ROUND II: Filming [Topless scenes in film]
1. What is the name of Ariel’s father in The Little Mermaid? Poseidon? Triton? Neptune?
2. In Cast Away, Chuck Noland works for which courier service? FedEx? UPS? Royal Mail?
3. X-Men Was released in which year? 1999? 2000? 2001?
4. Who played the role of Frankenstein’s father in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein? Ian McKellen? Bernard Hill? Ian Holm?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Pardon me, my good sir, but I demand you release that young lady”? Hercules? The Hunchback Of Notre Dame? Pocahontas?
6. What is the name of the governing vampire coven introduced in Twilight: New Moon? Spezia? Volturi? Anatra?
7. How many astronauts are part of Taylor’s crew in Planet Of The Apes (including Taylor)? 4? 5? 6?
8. How many songs feature in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut? 11? 14? 18?
9. Which studio distributed The Incredible Hulk? Universal? Sony? MGM?
10. While filming The Passion Of The Christ Jim Caviezel suffered hypothermia on the cross, separated his shoulder and was struck by lightning. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which three Terry Gilliam films make up his Orwellian Triptych? (one point per correct answer)
BRAZIL / 12 MONKEYS / ZERO THEOREM
2. The following films are mostly set in which year: Bobby, The Deer Hunter, Made In Dagenham and Girl, Interrupted?
3. Complete the title of this film: The Englishman Who..
WENT UP A HILL BUT CAME DOWN A MOUNTAIN
4. What did Ivan Reitman direct in between Ghostbusters II and Dave?
5. What was the budget on Django Unchained?
ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS
6. Tucker and Esther are the names of the parents of which character in the Batman franchise?
OSWALD COBBLEPOT / THE PENGUIN
7. Who directed the 2003 film, Elf?
8. When imitating a Nakatomi employee, in Die Hard, what alias does Hans Gruber adopt?
9. The majority of Schindler’s List takes place in which country?
10. The following quote is from which film, “Better a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick”
A KNIGHT’S TALE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many of Seven Psychopaths’ cast feature in the Marvel film adaptations? 3? 4? 5?
THREE (Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Harry Dean Stanton)
2. What is the name of the ancient blood god in Blade? La Magra? Il Sangue? Da Blutgott?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “It was the deltas against the rules.. the rules lost”? Animal House? Monsters University? Old School?
4. The Polar Express is set in which decade? 1950’s? 1960’s? 1970’s?
5. Bill Harford’s mask in Eyes Wide Shut is predominantly white, with what colour decoration/trimmings? Gold? Silver? Red?
6. What is the running time of It’s A Wonderful Life? 110 minutes? 120 minutes? 130 minutes?
7. Who received top billing on the poster for LA Confidential? Kevin Spacey? Russell Crowe? Danny DeVito?
8. How many years pass between Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2? 3? 5? 7?
9. Which Lethal Weapon film opens with Riggs, Murtaugh and a cat attempting to disarm a bomb? Lethal Weapon 2? Lethal Weapon 3? Lethal Weapon 4?
LETHAL WEAPON THREE
10. Kingston Falls (Gremlins) and Hill Valley (Back To The Future) were the same set on the Universal backlot. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom / Casper / Grosse Point Blank
Actor: Dan Aykroyd